BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am Huddersfield. I would bet all my savings that Jordan Rhodes will be stopping at Huddersfield. Dean Hoyle will never sell a star asset to a championship rival team unless it was really silly money. 8 million to start talking and then up some. The reasoning for this, is before Hoyle made all his money he was a fan on the Terraces with all the core Town support for 30 years. It is burned into his brain (like all Town fans) the fateful decision to sell Marcus Stewart to our rivals Ipswich when we were both in line for the playoffs. Ipswich went up and town missed out on the play offs on the final day of the season.

It is not about the money or Huddersfield trying to play any games with the transfer. Hoyle will not sell to a championship club. This is why the fee to actually change Dean Hoyles mind would be silly and far far above the 'normal' fee Rhodes would command.

Also Rhodes will not be an unsettled and unhappy player, he is a fine young man and a model professional. The thing is, and this is only speculation on my part, Hoyle would have offered the same verbal agreement that Hoyle gave to Antony Pilkington ( a great player who showed his worth in the premiership with Norwich last year), " Give us one us in the Championship to see how we go, come the summer you can have the move that suits you best and the one you want most, even for a little less money). Hoyle stuck to his word with Pilks and Peltier ( went to Leicester) Jordan knows this and respect it.

I hope that helps you with some insight to a huddersfield town perspective on it. The letter sent to your club stating he is not for sale, is not a bargaining tool to dive up the price, it is a straight down the line statement. He is not for sale.

Regards

Ben

I am Huddersfield. I would bet all my savings that Jordan Rhodes will be stopping at Huddersfield. Dean Hoyle will never sell a star asset to a championship rival team unless it was really silly money. 8 million to start talking and then up some. The reasoning for this, is before Hoyle made all his money he was a fan on the Terraces with all the core Town support for 30 years. It is burned into his brain (like all Town fans) the fateful decision to sell Marcus Stewart to our rivals Ipswich when we were both in line for the playoffs. Ipswich went up and town missed out on the play offs on the final day of the season.

It is not about the money or Huddersfield trying to play any games with the transfer. Hoyle will not sell to a championship club. This is why the fee to actually change Dean Hoyles mind would be silly and far far above the 'normal' fee Rhodes would command.

Also Rhodes will not be an unsettled and unhappy player, he is a fine young man and a model professional. The thing is, and this is only speculation on my part, Hoyle would have offered the same verbal agreement that Hoyle gave to Antony Pilkington ( a great player who showed his worth in the premiership with Norwich last year), " Give us one us in the Championship to see how we go, come the summer you can have the move that suits you best and the one you want most, even for a little less money). Hoyle stuck to his word with Pilks and Peltier ( went to Leicester) Jordan knows this and respect it.

I hope that helps you with some insight to a huddersfield town perspective on it. The letter sent to your club stating he is not for sale, is not a bargaining tool to dive up the price, it is a straight down the line statement. He is not for sale.

Regards

Ben

Maybe not about the dosh for the club but for the player it maybe a different matter

I am Huddersfield. I would bet all my savings that Jordan Rhodes will be stopping at Huddersfield. Dean Hoyle will never sell a star asset to a championship rival team ( We are not a rival team)unless it was really silly money. 8 million to start talking and then up some. The reasoning for this, is before Hoyle made all his money he was a fan on the Terraces with all the core Town support for 30 years. It is burned into his brain (like all Town fans) the fateful decision to sell Marcus Stewart to our rivals Ipswich when we were both in line for the playoffs. Ipswich went up and town missed out on the play offs on the final day of the season.

Regards

Ben

He is for sale otherwise we would not continue chasing this.

There must be noises coming from Rhodes and Hudds that a deal could happen.

Why else would we persist.

Maybe not about the dosh for the club but for the player it maybe a different matter

indeed, as I say though, Jordan has seen Dean Hoyle do right by Pilks and Peltier and knows he is a man of his word. Rhodes will have the choice of any move he wishes to make next summer as long as the basic asking price is met. Fulham were well below with an offer of £2 million. If it had been up near £5 million he would have gone I think.

Huddersfield could improve their 1st team massively with £6m, for that reason, don't rule it out.

It's big money for your club, regardless of whether your owner is a fan or not - he is personally only worth £154m ish so he would be daft not too consider a big bid like that!

Maybe not about the dosh for the club but for the player it maybe a different matte

In my opinion Kean and the Venkeys are trying to put on a show for your fans " look we are trying to sign a big name for you". He has never been for sale and I think Kean is thinking that you could get Rhodes by unsettling ina way that seems to happen in the premiership and the bigger leagues. i'e make some noises in the press/onside journalists build up some pressure on the the club the player is at and hope that the situation becomes difficult and the player starts to agitate for a move.

Alas Hoyle is a man of his word, Hudderfield is a well run family oriented club who hold decency and doing things straight as important things. In the Huddersfield paper it said something along the lines of " Huddersfield took a dim view of Kean going public". My understanding from those closer to the club is, Hoyle was not impressed by the tactics in trying to unstettle Rhodes and will not even discuss any further with Blackburn, no matter what. Hence the written letter stating clearly he is not for sale.

Keans attempt to pressurise the situation has had the exact opposite reaction.

Quite a statement and not something i'd brag about.

let me rephase so there are not mis-understandings. I am a Huddersfield Town fan. i.e I am Huddersfield you are Blackburn.

Apologies if it misread as sounding a bit grandiose. I did not intend it to.

In my opinion Kean and the Venkeys are trying to put on a show for your fans " look we are trying to sign a big name for you". He has never been for sale and I think Kean is thinking that you could get Rhodes by unsettling ina way that seems to happen in the premiership and the bigger leagues. i'e make some noises in the press/onside journalists build up some pressure on the the club the player is at and hope that the situation becomes difficult and the player starts to agitate for a move.

Alas Hoyle is a man of his word, Hudderfield is a well run family oriented club who hold decency and doing things straight as important things. In the Huddersfield paper it said something along the lines of " Huddersfield took a dim view of Kean going public". My understanding from those closer to the club is, Hoyle was not impressed by the tactics in trying to unstettle Rhodes and will not even discuss any further with Blackburn, no matter what. Hence the written letter stating clearly he is not for sale.

Keans attempt to pressurise the situation has had the exact opposite reaction.

let me rephase so there are not mis-understandings. I am a Huddersfield Town fan. i.e I am Huddersfield you are Blackburn.

Apologies if it misread as sounding a bit grandiose. I did not intend it to.

Where do you get this he is not for sale?

Your chairman and manager have both said there is a 'figure'

Regards

Ben

Some laugh if just as he hit 'post' someone posted a link 'Rovers tie up Rhodes Deal' hahahahaha

yes it would be ironic, or maybe just bad timing. However I am as sure as sure can be that Rhodes will remain with Huddersfield.

Your setting yourself up for a big fall...wouldnt be too sure, but if you hang onto him fair play!! Will just add to the fact your a horrid club to deal with!

My opinion on it is that what we are offering is more than what Rhodes is worth, and therefore if huddersfield don't accept it they are missing out, the money could go along way to establishing them as a championship club, where as Rhodes himself cannot. We as rovers fans now that a strikers is not everything. Yak banged them in last season and look where we are. Rhodes will need more help at this level, and hudds squad is not blessed with quality.

If this bid is rejected, then move on. But as I say, if hudds reject I think they are missing out.

After all this speculation would be very nice to see him in action for Rovers. Signing him would be such a gamble that not winning early matches could really turn Venky´s head against the clown. The squad is really so expensive already that I just can´t see how they can afford not to hire a real manager replacing the ball boy.

Archived