BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] euro12 thread

I know another guy that's got the same affliction as you, it's called Keanitis. You end up losing all touch with reality. I'd see a doctor right away if I were you ! Or an optician.

:lol: I wasn't born in '66, so we've got different benchmarks.

Nice that you somehow managed to shoehorn that bald Scottish numpty into the only thread he hasn't yet darkened. I think you're the first - well done! :tu:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: I wasn't born in '66, so we've got different benchmarks.

Nice that you somehow managed to shoehorn that bald Scottish numpty into the only thread he hasn't yet darkened. I think you're the first - well done! :tu:

Stuart, if after watching that you seriously think we've got a chance of winning the completion you're living in the twilight zone that is " Chaddy Rover Land ".

What's with all the supporters humming the riff from Seven Nation Army all the time? Who is doing that?

Every single game, as soon as the cheering dies down a bit, in the background I can hear it...

woah...oh-OH-OH-oh...wooah..oh... Doing my head in. It's this year's vuvuzela.

• Backroom

Stuart, if after watching that you seriously think we've got a chance of winning the completion you're living in the twilight zone that is " Chaddy Rover Land ".

I agree with him, only three games to win it, Italy are unspectacular, Germany efficient but can be stopped if tje cut the supply to Gomez and Spain patient but can end up frustrating themselves if teams set up well against them.

We will win it

My marks tonight-

Joe Hart 6- didn't do much wrong, miraculous save from that swerving,dipping shot.

Glen Johnson 6 Ok without ever looking entirely at ease

John Terry 7 Led the back four by example, great goal line clearance.

Jolyen Lescott 6 Stuck to his task but he's not International class

Ashley Cole 6 Had his hands full having to mark two players at once, still a class act.

Andy Milner 4 Not an international winger, no real end product. Just a spear carrier.

Steveen Gerrard 6 Did his best to get things moving in midfield,.Great cross for the goal.

Scott Parker 5 Got in the way of several shots, did nothing at all going forward

Ashley Young 3 Did nothing at all, may as well have been sat next to me on my sofa. Left Cole to deal with two players all night

Danny Welbeck 3 Did nothing but miss control the ball, a slightly faster, younger Jason Roberts. Coughed up possession every time he got the ball.

Wayne Rooney 4 Looked well off the pace, scored a goal that I could have scored. Badly miscued another relatively simple header

Subs Walcott, ? Came on for 15 minutes to stretch their back four and we never even passed to him once that I saw

Carroll ? At least he looked interested when he eventually came on. Should have started the game instead of Welbeck. Certainly should have come on at half time.

I agree with him, only three games to win it, Italy are unspectacular, Germany efficient but can be stopped if tje cut the supply to Gomez and Spain patient but can end up frustrating themselves if teams set up well against them.

We will win it

Bloody hell Tom, you've got it as well ! It must spread really rapidly ! Repeat after me -" We've no chance"- " We've no chance "-, It's the only known cure.

We will win it

Absolutely crazy talk. Fair play to you Tom, you said it before tonight's match. I'm with you though. Law of averages and all that. We're solid. There's more to come. Just as we were under Hughes, I wouldn't like to play us. So why not?

There. I've said it. Lump yer cash on Italy then :lol:

Sorry to reduce this to inanity but can anyone else look at Shearer these days and unfortunately not be reminded of Morph's mate, Chas?

:D

Chas is a more incisive pundit, though.

My marks tonight-

Joe Hart 6- didn't do much wrong, miraculous save from that swerving,dipping shot.

Glen Johnson 6 Ok without ever looking entirely at ease

John Terry 7 Led the back four by example, great goal line clearance.

Jolyen Lescott 6 Stuck to his task but he's not International class

Ashley Cole 6 Had his hands full having to mark two players at once, still a class act.

Andy Milner 4 Not an international winger, no real end product. Just a spear carrier.

Steveen Gerrard 6 Did his best to get things moving in midfield,.Great cross for the goal.

Scott Parker 5 Got in the way of several shots, did nothing at all going forward

Ashley Young 3 Did nothing at all, may as well have been sat next to me on my sofa. Left Cole to deal with two players all night

Danny Welbeck 3 Did nothing but miss control the ball, a slightly faster, younger Jason Roberts. Coughed up possession every time he got the ball.

Wayne Rooney 4 Looked well off the pace, scored a goal that I could have scored. Badly miscued another relatively simple header

Subs Walcott, ? Came on for 15 minutes to stretch their back four and we never even passed to him once that I saw

Carroll ? At least he looked interested when he eventually came on. Should have started the game instead of Welbeck. Certainly should have come on at half time.

Bloody hell Tom, you've got it as well ! It must spread really rapidly ! Repeat after me -" We've no chance"- " We've no chance "-, It's the only known cure.

Agree with most of this, but firstly who is Andy Milner?

Hart, miraculous save or flapper? Overrated to me.

Terry, got caught under the ball, ran like he was in cement and didn't stop the ball crossing the line? How did the 6th official miss that? Or the 3rd miss the blatant offside before it.

ANYONE know ANYONE who is selling tickets for sundays game in Kiev?

