BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

I wouldn't be as confident, but all the Rovers ITK are signing from the same hym sheet.

There's a good chance he will come.

More the fool you for believing anyone claiming to be''ITK'' I thought we established that these guys were bullshyters a long time ago.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way this has dragged on and on, IMO, merely confirms that Rovers have no one who could negotiate their way out of a paper bag.

A complete feckin joke.

Every club struggles from time to time to agree deals with clubs that don't want to sell. Not just us.

Every club struggles from time to time to agree deals with clubs that don't want to sell. Not just us.

There are simple rules in a negotiation.

Rovers seem clueless and are dancing around the maypole.

Time they either sh1t or got off the pot.

There are simple rules in a negotiation.

Rovers seem clueless and are dancing around the maypole.

Time they either sh1t or got off the pot.

And how do you know Huddersfield aren't sounding out possible replacements before letting their star asset talk to us? Something we have struggled to do over the years when other teams are sniffing round our players, but something I personally would definitely be doing.

Man u are struggling to get RVP and Real Madrid can't agree a deal for modric so I think that comment is a bit unfair.

Buying any commodity is dependent upon buyer negotiating/agreeing a price that meets the seller's needs.

You might madly want a Porsche but if you can't get to what the seller needs then you are wasting your time, no matter how much you might covet the car.

It's not rocket science.

Somehow, some football clubs seem to think that they can buy and sell by their own rules only ie undervaluing players. Ashley at Newcastle knows how to negotiate and understands buying and selling better than almost anyone in football.

And how do you know Huddersfield aren't sounding out possible replacements before letting their star asset talk to us? Something we have struggled to do over the years when other teams are sniffing round our players, but something I personally would definitely be doing.

They might be but from what I understand, where the Rovers' bid is now from where it started is significantly different and if Rovers had started bidding realistically, a conclusion would have been reached, one way or the other, far quicker. IMO, it's all p1ss poor stuff.

They might be but from what I understand, where the Rovers' bid is now from where it started is significantly different and if Rovers had started bidding realistically, a conclusion would have been reached, one way or the other, far quicker. IMO, it's all p1ss poor stuff.

On this I can't really criticise the club, they have been through a proper process. They established whether the player was interested in joining us, they looked at wages etc, once they had decided they could afford him they went and made a bid. It wasn't a ridiculously low bid, that was rejected, they then had a meeting and decided to go back in with another bid, that is where we are at the moment. Every club goes through a similar process, look at what United are doing with RVP, they know that the asking price is £20 million, but they haven't gone in and bid £20 million straight away they are exploring if Arsenal will budge on that price.

There are many things that we can have a go at the club with, but on this I can't see what we could've done differently. Rovers have now made a final bid, if Huddersfield say "no" then we will move on.

Sky Sports figure is way way way off, so I discount all of what they are saying.

Not dissing you but how can you be sure its not you that has been given the wrong figure, Venkys/Kean do have history of making offensively small offers for players whilst leading people to believe they are offering big numbers. I'm sure either you or somebody else respectable initially said rovers where offering around 5mill for the Portuguese player Silva(When in fact it turned out they only offered 750k), Maybe yourself and A Cryer are just now being used.

Just thinking out loud, hopefully I'm wrong.

Have to say i agree with hardly 1980 Venky's and Kean do have a history of making low bids and the fact is every journalist or ITK seems to have a different figure so far i have heard:

6m

4m + 2m if we are promoted

5m+ 1m if we are promoted

2m

2m+2m if we are promoted

Frankly it's hard to know who to believe so i assume everyone is chatting toffee because nobody knows!

So the £2M a year you were offering him, was actually just the transfer fee?!

The fee is £5 million plus add ons. Sky are way behind the times, they are always lazy when it comes to Rovers.

Archived