BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Letters to hand to the Premier League

We cannot stress how important it is for people to write letters for us to present to the Sports Minister, Premier League, FA, Football league offering full support to an investigation into the debacle which has become Blackburn Rovers. Anyone who has any factual information which they wish to be presented please get it to us. We are building a case, have got loads of highly regarded figure heads behind us, we now need the supporters to write in their thousands to secretary@brfcactiongroup.co.uk.

Why do you need thousands of letters for an investigation to occur? There is either evidence or there isn't. If there isn't then surely in the eyes if the governing bodies it is just incompetence on Venky's part?

Why are you sending them the premier league, we aren't a premier league club now?

Also, what is the desired outcome from these letters and what can be achieved by doing it? Forgive my ignorance but i just want to know how it will help as venkys own the club and can run things as they wish so can employ kean - not that it's a good idea. No one can get rid of them can they?

Letter sent. No punches pulled. Time these "custodians of the beautiful game" actually did something and investigated what the hell is going on. If they need justification they can just say "sorry but the way your running the club stinks". Pull rank. Get a grip. Open the books. Get under their skin.

Good luck.

Just dropped you this letter. Have had a couple glasses of red this eve, but hopefully it's not too obvious.

Dear Sirs,

I fully support the investigation of the various goings on at Blackburn Rovers Football Club since the takeover by Indian company Venky's in late 2010.

Even though I am Norwegian, residing many miles from Lancashire and Ewood Park, the club's sad predicament has had a massive effect on me and many other Norwegian fans of the once proud town club.

The decision making at our club the last 18 months has been baffling, to say the least. Venky's have let some of the most respected men in football leave the club, including John Williams, Tom Finn and Sam Allardyce. I am fully aware that corporate takeovers and acquisitions often see key members of staff leave their positions, but the norm is that key staff are replaced by other competent individuals. This has obviously not been the case at Ewood. For instance, Sam Allardyce was replaced by the unknown coach Steve Kean - a man with no managerial experience whatsoever. Results have shown that this was a disastrous move.

What is even more baffling is how a man like Kean, who only has succeeded in one thing, namely alienating and belittling his own club's fans through various provocative comments in the media, was awarded with a new contract when Blackburn Rovers experienced their worst ever run of form in the fall of 2011. Keep in mind that Sam Allardyce was sacked when Rovers were safely midtable, whereas Kean clinched his new deal when Rovers looked destined for the drop.

I shall not speculate too much on why this is. However, it is extremely worrying that the football agent Jerome Anderson seemingly often can be linked to the decisions being taken/having been taken at Ewood (or in Pune). Steve Kean is an Anderson client, former assistant manager John Jensen as well, and Venky's themselves have admitted to leaning on the advice of Mr. Anderson after their takeover. Most worrying of all is the signing of Anderson's own son, Myles Anderson, who was not even found good enough to be a starter for Leyton Orient and Aberdeen. To this date, Myles Anderson has not played a single minute in a Blackburn Rovers league match.

Other worrying happenings that should be mentioned are as follows:

- The strict limitations imposed on the press in interviews of Mr. Kean, courtesy of PR consultant Paul Agnew (who reportedly is set to become Communications Director at the club)

- The sacking of Paul Hunt after the infamous leaked letter

- The exorbitant agent fees paid by the club for the transfer of Ruben Rochina and others

- The video in which Kean labelled Sam Allardyce as a criminal

- The banning of banners at Ewood Park

- Mrs. A. Desai of Venky's labelling Mr. Kean as "unsackable"

- The fans' wishes ALWAYS being disregarded

- Also see the following link: http://footballspeak.com/post/2012/05/11/Where-the-FA-as-Rovers.aspx

There have been so many strange decisions made at our club since the takeover that I, for one, find it hard to believe that the decision makers simply have been unlucky or naive. I implore you to investigate what has happened and is happening at Blackburn Rovers Football Club. A whole community is in despair at the club's predicament. Please do not let this once proud club be treated in such a disrespectful manner - if there is anything that can be done, please do it.

Best regards,

Please help us out, Mr. Premier League, sirs. It's not like you didn't give a **** before and have since announced that Venky's are squeaky clean despite the systematic raping and pillaging of one of the Football League's founding clubs.

xoxo

• Backroom

It surprised me a little that the FA came out so quickly to say Venky's had done everything within the rules.

Surely that says more about how absolutely useless the FA's rules are at protecting their clubs, as opposed to how clean Venky's are?

• Backroom

I didn't realise there was a difference, always thought it was just the FA Premier League.

Edit: seems you are correct, as per wiki "The Football Association is not directly involved in the day-to-day operations of the Premier League, but has veto power as a special shareholder during the election of the chairman and chief executive and when new rules are adopted by the league.[22]"

Ah well, the FA are just as bad so they'll do.

I didn't realise there was a difference, always thought it was just the FA Premier League.

Edit: seems you are correct, as per wiki "The Football Association is not directly involved in the day-to-day operations of the Premier League, but has veto power as a special shareholder during the election of the chairman and chief executive and when new rules are adopted by the league.[22]"

Ah well, the FA are just as bad so they'll do.

:D was just about to post the same text from wiki.

Doesn't mean I'm right about who they spoke to but I do seem to recall it was Scudamore (PL) who was making the quick comments about Venkys being for owners. Defending the process more than anything, presumably.

Hate Scudamore, more interested in selling anything commercially to anyone who will listen particularly arabs.. Basically he treats the clubs in the Prem like 10 quid hoares, just so the FA and Prem board all get there groossly inflated wages and pay for the national teams shytness.

Trys to come across a good guy, but the only nice things to hear from him are his unwise backhanded compliments.

How many of these letters have you got now?

Couple of hundred but not enough, which isn't enough! (seen your post saying you sent yours - nice one)

Blackburn Rovers has thousands of supporters. Tonight can we have 15mins of support for the clubs future, from everyone. We ask you to please, write a letter with your personal worries and concerns regarding the current regime, or if possible, any evidence of wrong doing by venkys. These are to be presented to the premier league chief executive Richard Scudamore in person tomorrow, we need as many as possible as we get just one shot at this everyone. Lets make it count. We can all spare time to do this. Letters can be sent to secretary@brfcactiongroup.co.uk.

Couple of hundred but not enough, which isn't enough! (seen your post saying you sent yours - nice one)

Blackburn Rovers has thousands of supporters. Tonight can we have 15mins of support for the clubs future, from everyone. We ask you to please, write a letter with your personal worries and concerns regarding the current regime, or if possible, any evidence of wrong doing by venkys. These are to be presented to the premier league chief executive Richard Scudamore in person tomorrow, we need as many as possible as we get just one shot at this everyone. Lets make it count. We can all spare time to do this. Letters can be sent to secretary@brfcactiongroup.co.uk.

Is an email OK or do you need an attached letter?

Archived