BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Buyer To go Public ?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they (the Poons of Lune) have a brain cell between them, they will look at the Sunday press in their homeland today/tomorrow and decide to exit honourably.

That brain cell should say "Wait a minute, there are several thousand highly intelligent literate people whom we have made passionate enraged enemies of and the world is one big inter=connected global village. The Rovers fans probably haven't even got going yet but there is now a whole load of them over there who have email addresses and telephone numbers of media people here in India. This could and probably will go viral (meaning there is nothing we can do to stop it) and there is a bunch of people in Blackburn now hell-bent on destroying all our businesses. And that is without reckoning with the fact their MP is the former Foreign and Home Secretary who has access to all the people who can dig on the one hand and can have his telephone call taken by absolutely anybody he wishes to talk to in India on the other. The game is up, where is the door marked hasty exit as gracious as we can?"

Logical thinking Philip. Here's hoping somehow they finally start thinking in that manner.

Someone told me though that its part of Indian culture not to admit mistakes, and stubbornly continue. :angry:

• Backroom

Logical thinking Philip. Here's hoping somehow they finally start thinking in that manner.

Someone told me though that its part of Indian culture not to admit mistakes, and stubbornly continue. :angry:

Then we will need to stubbornly continue doing everything possible to make them regret the day they bought our club and started destroying it.

Well it was only registered in March this year so not much history to look at there. Think it might be based on an American model though?

Well that's not quite right. I mentioned earlier today that I used to work at a company that over looked 12 The Parks, Haydock (I googled them earlier). Not that I paid much attention (foolishly) but I thought the name was slightly different. Maybe a name change? Either way it was an Asset Management organisation and had been there for years.

I do recall a day when Kenny turned up and was spotted talking to one of the guys who worked there on the car park after a meeting. Much to the delight of the Liverpool fans I used to work with. That was maybe three years ago now? but it did happen. "Our King Kenny!" - there was no point trying to explain to the guys I worked with so i just kept quiet. Legend that he was.

Anyway, I know nothing about Seneca, other than one of the lads told me once that a guy who worked there was a Rovers fan and commented on my car which had a Rovers mini kit in window.

Back to the point though koi. Course it will be. I'm sure Theno will explain better than I so I'll leave that to him. But they'll take a slice. However if the two Ian's are Rovers fans and if Ian B is as good a bloke as I'm told he is (on two separate occasions, admittedly by the same top bloke) then I'd take them in a heart beat.

Who knows? I'm on no beggars side in any of this other than for the betterment of BRFC.

I dont undertsand why people think Khan and the two Ians etc need to work with then BRSIT seriously what do they have to offer of importance all they have shown is petulance and a pipe dream.

If they havent got a decent position to attempt to take the club from Venkys.

I dont understand why they feel the need to jump on someone else who is actually tring to bring together a decent proposal to get us out of this nightmare, I hope they dont try and turn people against this proposed takeover for their own selfish ego's.

If the bid was successful do they have the money to make us an established premiership side again?

A viable entity would do for me.

Am I paranoid to think that Kean - given his inordinate influence over the idiots in India - will be pissing on any takeover attempts since he'd be pushed off the gravy train before the ink dried?

My first question to these blokes is where were you in the 8 years the walkers were trying to flog the club?

Fair question. But to my mind it is quite feasible for these folks to just have realised how dire the situation is and got involved.

And the job descritpiton has changed. The Walkers were looking for 'Billionaires' who could take the club forward. Now we are just looking for people with decent football sense and sound finances.

Fair question. But to my mind it is quite feasible for these folks to just have realised how dire the situation is and got involved.

And the job descritpiton has changed. The Walkers were looking for 'Billionaires' who could take the club forward. Now we are just looking for people with decent football sense and sound finances.

Thats how I pretty much see as the way Walkers sold the club.."They are willing to pay what we want, they look like they have a lot more money than we have been trying to run the club with...what could possibly go wrong?"

2 months on - They seem to have dissolved the board. Im sure they will be lining up their own replacements

6 months on - They have not sorted out the board, and you know that guy they released from a mental health asylum that we gave a job to tidy up the training equipment, He seems to now be in charge of EVERYTHING!!!

I am so disappointed with WW this morning.

This is not the first time he has reacted badly to what could be perceived as a rival.

Personally I think we are all in danger of jumping on the first white horse that appears - the Raos were initially viewed as benefactors and look where that got us. Time to be very careful with who the fans chose to support.

This is not the first time he has reacted badly to what could be perceived as a rival.

Personally I think we are all in danger of jumping on the first white horse that appears - the Raos were initially viewed as benefactors and look where that got us. Time to be very careful with who the fans chose to support.

