BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

I'm still excited about the prospect of seeing this lad sign. He's a genuine goal machine, obviously it's a gamble, all signings are a gamble. Just hope there's enough left in the kitty to try to go for Billy Sharp as well. Not sure Southampton would let him go but if it's true they are after a couple of our players we might be able to do a deal.

However it's a gamble being weighed up by simpletons. Thankfully gambling entails an element of luck and even the sun shines on a dogs arse, so we may get lucky for a change.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mercerman your pessimism is beginning to bore the life out of people now.... Its draining! I have no idea of who you expect to sign? We are a 2nd toer team now! Weve signed 8 players? What more do you want??? Borinhell!!

Mercerman's been around long enough not to be swayed by fans who get excited because we've signed 8 players.

We had this kind of euphoria last season. Turned out well didn't it.

Truth is it's difficult to judge any player until they turn out in the blue and white halves.

Mercerman your pessimism is beginning to bore the life out of people now.... Its draining! I have no idea of who you expect to sign? We are a 2nd toer team now! Weve signed 8 players? What more do you want??? Borinhell!!

In fairness to Mercerman the majority of those eight have never played in English football before and after the struggles that Bruno, Formica, Rochina, Petrovic and Vukcevic have had it's not unreasonable to have doubts about how the lads signed from Portugal will do in their first season in England. Best is already out for the majority of the season and having watched the pre-season matches I think it's more realistic than pessimistic to suggest that much more needs to be done in building a squad that is likely to do well in the Championship.

In fairness to Mercerman the majority of those eight have never played in English football before and after the struggles that Bruno, Formica, Rochina, Petrovic and Vukcevic have had it's not unreasonable to have doubts about how the lads signed from Portugal will do in their first season in England. Best is already out for the majority of the season and having watched the pre-season matches I think it's more realistic than pessimistic to suggest that much more needs to be done in building a squad that is likely to do well in the Championship.

I agree with what you're saying Parson. It is entirely understandable to have doubts about the chances of these foreign lads hitting the ground running. However, if we were to pull off the Rhodes deal then i would say we would have a squad very capable of winning promotion. I honestly don't think that is too much of a problem. I also felt we had a squad capable of staying up last season too.

However, the problem lies in the management. Something either in the tactical or the preparation department is severely lacking. The players don't seem to be unhappy, but there doesn't seem to be any partnerships arising. You need to have these in all areas accross the pitch to be successful. I'm just not sure that Kean manages to unify his players. There is no sense of togetherness about the defence, midfield or attack. You want your key positions to be consistently playing together so they build an understanding and appreciation. With Murphy and Etuhu we might just manage this. But beyond those two we lack consistency in other areas. This is what bothers me about our pre-season this year. Kean should have identified his center back pairing and given them plenty of time together. Yes make changes during the game, but give your key partnerships as much time as possible. Kean seems to chop and change things too much, almost as if he's still undecided. There is no excuse for that, not at this stage.

I agree with what you're saying Parson. It is entirely understandable to have doubts about the chances of these foreign lads hitting the ground running. However, if we were to pull off the Rhodes deal then i would say we would have a squad very capable of winning promotion. I honestly don't think that is too much of a problem. I also felt we had a squad capable of staying up last season too.

However, the problem lies in the management. Something either in the tactical or the preparation department is severely lacking. The players don't seem to be unhappy, but there doesn't seem to be any partnerships arising. You need to have these in all areas accross the pitch to be successful. I'm just not sure that Kean manages to unify his players. There is no sense of togetherness about the defence, midfield or attack. You want your key positions to be consistently playing together so they build an understanding and appreciation. With Murphy and Etuhu we might just manage this. But beyond those two we lack consistency in other areas. This is what bothers me about our pre-season this year. Kean should have identified his center back pairing and given them plenty of time together. Yes make changes during the game, but give your key partnerships as much time as possible. Kean seems to chop and change things too much, almost as if he's still undecided. There is no excuse for that, not at this stage.

Hopefully with etuhu in front of what ever cb pairing then people will not just be able to stroll through our midfield at will givet and hanley will hopefully get more protection this year.

The likes of Bruno and Anderson certainly didn't cause Euphoria amongst fans Den. You'll also recall most people were pretty negative about the Yakubu signing.

Think the only one who really caused a bit of excitement was Scott Dann.

den, we didn't at any stage have 'euphoria' about signings in the build up to last season.

