BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

My worry is that Huddersfield will intentionally drag their feet over this all week and then reject the offer, leaving us without a main striker for the firts game of the season.

My worry too. Nuno has obviously been bought to play off the main striker, so God knows what we'll do against Ipswich. I guess he'll have to lead the line, or failing that Goodie may come in.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My worry is that Huddersfield will intentionally drag their feet over this all week and then reject the offer, leaving us without a main striker for the firts game of the season.

Yep this was my worry too. Hence why we should opf just moved on!

If rumours are correct the manager wanted Cox and Shebby wanted Rhodes.

Looks like Shebby has more of a brain then

Yeah don't believe it yet mate. The amount of ###### that gets posted on Twitter every day must be in the hundreds of thousands involving transfers to different clubs.

Yep, touche` thats why i asked if anyone can confirm it - sure we will see some noise from other quarters if there is any substance....................

Rover23@Rover23

Hearing a rumour that the Rhodes bid will be accepted. Just a rumour mind so don't abuse me if it's not true! #brfc

He's away with Scotland this weekend isn't he which must surely complicate things.

I think the personal terms are on the table so it will just be minor things to sort out, with the major thing being agreeing the deal with Huddersfield who would already know he wants to go and therefore doesn't need to be there....but the Scotland vs Australia game I think is next Wednesday so there should be time before Ipswich that he can have his medical and sign, if he's coming.

I do feel like we are getting are pants pulled down over Rhodes.

6m upfront + add ons is unheard of for a player that has only made it in Leauge 1.

If they reject this bid. Move on. Get a v good player for that sort of money.

I get the feeling that Huds are going to be difficult to deal with just because it's us, and they feel he can do better.

I do feel like we are getting are pants pulled down over Rhodes.

6m upfront + add ons is unheard of for a player that has only made it in Leauge 1.

If they reject this bid. Move on. Get a v good player for that sort of money.

I get the feeling that Huds are going to be difficult to deal with just because it's us, and they feel he can do better.

You could definitely look it at that way but equally you could say we're (potentially) making as big a splash in the transfer market as we have in years, pleasingly throwing our weight around (for once) to pluck a star player right out of the hands of one of our rivals.

• Backroom

All it takes is one tweet saying they have heard then it generates a few more tweets which in turn generate a few more each

Twitter is dangerous for rumours!

Archived