BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

i have a feeling he will be more than capable of cutting it at this level, his scotland under 21 career shows that

Not really. Maceo Rigters and Francis Jeffers scored goals at that level.

3 of Rhodes' 8 goals came against Luxembourg U21s - semi professionals.

One of his came against Holland where he played really well and scored after a minute.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know.. My girlfriend is good mates with Jordan I'll get her to ask him ha.

Not really sure how anyone could be mates with that clown though.

Get your missus on the blower to him and get him to start pushing for a move....the fans will love him, and treat him good!

Good player, easily ready for chumpionship and with the potential to play higher. obviously his Scottish heritage bodes well for his future but 6millions a lot.

Pity we didn't have 6m in Jan.

That is the bit , I do not understand .. We were delibrately relegated by our owners , who ever they maybe ...Now low and behold we are trying to sign players ..Most odd , I suspect when Sept 1st comes along our squad will not be good enough to stay up especially with kean as manager ...Expect a lot of departures and the odd incoming player ....

I would be amazed if Rhodes joined us from Huddersfield absolutely amazed ...

Here's a wild theory:

We had no money in Jan and next to bugger all in the summer as our owners had spunked the transfer budget laying down bets on the asian market for Rovers to go down. Now of course by laying down huge sums of dollar (Ronaldinho esq) in the summer they got great odds but alas we had to struggle through. Obviously that was the plan all along but now we're quids in as the bets have paid out and so now have dollar to wipe our arses with.

I'll wager banking in India helps.

As I said a theory, a bit of conjecture.

http://www.mirror.co...s-could-1206256

thought chaddy would of posted already its been online for couple of hours.

I can't see Huddersfield going for that as there is no chance Rovers will get promoted whilst Kean is still here. I would think it's going to have to be £6m or very close to it to land him.

He appears to have a lot of talent and potential but he is a major gamble, the sort of fee we are talking about and the wages involved is a lot for an unproven at this level player.

That is the bit , I do not understand .. We were delibrately relegated by our owners , who ever they maybe ...Now low and behold we are trying to sign players ..Most odd , I suspect when Sept 1st comes along our squad will not be good enough to stay up especially with kean as manager ...Expect a lot of departures and the odd incoming player ....

I would be amazed if Rhodes joined us from Huddersfield absolutely amazed ...

I think the Mirror article alluded to what could be the main reason.

Perhaps the owners single biggest mistake has been in the management structure at a senior level. Moving people on is not unusual after a take-over. Not replacing them is. Employees are replaceable. So is their ability to do a job. But loyalty and trust. Different matter.

I reckon that the fans saw John Williams, for example, as 'one of us'. His departure was possibly the biggest thing to happen to this club for a very long time imo. He was loyal to the club and fans and his job just disappeared.

So what? Well, he was a facilitator, wasn't he? He worked behind the scenes, was respected enough, to get players and managers here who kept us up there. I'm guessing he was instrumental in Hughes, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Bentley, Allardyce (who had even been recently rejected by the club) etc.

Difficult to replace that but it's vital an attempt is made to do so. Someone who is willing to put their necks on the line for better players, risk looking a gimp for not completing deals and making their mark by signing players who make the club look ambitious.

Step forward Shebby Singh. I reckon he could probably be the difference in this case. And whether he is likeable or hateful, personally, I don't care. Rhodes could be the moment when the more sceptical fans start to realise that Glen might be right. Though obviously, I could be completely wrong.

If he pulls off the deals, we'll see.

Rhodes was discussed on talksport the other day , with the possibility of going to Fulham or even Spurs ...

I think it was Matt Holland and someone else poss Cundy , ..The general feeling was a good player but not a lot of pace ! A gamble in other words.

Never seen the lad , so cannot comment on his ability ..

Blackburn Rovers are not going to be promoted , that is a pipe dream of epic proportions ...How are we going to afford him and Murphy next season ?

Rhodes was discussed on talksport the other day , with the possibility of going to Fulham or even Spurs ...

I think it was Matt Holland and someone else poss Cundy , ..The general feeling was a good player but not a lot of pace ! A gamble in other words.

Never seen the lad , so cannot comment on his ability ..

Blackburn Rovers are not going to be promoted , that is a pipe dream of epic proportions ...How are we going to afford him and Murphy next season ?

If that's true, then it explains why none of the big clubs have come in for him. Lack of pace for a striker is a big handicap especially when you go up the leagues. If he has no pace - and I don't know if he has, or hasn't - then he has to have exceptional technique.

If that's true, then it explains why none of the big clubs have come in for him. Lack of pace for a striker is a big handicap especially when you go up the leagues. If he has no pace - and I don't know if he has, or hasn't - then he has to have exceptional technique.

He isn`t that slow at all, nowhere near the Petrovic category at all !

Lack of pace for a striker is a big handicap especially when you go up the leagues.

Unless you're a "on the shoulder of the last man" merchant like Owen or Bellamy I think it's a lot more important to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Yakubu wasn't quick by any means but thrived in a poor side last season and Shearer lost most of his pace following his first knee injury at Rovers but compensated.

That said, I'll be astounded if we actually manage to land Rhodes.

Archived