BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

That Hudds forum is funny, like a bunch of girls playing the 'its not fair' card...if they could only hear themselves haha!!

Hold on there...'(knock knock) hello i am blackburn rovers id like to give you a pay rise of around 30k a week...em no thanks im fine on my 6k and SMALLER club but thank you...'

Sorry for gettin catty haha but my god accept that its a better move for the chap...hoilett to QPR hurt but hey money talks!!

How dare he leave the mighty Huddersfield?? never thought id see the likes but got a great chuckle out of it!! :rover:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting comment from a supposed Hudds 'ITKer' on the DATM message board:

"As ive said all along this deal is getting closer and it will happen. Moneyn talks and all parties are getting nearer a deal. His agent his very confident . watch over the next couple of days"

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=71493&page=1#1179752

That does sound good. Hopefully true, Rhodes would be a huge boost especially after Best being injured.

• Backroom

Is there nowhere where WestSussexRover/Tombo/whatever he's calling himself this week won't post!!

He must just post anywhere he isn't banned

How he's got nearly 50 posts is anyone's guess

six million is too much imo. as others has said, sharp would score enough goals and has done it before. we could do with spending the difference on firing kean or at least seeing to the defence.

why have we signed rosado when we have nuno, simon, rochina, dunny and formica already?

Haha! Someone said he's worth £15m on that Huddersfield forum.

Some people are absolutely mad. £15m for what is a proven league 1 player :D

That same person probably moans that the game is run my money and greed.

• Backroom

I wouldn't call getting £6m for a player that's never played consistently above League 1 as us bending Huddersfield over or anything else. It's a good deal. If they don't want to take it then okay, but they better hope he has a good season this season or chances are they won't see that type of money offered for him again.

We have been there several times as a small club and lost the player. Now it´s a very rare situation and Rovers are the bigger club. I don´t believe him signing before it´s official and it´s yet far away. I would still be quite pleased with Fuller on free. Like Roberts he would be a very good player on this level.

It always makes me laugh when I hear smaller clubs calling us smaller because we are trying to sign their best player. Players go for the money, Rhodes would love to earn 35-40k at a team who have won the Premiership.

The Hudds fans are angry that we are trying to get their best player,its a natural reaction.They have just been promoted and are quite rightly full of themselves but they will soon realise there is a 'pecking order' even in this division and money DOES talk....as we all too well know with the better players we had at Ewood in the Premiership.

I will believe this when it happens,like I say,for that price I would be wanting Premiership experience not a relative rookie.

You have got one thing right though Terriers....Kean is a Ham Shanker!! :tu:

What would he say "To come you have to be sold as something I was the Scottish Rooney, you can be the Scottish Welbeck."

That's incredibly unfair to call him the Scottish Welbeck......a Scottish Welbeck would be a semi-pro player......Rhodes has more potential than Goodwillie so we'll call Rooney the English Rhodes ;)

It's because we are so used to failures. We have a failure of a manager and failures of owners, hard not to think negative. I would like us to sign Rhodes but don't believe all this hype around him and don't think he is worth all the time we are wasting when we could be looking for an actual proven striker.

Archived