BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Buyer To go Public ?

There must be more to it and maybe he has a point and reasoning to it but to come out like this makes him and the trust look unprofessional and his role in it a bit iffy to me

I agree. I wouldn't mind if he actually owned WEC and had a few quid behind him but he doesn't. Bad mouthing a potential new owner who is a Rovers fan doesn't sit right

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of a week which has been arguably the worst ever for a Rovers fan we have some optimism in the form of a potential new bid from what seems a credible source. And then we get somebody having a pop at the new bidders and posturing. A week in the life of a Rovers fan - madness.

Pointless Venkys out poll is pointless. @#/?, Neanderthal in breds will just hijack the poll as we all know.

It's already up to 8% support we would have been better off avoiding it altogether.

As I see it. Mr Wild wanted to work together with the two Ian's. They did not want to take part in these unrealistic pledges (Come on, how on earth are they going to get enought pledges to buy the club?), and wanted to find something on their own. They have now done that, and Wild are not happy about it because it is ruining his BRSIT plans, and he thinks that the two Ian's does not want what is best for the club because they did not team up with him last year.

To be fair to Wayne he has met with Battersby, and will have reasons for his tweets.

Battersby did fail to mention his link to JA, to Wayne and it was only when he was probed that the truth including a call from JA to Wayne came out, Battersby not been seen since.

However Im very open minded on any takeover providing its transparent and is in the best interest of the clubs long term future.

Someone has to try to wrestle this club back and give it back to the town, so be that Wild, Battersby, Khan, or any other suitors, as long as their intentions are good, then supporters have reasons to be optimistic

surely that's become harder with the banking being removed from Barclays though. Perhaps that was their original idea but venkys hve preempted it with the removal of their banking to India

BRFC is controlled by Venkeys London isn't it? Anyway it doesn't matter a damn where they are if they are not paying bills over here.

The bottom line here is ANYTHING is better that what we've currently got, people should bloody well grow up, its about Blackburn Rovers not someones ego :angry2: heres a thought, how about all the investors getting together and making a bid :o

Lets hope the telegraph article has some legs, we need these idiots out of the club and quick.

After listening to the Radio Lancs phone-in earlier in the week I thought Battersby was quick to dismiss any 'conspiracy theories' relating to JA's involvement in the club. He also said Kean had a reputation as a good coach before becoming manager. However he got stuck into Venky's big time. Didn't realise he went to India with JA. I wonder who is pulling his levers?

Surely, can't be :

Wayne Wild‏@mrwawild

COULD be frying pan to fire.

How can anything be worse than what we presently have ?

I think although it's just me putting 2+2 together that Wild believes that as the new guys are investment bankers that they and their investors will be looking for a maximum return on everything they do. Also that they might not be long term but rather rescuing and stabilising the ship simply to move it on as soon as a decent profit can be realised.

Who knows? More importantly who cares anymore? Lets be honest there was only one Jack Walker.... he didn't need anybody else and he never tweeted anybody! That was the best bit about the Walker's everything was done behind closed doors.

As far as I'm concerned. This is our best and only option as the cards stand. I appreciate Mr Wild's efforts with the BRSIT thus far but I think that plan is unachievable. The best option is for him to get involved with the Khan proposal to try and guide/inform.

Rewind 18 months. Some people thought the Venky's would be good for Rovers.

Before assuming Battersby or anyone else would be any better then what we have (which is very, very little) we would want to see what their proposal is, who is involved.

Look at what the guy does for a living.

Would we also, given our current experience, not like some supporter influence at the club and on the board?

BRSIT is what it says, an attempt to take over Rovers, in whole or in part, by the fans and for the fans.

You can't get much more straightforward than that.

And there'd be no necessity or attempt to take profit out of the club.

Great fun reading this thread.

Nobody has guessed correctly.

Really? I though I mentioned early on that it would have something to do with currie/Battersby?

I think although it's just me putting 2+2 together that Wild believes that as the new guys are investment bankers that they and their investors will be looking for a maximum return on everything they do. Also that they might not be long term but rather rescuing and stabilising the ship simply to move it on as soon as a decent profit can be realised.

Who knows? More importantly who cares anymore? Lets be honest there was only one Jack Walker.... he didn't need anybody else and he never tweeted anybody! That was the best bit about the Walker's everything was done behind closed doors.

The word 'leverage' is screaming in my mind...

After listening to the Radio Lancs phone-in earlier in the week I thought Battersby was quick to dismiss any 'conspiracy theories' relating to JA's involvement in the club. He also said Kean had a reputation as a good coach before becoming manager. However he got stuck into Venky's big time. Didn't realise he went to India with JA. I wonder who is pulling his levers?

Is Battersby trying to drive a wedge between JA/Kean and Venkys then?

Rewind 18 months. Some people thought the Venky's would be good for Rovers.

Before assuming Battersby or anyone else would be any better then what we have (which is very, very little) we would want to see what their proposal is, who is involved.

Look at what the guy does for a living.

Would we also, given our current experience, not like some supporter influence at the club and on the board?

BRSIT is what it says, an attempt to take over Rovers, in whole or in part, by the fans and for the fans.

You can't get much more straightforward than that.

And there'd be no necessity or attempt to take profit out of the club.

That would be construed as a weakness in my book. Every business has to turn a profit or there is no motivation.

Disappointed by Wayne Wild's response.

The two Ians have explained their position in the LT article this morning.

My feeling is very positive that somebody with experience of running a football club and a track record of being very good for that club has come forwards publicly. It kills once and for all the notion that "nobody is interested in buying Rovers".

This news breaking today does in so many ways put the Venky's on the spot.

could it be Billionaire Canadian Lawrence Tanenbaum who is interested in buying Notts Forest?

THis fella bought my old company. Loaned us money then took us on for a song, came in and slashed slashed slashed.

Maybe a different Tennanbaum, sorry fella.

I'm sure Ian B discussed the JA link on our podcast, but I could have dreamed it (or it could have been off-air). I seem to remember him essentially saying that yes, JA had got him an audience with Mrs D, just there was no real connection, just some business networking.

Archived