There were people on here who thought it was an exciting transfer window and that we were stronger than the season before.

People convince themselves that foreign players with exotic names are bound to be better than English ones they know well.

Bitter experience should tell us it isn't so.

amazing, i slate some of our signings and i get both barrels from everyone on here, mercerman slags of every signing and he gets a vote of sympathy. I am genuinely excited by the signing of rhodes, think he could go all the way under the right management.

• Backroom

I was optimistic about a few of our signings last summer... Vukcevic, Petrovic, Dann... 2/3 got the talent coached out of them by wee Stevie or weren't played, whilst the other is just an awful, awful player.

I don't think we will hear any news on Rhodes until Monday now

Easter Monday ? No chance of this happening a bit like me asking Suzanna Reid out !

Easter Monday ? No chance of this happening a bit like me asking Suzanna Reid out !

I would be excited by signings , if the person making the signings was competent in his profession !

Alas until Kean is removed as manager we have no such luxury .

Nicko's Sunday People article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-set-to-make-final-6m-1220048

IMO, we are signing and chasing mainly dross.

We had orgasmic posters last August singing the praises of Petro, Simon etc, posting team formations etc and hardly any fecker had seen them play !!!

Ribeiro, Anderson, Dann, Simon, Petro, Goodwillie, Slew, Modeste etc etc, need I go on ? Go on then, add those unqualified successes Rochina & Formica.

IMO, soon to be five washed-up / unproven Portugese, a 35 year old Murphy who I think has slagged us off in the past, and journeymen Best & Etuhu, both signed for big money wages and not insignificant fees.

Forgive me if I can't get excited or remain pessimistic buty I think we are seeing last season's history about to be repeated.

For those raving about Rhodes, I have two words - Andy Crawford - he scored goals for fun for Rovers at the same level as Rhodes did last season and he sunk without trace. IMO, if Rhodes comes here, it will be a disastous signing and I do not honestly think he will reach double figures.

Can we not sign some real achievers such as Ennis, Farah, Rutherford etc instead of, IMO, a load of overrated, over the hill and overpaid footballers who at best can be described as mediocre.

On the face of it this is pretty exciting. However, does anyone else get the feeling this fella is another one of those one club wonders, prolific at the club he makes his name but less than average elsewhere. Sorry to be constantly negative but I get the gut feeling that if this is real and not just a publicity smokescreen he will flop once he leave Hudders.

On the face of it this is pretty exciting. However, does anyone else get the feeling this fella is another one of those one club wonders, prolific at the club he makes his name but less than average elsewhere. Sorry to be constantly negative but I get the gut feeling that if this is real and not just a publicity smokescreen he will flop once he leave Hudders.

Our record of forwards from Hudders is appalling.

Can anyone remember that injury jinxed c/f Allan Gilliver (not sure if spelling correct) or that chicken of a winger called Hill (Brian I think).

Rhodes smashed goals in for fun last year in League 1, he will do the same in the championship. Had the step up been straight to prem then I would understand abit more of misery mans ramblings. The Championship isnt much different that the leading teams in league 1, so im sure he will do just fine..

Just hope we can get them to sell him to us for £6m! Get a feeling it wont be enough

Rhodes smashed goals in for fun last year in League 1, he will do the same in the championship. Had the step up been straight to prem then I would understand abit more of misery mans ramblings. The Championship isnt much different that the leading teams in league 1, so im sure he will do just fine..

Just hope we can get them to sell him to us for £6m! Get a feeling it wont be enough

Why is Rhodes different from Andy Crawford ?

And by the way, Crawford played in a superbly organised and managed team with Kendall at the helm.

Who is our manager now ?

Our record of forwards from Hudders is appalling.

Can anyone remember that injury jinxed c/f Allan Gilliver (not sure if spelling correct) or that chicken of a winger called Hill (Brian I think).

I think Stead worked out very well for us actually (not that it matters AT ALL what our previous track record signing from a club is...just like how Kevin Davies didn't turn out to be the next Alan Shearer). Helped keep us up, then moved on for a substantial profit.

I have no idea if he'll score goals at this level, nobody does. However it's worth noting how many teams recently have come up from league one and done well in the championship. Only have to look at the likes of Norwich, Southampton and Brighton. Maybe the difference between the two leagues isn't that great after all.

Archived