To proceed with caution after everything that has happened is fair but people should give Wayne Wild a little more latitude than jumping on his frustrated tweets (read: posts). Much like every other Rovers fan - and Wayne is a massive Rovers fan - I'm sure he is down, frustrated and thoroughly ###### off with the current situation.

He is probably just as concerned about other potential bidders' motives as some people are about his. If the preferred situation is a part ownership from fans (a la Swansea) and if he has looked to try to join or support the Seneca bid and has been rebuffed or even ignored, then he has every right to be concerned.

To proceed with caution after everything that has happened is fair but people should give Wayne Wild a little more latitude than jumping on his frustrated tweets (read: posts). Much like every other Rovers fan - and Wayne is a massive Rovers fan - I'm sure he is down, frustrated and thoroughly ###### off with the current situation.

He is probably just as concerned about other potential bidders' motives as some people are about his. If the preferred situation is a part ownership from fans (a la Swansea) and if he has looked to try to join or support the Seneca bid and has been rebuffed or even ignored, then he has every right to be concerned.

Sorry Stuart but I disagree. For someone supposedly heading up BRSIT his comments on Twitter were childish and smacked of jealousy. Like most people, maybe WW has realised that the BRSIT plan is unworkable and let his frustrations show in his comments, and his credibility took a big dent in doing so.

Well that's not quite right. I mentioned earlier today that I used to work at a company that over looked 12 The Parks, Haydock (I googled them earlier). Not that I paid much attention (foolishly) but I thought the name was slightly different. Maybe a name change? Either way it was an Asset Management organisation and had been there for years.

I do recall a day when Kenny turned up and was spotted talking to one of the guys who worked there on the car park after a meeting. Much to the delight of the Liverpool fans I used to work with. That was maybe three years ago now? but it did happen. "Our King Kenny!" - there was no point trying to explain to the guys I worked with so i just kept quiet. Legend that he was.

Anyway, I know nothing about Seneca, other than one of the lads told me once that a guy who worked there was a Rovers fan and commented on my car which had a Rovers mini kit in window.

Back to the point though koi. Course it will be. I'm sure Theno will explain better than I so I'll leave that to him. But they'll take a slice. However if the two Ian's are Rovers fans and if Ian B is as good a bloke as I'm told he is (on two separate occasions, admittedly by the same top bloke) then I'd take them in a heart beat.

Who knows? I'm on no beggars side in any of this other than for the betterment of BRFC.

I actually meant just the Seneca business, there's loads registered at the same address many dormant or yet to file returns but when you mine the info some very tasty names are linked with Currie, he obviously deals with big wealth.

My American comment was based on the fact there's an American Seneca that's based in same business, I'm guessing the UK version is based on that. My only worry is how much money will be borrowed against the club, I'm very wary on groups of individuals who need to borrow stacks of money to fund projects, I've known too many and suffered the consequences.

I personally don't think Venkys will sell so I do think it's all pointless but names get put in papers etc..

I think the realistic folk about us, realise that there is probably 0% chance of venkys selling in the near future. I could honestly see us dropping again next year considering kean will still be here, i hope these guys are still about then.

If the bid was successful do they have the money to make us an established premiership side again?

Doubt it but the less they give to the Venkeys the more they will have to spend on the club. The Venkeys are systematically destroying the club. Every day the club becomes worth less than it was worth the day before. Let it continue, let em haemorrage their millions then move in and metaphorically slit their throats would be my tactic. There doesn't seem much 'serious' interest out there so if somebody else sees it as an attractive proposition and moves in then que sera sera.

Good point T4E. Dan would need to see if it is workable but, from reading the October article that Den posted, I'm sure Kahn would welcome a fan-based contribution to a consortium.

It's vitally important that this doesn't become a power struggle between potential bidders. A collective strength is required to give us any chance against the Empire.

Just imagine having owners who care about the town, club and fans...

Well said, Stuart.

It's vital the most viable bid is backed. I just pray the groups can put Rovers first! (I'm excluding the disgraceful egotist, Wayne Wild. His conduct yesterday was really embarrassing! )

All potential bidders for the club have to be approached with caution. Especially in light of the past 18 months. But not with jealosy as this is how WW has come over recently.

All potential bidders for the club have to be approached with caution. Especially in light of the past 18 months. But not with jealosy as this is how WW has come over recently.

imo its not jealousy, but concern.

the fact that these ian´s went to india, got to meet with the the v´s and did so with the help of jerome anderson, is something that concerns me aswell.

Just the sheer fact, that the name jerome anderson was involved, is imo enough to create severe doubt about these guys, eventhough they are fans

Archived