BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Buyer To go Public ?

It's his enthusiasm, excitement I particually like. He's a Rover and this is a fans club.

Ilyas Khan has a n intresting ground of financial services and planning. It would require his ilk to replace John Williams and Karen Silks role.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? What has Wayne Wild ever done to suggest he could run a football club? I'm struggling to see why people are pushing for Wayne Wild to be involved.

Possibly because it wouldn't be Wayne Wild running the club?

I can see Wayne's point, he's tried more than once to discuss BRSIT with Ian Battersby with a view to them working side by side. As I understand it they've had no reply. I can't see why they wouldn't want the fans to own part of the club in the same way Swansea is ran. You would have thought that Khan/Battersby would want to include this in their bid. Especially Khan with him being community minded. So my two questions are, what are their connections with Anderson, and why have they not discussed their bid with BRSIT.

It's easy for us to be excited about a potential new owner after all the crap we've been served up for the last 18 months but I suppose if you are trying to get some kind of fan ownership initiative together, and the potential new owners are supposed to be fans/community minded and they aren't even interested in having a chat about it over a cup of coffee, you're going to be a little bit suspicious.

If it was the Qatari's who had billions at their disposal I could understand them ignoring BRSIT, but Khan/Battersby will not be flush with money relatively speaking, so you would think they would want to join forces with such a gallant effort to save the club. That's just me.

LT poll seems to have disappeared.

Wonder if it's because of 'legal reasons' ?

A very heavy handed approach from vested interests - that's my bet, as we've seen before. If so, so much for democracy and freedom of speech !

Thanks explains why I could not find it when I clicked on the link on here.

I have already pledged to BRSIT but I am not happy with Wayne Wilds reaction to the potential Seneca bid.

I'm happy that their are potential bidders out there like Seneca but I'm not happy with them ignoring BRSIT. For me they should be exploring all avenues of trying to take over the club and I think a part fan ownership would have been a great way to go. The pledges for BRSIT would have gone up, and it would have meant more money going into the club all round. And the fans would have had a small say in the running of it.

It's his enthusiasm, excitement I particually like. He's a Rover and this is a fans club.

Ilyas Khan has a n intresting ground of financial services and planning. It would require his ilk to replace John Williams and Karen Silks role.

I appreciate that he's a fan. We are all fans and I guess all enthusiastic. That doesn't mean we could take control of a club. The two Ians are fans, what's wrong with them?

Read this bit - some of the sample sentences misuse the word but this http://www.yourdictionary.com/incredulous tells you - taken from the site you quoted - that I am right about the meaning of the word - you are incredulous about what is incredible. Not usually in teacher mode on a Saturday morning - only asked because I wasn't quite clear what you meant rather than any great desire to get your English put straight - I teach French and German anyway - not English

Danke, ayez une bonne journée !

even though i have pledged to BRSIT i dont really want to. i pledged to BRSIT because in a wors case scenario BRSIT could buy the club and perhaps prevent administration/bankrupcy. even if that had happened i would still look at BRSIT as a temporary solution, keeping the club floating until some potential new buyers with passion could come in and take over for BRSIT.

Lets face it, venkys are the muammar khadafi, saddam hussain or adolph hitler when it comes to ownership. everyone hates them and noone can possibly do a worse job than them.

im not worried about the Jerome anderson link with battersby. the sports business is not huge and its not unusual that people know eachother.

Possibly because it wouldn't be Wayne Wild running the club?

I can see Wayne's point, he's tried more than once to discuss BRSIT with Ian Battersby with a view to them working side by side. As I understand it they've had no reply. I can't see why they wouldn't want the fans to own part of the club in the same way Swansea is ran. You would have thought that Khan/Battersby would want to include this in their bid. Especially Khan with him being community minded. So my two questions are, what are their connections with Anderson, and why have they not discussed their bid with BRSIT.

It's easy for us to be excited about a potential new owner after all the crap we've been served up for the last 18 months but I suppose if you are trying to get some kind of fan ownership initiative together, and the potential new owners are supposed to be fans/community minded and they aren't even interested in having a chat about it over a cup of coffee, you're going to be a little bit suspicious.

If it was the Qatari's who had billions at their disposal I could understand them ignoring BRSIT, but Khan/Battersby will not be flush with money relatively speaking, so you would think they would want to join forces with such a gallant effort to save the club. That's just me.

Was it not mentioned on a podcast why Battersby came into contact with anderson. If I remember correctly anderson was the only way to get a meeting arranged. So nothing wrong with that. I do not lke the bonues bankers get. But I still have to go into their banks to do my banking. Often in many walks of life you have to deal with folk you are opposed to, in order to get what you want. Battersby wanted a meeting, well he had to do what he had to do to get one. He did not need to tell anybody about it, because it is irrelevant.

Maybe Ian Battersby has the same reservations others have about brsit - but does not feel the ned to discuss it with them. Again nothing wrong with that.

But sadly Wayne Wilds comments did harm to brsit. If Kahn etc are eventually successful - they could even offer brsit a share / say in the club. But comments like what were put on twitter by Wayne Wild, is likely to put people off dealing with brsit.

I appreciate that he's a fan. We are all fans and I guess all enthusiastic. That doesn't mean we could take control of a club. The two Ians are fans, what's wrong with them?

So that was the idea, that we are all fans and we could all own part of the club. It's happened at other clubs so that means it can happen. BRSIT was open to working with other groups with a view to part ownership but the two Ians don't seem to want to which is strange indeed.

As I said if it was the Qatari's it would make sense but the two Ian's wouldn't be bringing billions to the table so you would think they'd be happy to embrace a part ownership by the fans wouldn't you? They's still have the main say in the club. It could have worked the same way as Swansea.

