BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is evidently dead now. Sounds like we are hoping huddersfield will just change their minds and say 'please, can you make that offer we rejected again?'. That just isn't going to happen. Best case scenario is Rhodes kicks up a fuss and says he wants to go (quite unlikely) and his camp or Hudds let us know they are open to negotiation. Even then I expect we would still need to increase the bid a little.

From a colleague at work who is friends with one of the directors of Town. This is what he told her last night:

"Blackburn won't take no for an answer but their valuation is way below ours and Jordan isn't interested. However, they are going all out to get him!"

I've not reason to think she's made this up. But the comment could be a smokescreen from the director. Or more likely it's not.

From a colleague at work who is friends with one of the directors of Town. This is what he told her last night:

"Blackburn won't take no for an answer but their valuation is way below ours and Jordan isn't interested. However, they are going all out to get him!"

I've not reason to think she's made this up. But the comment could be a smokescreen from the director. Or more likely it's not.

Would you be interested in joining, IMO, a shambolic outfit like Rovers with Kean as manager ?

Big money might be tempting, however, as flagged before, I think some wise old heads have told Rhodes that this move could, more likely would, kill his fledgling career.

If he plays well, no matter what is going on at rovers his career will not be affected! Managers do not look at the team as a whole if a particular player has done well! All he has to do is work hard and score goals and he will be a success either here or somewhere else! I really am fed up with fans spouting comments about players avoiding us cos we are such a mess... I hope he does come here and drags us up into the prem and so should everyone else!

Huddersfield must be tempted, if he stays he could have an average season and be worth £500k in a year's time. Plus the player himself won't get offered 35k a week in a year's time unless he scores 20+ goals again.

I thought this was funny, from TeamTalk's Paper talk section:

"Steve Kean believes Blackburn are leading the chase to sign Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes"

Well, Kean also believes that he is a highly competent manager with the fans fully behind him. Doesn't make it true... So that's probably the most certain sign that the deal is off...

Orr was a good signing.....we could have done with him before....equally adept at defending and attacking, quick, strong, good in the air and good at crossing......massive @#/?....shaky start but then came good.....most players don't play well instantly.

Even if 15/15 Kean signings were shocking that doesn't mean any new ones will be bad also......each player and scenario is different.

An interesting comment about Orr.

He was really quite effective going forward and I think he did a couple of excellent crosses which led to goals.

However, at times he was an extremely poor defender and he certainly gave a number of goals away that he shouldn't have done.

Would you be interested in joining, IMO, a shambolic outfit like Rovers with Kean as manager ?

Big money might be tempting, however, as flagged before, I think some wise old heads have told Rhodes that this move could, more likely would, kill his fledgling career.

Kill his fledgling career give me a break in what world in which universe is a 29k rise on a 4 to 5 year deal ever a bad thing we did not exactly do the yak much harm now did we. You really do paint the most depressing picture ever.

Kill his fledgling career give me a break in what world in which universe is a 29k rise on a 4 to 5 year deal ever a bad thing we did not exactly do the yak much harm now did we. You really do paint the most depressing picture ever.

I think Mercerman means , that kean and the fiasco that is BRFC will kill his fledgling career .....For the record , that is the very reason why I think he won't join Rovers ..

Also ,we have offered way over the odds , cos promotion is not a possibility whilst Kean is still the manager !

We have had problems where wingers and midfielders haven't been tracking back to help out in defence... Hoilett was the biggest culprit for that when on the wing. He would lose his man and give up leaving the rb a real job to do! Hopefully if people start working harder that wont be an issue and defenders won't be overcome!

Starting to think its not the worst thing in the world if he dont come..what happens if he hits 10 goals next season, we finish mid table and no one is too keen on taking him, some people assuming he will be sold for what we paid but might not be the case and we stuck with a 4-6mil striker on 35k a week on a 4 year deal...thats the gamble i suppose...

What does everyone else think? show of hands of who does and doesnt want to pay lets say 5 mil and give him 35k a week??

I think Mercerman means , that kean and the fiasco that is BRFC will kill his fledgling career .....For the record , that is the very reason why I think he won't join Rovers ..

Also ,we have offered way over the odds , cos promotion is not a possibility whilst Kean is still the manager !

I personally think that even under kean he would score under kean goals have never been the problem.

plus it really is a win win situation for Rhodes stay at huddersfield score goals this level get a move to prem while being paid 6k

flop at huddersfield at this standard get paid 6k

move to rovers score goals with non promotion release clause at end of season either way your going to the prem on 35k

move to rovers be a flop at this standard get paid 35k for at least the next 4 years

Thats even ruling out god forbid any major injury situations that could happen at any time.

An interesting comment about Orr.

He was really quite effective going forward and I think he did a couple of excellent crosses which led to goals.

However, at times he was an extremely poor defender and he certainly gave a number of goals away that he shouldn't have done.

I agree with Orr being a decent signing. Many don't rate him but feel he did a good job. The main problem was keans tactics which left both flanks very vulnerable for a constant 90 mins

My response to the first post was basically going to be the second one.....full backs were far too exposed.....with Lahm and A Cole either side it would have been the same.....he made a couple errors at the start that led to goals conceded but after that nothing stands out.

My response to the first post was basically going to be the second one.....full backs were far too exposed.....with Lahm and A Cole either side it would have been the same.....he made a couple errors at the start that led to goals conceded but after that nothing stands out.

I don't altogether agree with your analysis but I'll post more details when there is a topic about Orr rather than Rhodes.

Blackburn boss Steve Kean has refused to rule out making further bids for Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes.

The Rovers chief saw a reported £4million offer for the free-scoring marksman rejected earlier this week.

Rhodesspacer.gif has constructed an outstanding record of 85 goals in 127 starts for the Terriers, which alerted a few potential suitors to his ability.

Rovers are determined to return to the Premier League at the first attempt and have identified the Scotland international as the man to spearhead that challenge.

Process

Kean, though, reckons the fact their opening gambit was dismissed is nothing to be disheartened over as it is the norm in these type of negotiations.

"As every bid goes, it's considered, it's not considered or it's thrown out," he told Sky Sports.

"I think it's just a process which, obviously, the selling club, if they do want to sell, and quite often they don't, then they can politely tell you your interest is not welcome.

"I don't know what will happen now; I will leave that in the hands of the directors and see how that develops."

Goalscorer

Kean, however, is in no doubt of Rhodes' ability and insists his side could only benefit from having such an instinctive finisher within their ranks.

"I think he's a quality player. If you are a natural goalscorer you can score all types of goals. Left foot, right-foot, headers, volleys - and he can certainly do that.

"But like I said, we will be respectful of the club he's playing at this moment and if we can get permission to speak to him, if the bid is accepted then great, if not we'll have to move on."

Archived