BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

Rhodes has been scoring 20goals plus from the age of 19 and has lots of potential, but Billy Sharp is the finished article at 26 and has scored regularly in the Championship, now £2,000,000 for Sharp would be a better investment as I think it will take Rhodes 3 to 6 months to come to terms with better defenders, they are not just better players but their reading of the game is better, they wont give him the same time or space as division 1, it took Sharp a season or two to progress from Scunthorpe to Championship football!

Good Shout!

Anyway whats going on where are all the 'ITK' heads...all too quiet???

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much is the Ipswich sell on clause ?

To be fair to Huddersfield - I would want Blackburn to do exactly the same thing if another club came after our star player - you get as high as you can. However, as we know to our cost, player power (or should I say agent power) can upset the balance.

Don't know how much Ipswich's clause is. No one even knows how much we paid for him, for definite.

Whats his twitter name?

@dannyhoyle55

Sense quite an attitude in your posts? no one likes losing there star players but god knows its happened to us alot!! Yes we werent the biggest fish in the premier league but ye are ''only huddersfield'', no prem history, never been there, prob never will be... at least we were there for the bulk of its existance, punched well above our weight at times and bar a looney regime prob still would be so if you ask me i would wanna play for rovers everyday of the week ahead of Huddersfield...no question!!

Not at all, I acknowledged you're currently a bigger club than us.

Given our Chief Executive has admitted we've rejected offers from Premier League clubs, and West Ham admitted last January that they'd had an offer rejected for him, he's hardly going to spit his dummy out in order to play for you, having not done it in light of offers from such other clubs.

And whilst you're a bigger club than us, you're not so much bigger than us that it's an opportunity he can't afford to turn down.

Intersting points SSH, thanks.

As a thought, could these Premier League clubs offer first team football on top of the better wage? Not saying we are an infinitely more attractive opposition to staying with you, just trying to get all the possible factors in.

And whilst you're a bigger club than us, you're not so much bigger than us that it's an opportunity he can't afford to turn down.

I would say in terms of stature you are probably right. Hudds and Rovers are in the same division so he wouldn't spit his dummy out to join us. I think the key point is the wages rovers are offering, that is why Rhodes is likely to join rovers.

I'd also say we have a better chance of promotion too, given some of our signings. He could see it as the perfect time to join us. Obviously if we were in the same position next year we wouldn't be too attractive.

It always makes me laugh when I hear smaller clubs calling us smaller because we are trying to sign their best player. Players go for the money, Rhodes would love to earn 35-40k at a team who have won the Premiership.

I don't think the Premiership thing will factor into it as if he has the ambition he will perhaps see us as a stepping stone rather than us being the ultimate he could hope for. I'd go as far as to say that nobody cares that we won the Premiership upon signing for us.

If the bid is £5M+£1M, I can't see us accepting. Once we'd recovered our initial outlay, payed Ipswich their share and bought a replacement, we'd have nothing of note left. If you want him, you'll have to pay more than he's worth.

Irrelevant that we're a 'small club'; we don't need to sell, and whilst recent history dictates that you're bigger than us, you're only Blackburn, he's not exactly going to spit his dummy out in order to join you.

So when does he become a Championship player? A week on Saturday, or does he have to wait until at least Christmas? He's played three games against Championship opposition (two sides that were automatically promoted during the season in question, and another that made the Play Offs) for us, and scored three goals, so I'm fairly confident he's of at least Championship standard.

EDIT - Our chairman's son has just tweeted that Alan Nixon talks some rubbish, so read into that as you like.

Might have been better if his Daddy had said it.

I can't see this deal going through and Alan Nixon does talk some rubbish as i pointed out yesterday when i said last year according to Nixon we was on the brink of signing Witsel, Papiss Cisse, Raul, Ruud Van N and Guiza. We signed none! All jornalists chat toffee most of the time.

Nixon isn't the only one claiming he'll sign. Glen Mullan stated last night that he was 95% certain the deal would go through.

Interesting comment from a supposed Hudds 'ITKer' on the DATM message board:

"As ive said all along this deal is getting closer and it will happen. Moneyn talks and all parties are getting nearer a deal. His agent his very confident . watch over the next couple of days"

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=71493&page=1#1179752

Sense quite an attitude in your posts? no one likes losing there star players but god knows its happened to us alot!! Yes we werent the biggest fish in the premier league but ye are ''only huddersfield'', no prem history, never been there, prob never will be... at least we were there for the bulk of its existance, punched well above our weight at times and bar a looney regime prob still would be so if you ask me i would wanna play for rovers everyday of the week ahead of Huddersfield...no question!!

Couldn`t agree more B.B we also are more geared for promotion and when we do get back, will be better equipped to stay there.(providing we have a new manager) Rhodes has had his head turned and knows what he could be earning elsewhere,if it isn`t us it will be someone else on the last day of the transfer window ,then Huds. will be knackered as they won`t be able to get a replacement in.

Don't know how much Ipswich's clause is. No one even knows how much we paid for him, for definite.

@dannyhoyle55

Not at all, I acknowledged you're currently a bigger club than us.

Given our Chief Executive has admitted we've rejected offers from Premier League clubs, and West Ham admitted last January that they'd had an offer rejected for him, he's hardly going to spit his dummy out in order to play for you, having not done it in light of offers from such other clubs.

At 35,000 compared to 6,000 its a pretty big difference maker tho say he stays at you and flops in the championship or if he gets injured when will he ever have the chance to earn that kind of money again. Our offer sets him up for life for doing the same thing as he is currently going to be doing for you anyone would have their head turned by that.

Archived