BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

Was chatting to a Brighton fan yesterday who pointed out that buying a league one prolific scorer doesn't always pay dividends........Craig Mackail-Smith. Also told me they are in for Lukaku on loan, who is reluctant, but after yesterday's 3-1 friendly win over a full strength Chelsea, could be a possibility. Apparently Brighton looked very very good.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if Huddersfield don't accept this offer then we should move for Simon Cox and look at bring in Jay Bothroyd on loan.

Rovers need to get a striker in asap. Season starts in less than 2 wks. whoever we sign need to be sign by end of this week so he can play against Cork City in the friendly, and at least play with his teammates in a game before the Ipswich game.

I suggested Lukaka as a loan option previously. Read that he wanted to remain in the top flight though and wouldn't consider a move to the lower leagues. Guess that's why he wasn't keen on Brighton. We really do need to be looking at the loan market though.

Rhodes smashed goals in for fun last year in League 1, he will do the same in the championship. Had the step up been straight to prem then I would understand abit more of misery mans ramblings. The Championship isnt much different that the leading teams in league 1, so im sure he will do just fine..

Just hope we can get them to sell him to us for £6m! Get a feeling it wont be enough

His finishing was very good for Huddersfield, my main concern, when you look at his goals, are that he does tend to run in straight lines, this does make it easier to defend against but the fact is, for the last three years they havent managed to defend against him so he really must have something and Shearer got many goals from running in straight lines!!

Another point, he's only 22 and he has been hitting 20 goals plusper season from being 19, thats some going!!

Just a point here, strange Birmingham havent gone in for him!!!

Why is Rhodes different from Andy Crawford ?

And by the way, Crawford played in a superbly organised and managed team with Kendall at the helm.

Who is our manager now ?

Kendall's team was very well organised - but hardly prolific at creating chances.

I think you are being harsh about our signings so far - Murphy, Best and Etuhu could easily still be playing the Premiership. You have to remember we are a Championship side now - and to be honest I would have been moderately happy with them as signings if we were still in the Premiership. The rest are gambles - especially Gomes IMO - but all have shown enough individually in pre-season to give some hope.

Rhodes - i think he is over priced - but strikers always are, he has scored goals at League 2, 1 and International U21 level - can he make the next step, who knows. But if he scores even half the number of goals he did last season - and gets us promoted it will be money well spent.

For those raving about Rhodes, I have two words - Andy Crawford - he scored goals for fun for Rovers at the same level as Rhodes did last season and he sunk without trace. IMO, if Rhodes comes here, it will be a disastous signing and I do not honestly think he will reach double figures.

Was chatting to a Brighton fan yesterday who pointed out that buying a league one prolific scorer doesn't always pay dividends........Craig Mackail-Smith. Also told me they are in for Lukaku on loan, who is reluctant, but after yesterday's 3-1 friendly win over a full strength Chelsea, could be a possibility. Apparently Brighton looked very very good.

There are exceptions to every rule.....I would wager that there were more strikers who scored goals in league 1 that did in in the C'ship than ones who didn't.

On the face of it this is pretty exciting. However, does anyone else get the feeling this fella is another one of those one club wonders, prolific at the club he makes his name but less than average elsewhere. Sorry to be constantly negative but I get the gut feeling that if this is real and not just a publicity smokescreen he will flop once he leave Hudders.

I think I read that he went on loan at Brentford, played 14 times and won their player of the season. He has also been good when playing for Scotland U21's.

Just a point here, strange Birmingham havent gone in for him!!!

Aren't they skint?

Huddersfield fans think we are a step sideways? :blink:

They have just come from leauge 1 and not the premiership right?

We are often underrated by opposition fans in that respect. And Norwich fans said Lambert going to Villa was a sideways step :blink:

Can't understand how some posters are creaming themselves over a third division striker.

There are quite a few players to start their careers at a low level. Joe Hart springs to mind but people gave quite a few examples a few weeks/months ago.

The interesting thing I've heard is that the player is keen as mustard to come to Ewood Park, but it's all down to the Huddersfield chairman now.

The promise of a basic £25/30k a week with add-ons for goals and performances probably helps to make Rhodes' mind up...

If Rhodes does come on a reputed £30k per week I really hope that the club have the good sense to insert a relegation clause in his contract. The same applies to Murphy, Best and Etuhu.

They are really speculating on the future of Blackburn Rovers by handing out these contracts on massive money.

Archived