BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Buyer To go Public ?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting stuff. Now we have to continue the great efforts of Kamy, Bobby, Glen etc and crank up the pressure with Indian articles, protests etc to force Venkys into selling.

Not forgetting Bangkokrovers attempts in meeting with the QIA folk

• Backroom

Now I don't know too much about him but importantly it sounds like he always tried to do the right thing by Stanley

Not forgetting Bangkokrovers attempts in meeting with the QIA folk

Absolutely not. We prove that we are honest and Nice footballsupprters who only want a well run family to be proud of again.

Now I don't know too much about him but importantly it sounds like he always tried to do the right thing by Stanley

Words from Khan in an article about his ownership in Accrington compared to Venkys.

Khan said: “That is new money and it’s foreign. We are not foreign. My board is from Accrington — there is no comparison.

“If you lose touch with your fanbase you are lost. The crowd who come through the gates are the ones who matter.”

Venkys have done nothing but unpick the club, the thought of them selling up to someone who has the club's best interests at heart totally goes against their previous actions. They've shown that they are hard faced liars who seem to be only in it for the money - so I'd imagine the only time they'll sell is when some dodgy geezer offers Bilaji a platinum plated Hummer, packed full of hoochie mommas and Mrs D a years supply of Immac.

From today's LT. Seneca Partners, operated by Ian's Battersby and Currie, ilyas Khan has also approached these guys with a view to working with them. They are "formulating a proposal" - quite right I'd suggest. This is merely a shot across the bows, at least now these clowns know they have someone to turn to should they wish to cut and run.

It's a small world, up until a couple if months ago I worked at a company next door to Seneca, in Haydock. Who'd of thunk it?

Yes Khan was very good for Stanley. He stepped down as Chairman recently.

Sadly, I think there is a long way to go before Venky's depart.

People continue to conjecture that Venkys are either not the real owners or that they are part-owners only.

If Muppet-head and Anderson either own the club or have a stake in it, that would be significant would it not? By that theory, Venkys won't sell because they can't sell.

Any legs in that theory?

I have met Ilyas Khan a few times in the past - all I can say is the guy is the guy was way waaay in front of the que to Venkys when they were handing out brains

Would be outstanding if he could get the club out of Venkys hands. Schteeve Kean wouldnt last a second.

Not being in the know but does he not still have shares in Accy? If he has he'll have to sell those before he can buy Rovers won't he?

People continue to conjecture that Venkys are either not the real owners or that they are part-owners only.

If Muppet-head and Anderson either own the club or have a stake in it, that would be significant would it not? By that theory, Venkys won't sell because they can't sell.

Any legs in that theory?

[/quote

The longer Kean remains in charge, the stronger that theory becomes

I dont think Venkys will actively look for "buyers". I think they know there will be interested parties but without the sort of financial clout they require. If they say they are looking to sell, the price comes out. Its the same with a player being transfer listed. Publicly Venkys will never admit club is for sale even if it was.

http://www.senecapartners.co.uk

I hope Ian Battersby, Ian Currie and Wayne Wild get on board with this, we need every possible resource behind it. Competing bids will be counter productive, the important thing is to get the club out of the hands of Venkys, egos need to come a distant second.

Fingers crossed.

I hope Ian Battersby, Ian Currie and Wayne Wild get on board with this, we need every possible resource behind it. Competing bids will be counter productive, the important thing is to get the club out of the hands of Venkys, egos need to come a distant second.

Fingers crossed.

I think you've misunderstood. Khan has approached Battersby & Currie with their Seneca Partners to join as a consortium. I dont think this has anything to do with fan's bid by Wayne Wild.

Not the mega bucks type of folk that perhaps we were all hoping for.

However, would bring much needed sanity back to the asylum.

Like Philipl above, I doubt that this would happen quickly as clearly Venky's will not weant to lose money on this and the way Battersby was 'posturing' on Radio Lancashire on Tuesday, the 'group' recognise that significant value has now gone - think Battersby was talking about residual value of just a third.

What might expedite matters, is if those ITK's can provide the 'group' with any information (dirt re Rovers' activities) that would strengthen their hand in blackmailing persuading Venky's to sell at a reasonable cost. It's up to you now boys !

as an Accy lad i can give you some background , he was a local lad made his money in the far east stock markets , dont know his exact personal wealth but he's no Jack Walker, he Rescued Stanley by Paying off their debt (appox 300k) before they faced a winding up order, he took control from Eric Whalley , stabilized the club , funded a new stand and named it after his mother , the club now as you might be aware is selling shares at £1k a time to become owned by supporters

not to be a kill joy but does anyone seriously think this is going to happen?Venkys will want a ridiculous fee for the club and that is if sir kean allows mrs desai to accept. The only way they will sell is if the offer is ridiculous which it wont be. Whatever reason venkys are in this for its not football because they have made every wrong decision you could make at a football club, so they must be making money some how. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no way this will happen.

whats it like to be an optimist :P

Good point T4E. Dan would need to see if it is workable but, from reading the October article that Den posted, I'm sure Kahn would welcome a fan-based contribution to a consortium.

It's vitally important that this doesn't become a power struggle between potential bidders. A collective strength is required to give us any chance against the Empire.

Just imagine having owners who care about the town, club and fans...

Archived