BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Buyer To go Public ?

Just to bring this back into light.....could Theo be involved in the takeover?? Is he still involved with Millwall?

Don't think so, pretty sure he owns a non-league club somewhere. I'm sure he once said he's never get involved at a significant level as it's akin to burning money.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think Wayne just wants the best for the club. As someone who has spoken with JA at length himself he has every right to voice concerns if he is involved with this in any way

Be that as it may the way he has done it is frankly embarassing for someone wanting to front a fans takeover.

Near enough as soon as the news broke he was gossiping on twitter, it's just totally unprofessional

LT poll seems to have disappeared.

Wonder if it's because of 'legal reasons' ?

A very heavy handed approach from vested interests - that's my bet, as we've seen before. If so, so much for democracy and freedom of speech !

Some assumptions here. If BRSIT was successful, Wayne Wild wouldn't be in charge. He clearly stated at first meeting that a proper experienced organisation would run the club. He said he has no experience in running a football club so it's only right that someone with experience should call the shots.

Then i apologise for that Booth. I tried to write that post almost apologethically becaue you have to admire what the man is attempting. I was under the impression that the ultimate control would be voted for by share holders. I'm pretty certain WW would be confident of securring a prominent position even by referdendum. However, give him credit, it is the fairest means of electing a board i suppose.

Anyway, its probably all conjecture because, for some reason known only to them, Venky's don't seem to want to sell.

Linking Battersby to Anderson re Rovers... that is ridiculous, even more so if it lies behind the poor response to Ilyas Kahn showing his hand.

Not sure how you arrive at that conclusion. Thought he'd got a favourable response.

LT poll seems to have disappeared.

Wonder if it's because of 'legal reasons' ?

A very heavy handed approach from vested interests - that's my bet, as we've seen before. If so, so much for democracy and freedom of speech !

I think they took it off cause of trolling from Dingleland.

I must admit to feeling hugely disappointed with Mr. Wild's response to the news in today's LT. Whenever Rovers haven't got a game I tend to go and watch Stanley and have been very impressed with Khan. I haven't pledged to the Wild venture and have been far from convinced that it was a practical solution. However, I was prepared to keep an open mind and had intended going to the open meeting later this month. After his remarks today I must admit that I feel less inclined to do so. I would have thought if he was so concerned about the club that he would have welcomed any possible investment but to suggest that going from Venky's to Khan/Battersby could be a case of "frying pan to fire" comes across as little more than sour grapes. Surely this type of remark is hardly going to win over people who haven't pledged to his own venture.

Still think I am correct in the usage of the word and I believe that I am half decent at English.

I can assure you that you are not correct. The definitions are exactly as gumboots has posted.

Anyway... Interesting development, hopefully something will come of it. The trouble is we are relying on venky's to do the sensible thing and cut their losses, when they haven't done a single sensible thing since taking over.

Also disappointed with the tweets by Wayne Wild. If he has genuine concerns then he should air them, but cat calls and insinuations from the side do no one any good.

Then i apologise for that Booth. I tried to write that post almost apologethically becaue you have to admire what the man is attempting. I was under the impression that the ultimate control would be voted for by share holders. I'm pretty certain WW would be confident of securring a prominent position even by referdendum. However, give him credit, it is the fairest means of electing a board i suppose.

Anyway, its probably all conjecture because, for some reason known only to them, Venky's don't seem to want to sell.

It's information like this that's yet to become common knowledge so it's natural to assume things. I think people should make their own minds up after attending the open BRSIT meeting at KGH on the 26th. For those that don't like the way Wayne Wild has conducted himself today, you can bring that up. For me it's a passionate response from someone who bleeds blue and white. To be fair to Battersby and co though, it's the first information they've put publicly and they may explain in greater detail their intentions and connections.

Linking Battersby to Anderson re Rovers... that is ridiculous, even more so if it lies behind the poor response to Ilyas Kahn showing his hand.

He did a decent job at Accrington Stanley, but Blackburn Rovers isn't Accrington Stanley. It will require more resources and more expertise to get Rovers out of the mess that it's in.

People need to keep an open mind and at the same time don't get their hopes up.

Still think I am correct in the usage of the word and I believe that I am half decent at English.

Would rather discuss Rovers, as I am sure that all the other members would, but if you wish to be pedantic, it might be worthwhile you looking at this site:

http://sentence.yourdictionary.com/incredulous

You do seem a rather 'naughty' teacher !!!

Read this bit - some of the sample sentences misuse the word but this http://www.yourdictionary.com/incredulous tells you - taken from the site you quoted - that I am right about the meaning of the word - you are incredulous about what is incredible. Not usually in teacher mode on a Saturday morning - only asked because I wasn't quite clear what you meant rather than any great desire to get your English put straight - I teach French and German anyway - not English

I think Phillipl may mean from Wayne Wild as an individual.

I am so disappointed with WW this morning.

Yes- Wayne is rowing back now but his first tweet was terribly misjudged. Also I think Wayne has swallowed some real rubbish about the two Ians' visit to India.

His is the only voice as far as I can see that has questioned Ilyas Khan's initiative.

• Backroom

On 29th April WW tweeted:

@roversmadfan1 I'd strongly advise any potential suitor to have the support of BRSIT.co.uk otherwise it's frying pan to fire

So is it this bid he opposes or does he just want to be involved?

I have my doubts now

His is the only voice as far as I can see that has questioned Ilyas Khan's initiative.

Which in itself is strange. With the link that Den posted earlier to The Sun article where Kahn talks about the importance of the fans etc... You'd have thought he'd have been approached by BRIST to help swell their coffers. His ethos seems to fit perfectly with their own.

Its hard to look at this as anything else except sour grapes.

No to Khan from me! Big difference in accy than Rovers.

Would love to see a proper local and rovers fan in Wayne Wild whos very very passionate about the blues.

HOWEVER i wouldnt oppose someone of KHANS clear football brain on the board.

No to Khan from me! Big difference in accy than Rovers.

Would love to see a proper local and rovers fan in Wayne Wild whos very very passionate about the blues.

HOWEVER i wouldnt oppose someone of KHANS clear football brain on the board.

Why? What has Wayne Wild ever done to suggest he could run a football club? I'm struggling to see why people are pushing for Wayne Wild to be involved.

I agree with those who say Venky's will not sell unless they can show a profit and unless these various consortiums are prepared to stump up the best part of £30 million nothing is going to happen. The torture for supporters is that stories like the LET's raise the hope of this nightmare ending when in reality it could be years before Venky's depart having stripped the club to a bare carcass.

Why? What has Wayne Wild ever done to suggest he could run a football club? I'm struggling to see why people are pushing for Wayne Wild to be involved.

All he has done today by his comments on twitter, is discredit brsit. He did the same a few weeks back as well, by saying that any potential bidder must have the support of brsit.

Archived