Can get flights for £243 and £50 for 2 nights hotel.....has to be done if I can get my passport sorted and pick up a ticket

Just fly out anyway Hughesy, I'm sure you'll find tickets out there with the hosts being out. I'd book the flights now though, don't hang around. Gamble! You might find tickets later in the week but I'm sure flights will start disappearing sharpish. All the best.

Sorry to reduce this to inanity but can anyone else look at Shearer these days and unfortunately not be reminded of Morph's mate, Chas?

p2186_big.jpg

What's with all the supporters humming the riff from Seven Nation Army all the time? Who is doing that?

Every single game, as soon as the cheering dies down a bit, in the background I can hear it...

woah...oh-OH-OH-oh...wooah..oh... Doing my head in. It's this year's vuvuzela.

It was the big Italian thing in the 2006 world cup.

Agree with most of this, but firstly who is Andy Milner?

Hart, miraculous save or flapper? Overrated to me.

Terry, got caught under the ball, ran like he was in cement and didn't stop the ball crossing the line? How did the 6th official miss that? Or the 3rd miss the blatant offside before it.

Who's Andy Milner ? You don't know ? Pretty useful right winger who played for Rochdale in the 70's or 80's. ! My mistake.

Still no show from Messrs Wellbeck, Young and Milner.

Am I the only one who sees just plain average in Wellbeck? I get the feeling that if he played for us or Sland or Everton for example that he'd be watching the euro's from a holiday hotel somewhere.

Young seems lightweight, wants too long on the ball and puts a very limited defensive shift in. With Gerrard not being the strongest defensively Ashley Cole is frequently left over exposed. Yet another benefitting from the MU association.

Milner is lacking creativity but does fill in the gaps and helps Glenn Johnson with defensive duties. Last night despite a poor game his race was run and he was dead on his feet when he came off. He could play left mid which would benefit Cole but that would mean Wellbeck on the right and Johnson's defensive weaknesses being found out. Hodgson does appear to prefer Johnson over the more defensive Phil Jones.

Overall the back 4 have done reasonably well with most problems in front of them. Parker is not eye candy but is good at what he does. imo he and Milner are doing the defensive work for four. Parker doesn't look at all at ease playing alongside Gerrard who catches the commentators eye creatively but is defensively poor and more suited to being a roving playmaker in a 5 man midfield.

Unless I am mistaken Rooney has put on some blubber and yesterdays below par performance saw many commentators employing the euphamism 'rustiness' instead of a more accurate but politically incorrect term of 'fat git'. Last night when clean through in the last 10 mins he was caught quite easily prompting my thoughts that we have now seen the best of him. Like Owen his best years might have been his early ones.

Be interesting if we meet Spain at any time whether Hodgson would revert to a 4-5-1 with the twin defensive midfield of Jones and Parker who frustrated them so well at Wembley. Difficult to change a winning team but if he wont change tactics and pay due respect to better teams we could soon be on the way home.

Back at the beginning of May 1995 I lost my purse with everything in. Gutted. But then on May 14 something very, very special happened. About a fortnight ago I lost my purse again. Could something very, very special be due to happen on July 1st? Could this be a sign? (answer: yes, of me clutching at straws and being a careless twonk!)

Unless I am mistaken Rooney has put on some blubber and yesterdays below par performance saw many commentators employing the euphamism 'rustiness' instead of a more accurate but politically incorrect term of 'fat git'. Last night when clean through in the last 10 mins he was caught quite easily prompting my thoughts that we have now seen the best of him. Like Owen his best years might have been his early ones.

I reckon he has a touch of Werner Syndrome. The classic man boy.

Can get flights for £243 and £50 for 2 nights hotel.....has to be done if I can get my passport sorted and pick up a ticket

Youll be able to pick up tickets there, theres been loads selling outside each game and all the scouce/manc touts are all over it. However youll pay a premium for England.

Or...novel idea, try the official route via uefa.com they emailed me this korning to say there were tickets for all games.

Hughesy, Get on the UEFA website now. They have tickets available for the game. I've just got myself 3 !!!!

afterh a shaky start, i thought England looked strong defensively. It tok aprox 15-20 minutes and both ukranian wings we´re much less effective.

i have to seperate the attacking and defending parts of the game, to give my view on it.

as i mentioned, if you take away the first 15-20 minutes, i think you have one of the best defensive displays in the euro´s. Ukraine had a couple of good chances in that part of the game, but as time went by, they were completely shut out.

going forward was awful, i cant understand how and why, that players who position themselves wisely defensively, cant do it going forward. Yeah, sure there is a difference, but still, the difference in movement and positioning, when you compare the defensive positioning and the attacking, was like night and day. An astonishing lack of movement and without any imagination what so ever.

dont know how inspired hodgson is by italy, but the tactics and style had italy written all over it.

i actually think that you will beat italy, styles makes fights and stylewise you match up very well with italy.

• Backroom

They were hardly completely shut out I remember them missing a free header and an easy one on one in the second half

I do think our full backs look good though and that will be massive if we go on to play Germany and cut the supply to Gomez

They were hardly completely shut out I remember them missing a free header and an easy one on one in the second half

I do think our full backs look good though and that will be massive if we go on to play Germany and cut the supply to Gomez

Lahm/Podolski-Boateng/Muller are pretty decent flanks for Germany, England would have to play a blinder to keep them contained. Germany are also probably the best counter attacking team left in the tournament.

Archived