• Backroom

I'm happy that their are potential bidders out there like Seneca but I'm not happy with them ignoring BRSIT. For me they should be exploring all avenues of trying to take over the club and I think a part fan ownership would have been a great way to go. The pledges for BRSIT would have gone up, and it would have meant more money going into the club all round. And the fans would have had a small say in the running of it.

Surely it makes sense for them to explore options themselves and then look into fan part ownership.

For many the numbers quoted by BRSIT dont add up and as of yet BRSIT is nothing but an idea so why should anyone contact them at this stage?

I do not think that at this moment in time they have either ignored or accepted brsit. So we have to wait and see, what or if, anything develops on that.

I get what your saying actually, I particually like Wayne and he's been very influential about wanting to take over all year. I've got to be honest I haven't looked into Battersby that much. If either successfully take over i'd be happy.

I think one of these parties though could do with talking to John Williams, and see whether he could come back as chief executive? Do you think he would be interested?

Surely it makes sense for them to explore options themselves and then look into fan part ownership.

For many the numbers quoted by BRSIT dont add up and as of yet BRSIT is nothing but an idea so why should anyone contact them at this stage?

I totally agree it is an idea. But the figures do not add up. But the comments made this morning on twitter added to the ones awhile ago, by wayne wild, are totally detrimentle to anybody considering supporting the idea.

LT poll seems to have disappeared.

Wonder if it's because of 'legal reasons' ?

A very heavy handed approach from vested interests - that's my bet, as we've seen before. If so, so much for democracy and freedom of speech !

If people can confirm it's been pulled, I'll throw one up here instead

Maybe Ian Battersby has the same reservations others have about brsit - but does not feel the ned to discuss it with them. Again nothing wrong with that.

Well for me there is something wrong with that as discussing something costs nothing and not doing so raises other questions.

How could Ian Battersby have the same reservations that others have had? It's a totally different situation. The main reservation is that it isn't viable for enough fans to pledge enough money to buy the club. Ian Battersby would have no such issue as all he'd be entertaining is the potential for the fans to own a percentage of the club, be that 5%, 10%, 20% or whatever.

I have to question why this isn't of interest to Battersby and co. It could only help, not hinder any potential bid. So I can't blame anyone for being curious as to why that is.

I do not think that at this moment in time they have either ignored or accepted brsit. So we have to wait and see, what or if, anything develops on that.

There's been an attempt to open dialogue and they knocked back an invite to the meeting.

https://twitter.com/#!/mrwawild/status/201263246680915968

Don't be too quick to jump into the bed of Mr Khan...

He isn't as pink and fluffy as as he appears on the outside, I know personally from contacts very close to the old regime of Accrington Stanley that he isn't too be trusted, especially from a cash point of view.

I really can't go into it much further, but I do believe one day the truth will come about his involvement with Accrington Stanley in a book and the reading will prove very insightful.

I am not saying he is as big a shower of sh1t as the current owners we have bestowed upon us, but there has to be an element of caution were he is concerned.

(I cannot report much else on the consortium)

• Backroom

Booth - there is a difference between BRSIT and fan part ownership.

BRSIT have a certain proposal for ownership or part ownership but it doesn't mean anyone wanting to consider part ownership has to do it through BRSIT.

There's nothing to say these guys couldn't buy the club then offer say 10% to the fans.

Well for me there is something wrong with that as discussing something costs nothing and not doing so raises other questions.

How could Ian Battersby have the same reservations that others have had? It's a totally different situation. The main reservation is that it isn't viable for enough fans to pledge enough money to buy the club. Ian Battersby would have no such issue as all he'd be entertaining is the potential for the fans to own a percentage of the club, be that 5%, 10%, 20% or whatever.

I have to question why this isn't of interest to Battersby and co. It could only help, not hinder any potential bid. So I can't blame anyone for being curious as to why that is.

I think it has been said previously but Mr Wild has always said that BRSIT would be a last resort option but because the chaps from Seneca haven't spoken to BRSIT he has chosen to question their motives on twitter.

I know Kamy has already said they are not billionaires but I have a lot of respect for Illyas Khan and I have heard Ian Battersby talk about Rovers a number of times so to question their motives and to champion BRSIT over this potential bid doesn't sit right with me.

Frankly, linking the Battersby/Currie/Khan bid to Jerome Anderson is laughable and potentially libellous.

As I understood it, JA managed to arrange an audience with the Venkys so IB could raise his concerns.

That is the beginning and end of their connection.

Why is WW so desperate to cast aspirations and blacken what could be a very credible fan based bid ?

There's been an attempt to open dialogue and they knocked back an invite to the meeting.

https://twitter.com/#!/mrwawild/status/201263246680915968

To me it he just comes across and annoyed/jealous becayse he wants to be involed, There is nothing concrete at the moment as far as we know and he is jumping all over it!

Think he just needs to take a step back and stop rageing on the twitter.

I know it may be a bit controversial but ,in reality potential buyers don`t need more than 51% of shares to control the club,I still say that the most likely successful takeover bid would be to keep Venkys in the club but in a minority capacity.That is the one option that ticks all the boxes and reduces the buy out total considerably.Kean would be gone,a new capable management structure would be in place and Venkys would still have their baby but the qualified nanny would be looking after it.It also would allow Venkys to save face and give them a legitimate "out" of all the bad PR and negative publicity in India.An amalgamation of Seneca and Wilds lot would make it far easier to raise the necessary capital and we would be back to the old days with genuine football fans running the club.

Why do fans need to be involved Booth? I didn't need to be involved before and I don't in future. As long as we have people looking after the clubs interests properly then I'm more than happy to leave them to it.

Archived