BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

Was chatting to a Brighton fan yesterday who pointed out that buying a league one prolific scorer doesn't always pay dividends........Craig Mackail-Smith. Also told me they are in for Lukaku on loan, who is reluctant, but after yesterday's 3-1 friendly win over a full strength Chelsea, could be a possibility. Apparently Brighton looked very very good.

Craig Mackail - Smith, wasn't prolific last season. But he did create chances / space for others to score etc. Far better than Goodwillie though.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think Rhodes is in the bracket with Ricky lambert and Grant Holt, both strikers that have been in Legaue One in recent seasons and scored for fun, and now are both in the Premiership and both did really well at Championship level.

Rhodes really carried Huddersfield to promotion last season, much in the same way that Ched Evans was carrying Sheffield Utd until he got locked up, at which point Sheff Utd struggled for goals. Lets face it Huddersfield would've been nowhere near promotion had Rhodes not been playing for them last season....so I think he's certainly capable of handling the pressure of everyone at a club relying on him to deliver the goods.

Personally I think Rhodes is in the bracket with Ricky lambert and Grant Holt, both strikers that have been in Legaue One in recent seasons and scored for fun, and now are both in the Premiership and both did really well at Championship level.

Rhodes really carried Huddersfield to promotion last season, much in the same way that Ched Evans was carrying Sheffield Utd until he got locked up, at which point Sheff Utd struggled for goals. Lets face it Huddersfield would've been nowhere near promotion had Rhodes not been playing for them last season....so I think he's certainly capable of handling the pressure of everyone at a club relying on him to deliver the goods.

You can add Danny Graham to that list as well. Build a nice career for himself in the lower divisions before proving last year he could cut it in the PL with Swansea. I also think he is quite similar in style to Jordan Rhodes.

Alan Nixon just tweeted that we have put new bid in for Rhodes today. He thinks the previous bid was 3 upfront plus 2 add ons but now we have bid 4 upfront with 2 add ons.

We need to sort this ASAP or move on.

I like reading what Nicko says on twitter but mostly because it makes for a good laugh...he's actually kind of rude and sacrastic and comes across very bitter, especially when it comes to anyone criticising Kean. His info on how much we have bid for Rhodes is off according to some sources who I personally would believe more than Nicko...His info regarding Rovers has gone down the pan a bit since the legendary '50 million to spend' statement last summer.

Funny that a few of the ITK people said it was £4m + £2m add-ons yet Nicko reported it as £3m + £2m add-ons, he is now saying a new bid today as per the ITK info?!

Think the fact that Huddersfield seem to be getting linked to bids suggest they may well be looking at what they could do with the wonga.

Hope he signs! If no news by wednesday then we MUST move on....to a QUALITY player, not Kazim-Richards & another Loanee

We can't waste time chasing Rhodes, we should be looking at konate from Olympics he is 19 and available for 2 million.

We shouldn't give up on Rhodes just yet.....although we shouldn't let it go to transfer deadline day or anything......I'd be up for raiding a lot of that Senegal side tbh....especially the one with the blonde streak in his hair.....Suare or something is his name, he's impressed me every time I've seen him.

I'll be happy if we get the lad, however if we don't I dont think it would be to much of a kick in the teeth, I'd then go for Sharp (2.5mil ish) and Austin (3-4mil ish) from dingles.

Billy Sharp is a great shout and would do well but beware, he may know too much about Rovers (Dioufy and Jay Rod will have filled him in on the situation!!)

only explanation I can think as to why Kean has gone public is to unrest the player

Yes I was just going to say the same.

Managers often do this as a last ditch attempt to try and force the player into making a move. Huddersfield don't want to sell and we need to know sooner rather than later whether a deal is going to be done or not. Kean going public will force a decision either way.

I'm guessing it will be up to Rhodes to ask for a move now and if he doesn't then the deal looks like it is dead.

Hopefully Rhodes will be tempted by the dosh we are offering him and he will ask for a move.

If I was Rhodes, I would be trying to force Huddersfield to sell me. Rovers are reportedly offering him £35,000 week. For a guy who has never played above lge 1 before, that is incredible.

What happens if he bombs in the championship next season? What if he gets a bad injury? This could be his only chance to ever earn this kind of money.

Archived