BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporter Safety Put At Risk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From our seats in the Family Stand we saw two people on the Darwen End roof on the night in question. At first we thought it may have been some form of protest but in light of this it could have been club officials/stewards or even the fire steward on the roof. They were there for quite some time at the time smoke when was seen above the Darwen End.

Surely there are breaches of conditions of their safety license in light of this information.

From our seats in the Family Stand we saw two people on the Darwen End roof on the night in question. At first we thought it may have been some form of protest but in light of this it could have been club officials/stewards or even the fire steward on the roof. They were there for quite some time at the time smoke when was seen above the Darwen End.

Surely there are breaches of conditions of their safety license in light of this information.

It was indeed confirmed in the letter we received regarding this that fire stewards on duty were on the roof opening safety hatches.

Has anyone heard if the stewards are being replaced with an outside agency? I've heard that normally last year's stewards are normally contacted by now about their positions for the coming season, and may not have been?

Has anyone heard if the stewards are being replaced with an outside agency? I've heard that normally last year's stewards are normally contacted by now about their positions for the coming season, and may not have been?

Having spoke to a few they have said that they usually get asked on courses and have heard nothing, so there is a chance that Moulton's men may be used, but hard to know one way or the other tbh.

That video is absolutely shocking. Just watch Bradley Orr get skinned at 11:40. Shocking.

Seriously though I hope this snowballs but, like everything else, I feel they'll worm their way out of it.

• Backroom

It will be interesting to see what, if any, the response is from the club about this article. Has the BRFC Action Group appraoched the club for a response, and if so, what was it?

From the article:

We have also tried to discuss this incident with Blackburn Rovers who declined to comment on the matter.

I had noticed it in the games I'd seen on TV but the video above highlights how many stewards and Plods Rovers employ to ''take care'' of the Rovers fans in the Darwen End. It looks like a 1:1 ratio. Patheic - and all on behalf of one bald sh1thead called STEVE KEAN.

I would be very surprised if the club hadnt already investigated this incident and taken internal action. It would be a condition of the stadium licensing to review this.

The worry is that this is just one side of the story from disgruntled employees, so there is an argument that the club should put its side at some point.

Archived