BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Titus Bramble...(Not really but actually far worse)

Rovers_Dan

So from the Brazilian chicken factory manager who fixed Bruno Ribiero's big break, comes Shebby Singh giving any Malaysian with a pair of boots a trial. FFS!!! My headaches are coming back!

I guess this one one of the names which got Murphy so excited during negotiations.

Christ! When will they learn.

From the article: "“I met Titus as a young boy … he was only 11 then. Now I am meeting him again as a grown up. Although I have not seen him play, I will, in my capacity as the global adviser of the club, make sure he gets a fair trial at Rovers,” said Shebby."

Hasn't even seen him play in the last 15 years - if ever! Wonderful.

Sounds like a commercially driven move. Pssst... Shabba... if we bring in a Malaysian, he needs to be good.

I can just hear Kean now "he's the next Mark Atkins".

That reads like a "player gets trial" story with a positive spin about a Malaysian player getting a "big break" for a Malaysian paper (they must be reasonably interested in Rovers at the moment over there). I wouldn't read it as a sure thing that he's getting a whole contract out of it.

Sadly though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did. That's what we've become. I would never have assumed the powers that be would have been so blatant as to sign the son of the agent running the show if they couldn't at least justify it by him being a bit good.

25 year old, Left Back in the 3rd division of France.

One of shirleys old pals by the looks of things.

http://football.thes...with-blackburn/

Makes sense to me. Malyasia has a big population who might now all become BRFC supporters overnight. ^_^ Personally I just wonder why Asia with a population which is almost double the total population of the rest of the world cannot to date produce more than a 5 a side team of half decent footballers. (Bend it like Beckham? More accurate to have called it 'Bend it like Beamo'.) If anybody could give me an answer without using the word 'genetic' I'd be grateful.

Now can anybody give me a reason why Arsene Wenger has just sprung into my mind? :unsure:

25 year old, Left Back in the 3rd division of France.

One of shirleys old pals by the looks of things.

http://football.thes...with-blackburn/

From the vague referenes on the web Titus James Palani played for FC Villenoy in the SIXTH TIER of french football

A bit like playing for the Dog and Gun in this country

Makes sense to me. Malyasia has a big population who might now all become BRFC supporters overnight. ^_^ Personally I just wonder why Asia with a population which is almost double the total population of the rest of the world cannot to date produce more than a 5 a side team of half decent footballers. (Bend it like Beckham? More accurate to have called it 'Bend it like Beamo'.) If anybody could give me an answer without using the word 'genetic' I'd be grateful.

Now can anybody give me a reason why Arsene Wenger has just sprung into my mind? :unsure:

Shorter footballing history? I would guess there will be an influx of asian players in the not too distant future now that football has become more popular in these areas. I don't think football used to be THE sport before TV made it's big entrance.

And Chris Smalling, And Michael Kightly and Jason Roberts - There have been a few but still doesnt fill you with confidence even though I am extremely happy with Murphy, Best and Silva sounds very decent to be fair... Good pedigree!! We will finish in the top 8 surely....!!!!!!!

Eek this doesn't sound like a good idea. Le Havre have a history of producing good young talent, so it is slightly encouraging that he came through their academy, but Nanteuil is a very low standard. They had a side in the same youth league as the one that I played in, but were at a lower standard. Not a club that has players capable of playing in the premier league or the championship.

Just when some of our signings make you think that the penny may finally have dropped with our owners and their management team[?], along comes this piece of, er, "news" to remind you [me!] that it almost certainly hasn't.

I don't think that this will result in anything other than another no-hoper on the books who we never see play, but for a bit of perspective when Venky's first took over (and we still hoped they would be decent owners) several people put forward the opinion that it would be shrewd to sign an Indian footballer to sit on the bench and make occasional cameo appearences to help us get an indian fanbase (Indian owners, Indian player, Indian shirt sales). This could be viewed in the same light, (Malaysian DOF, Malaysian player, Malaysian shirt sales) It's just now that we know that the owners are useless no-one can muster the glass half full optimism.

My guess is that this will come to nothing and that it is them simply doing something nice for a player and giving him a chance to experience the 'big-time'.

That would be my guess/hope also. Plus some publicity for our mate Shebby. Wont lose any sleep on this until he signs (though admit our owners have a poor track record)

Archived