BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless we can get a bid accept by Wednesday for Rhodes then we have to move on to our next target whoever that is.

I would move for either Simon Cox or Billy Sharp or DJ Campbell

Do Rovers have a plan B/next target incase our bid for Rhodes isn't accept by them???

I thought it was widely accepted that we had submitted a second bid. Could these rejection stories be related to the first £3m + £2m add ons?

I appreciate that Huddersfield are well financed, but i think £6m would be enough. If we pay more we are crazy. Crazy i tells ya!!

Unless we can get a bid accept by Wednesday for Rhodes then we have to move on to our next target whoever that is.

I would move for either Simon Cox or Billy Sharp or DJ Campbell

Do Rovers have a plan B/next target incase our bid for Rhodes isn't accept by them???

only explanation I can think as to why Kean has gone public is to unrest the player

Theoretically it's possible that it was to unsettle the player, but that would kinda make sense, therefore effectively rendering it completely implausible.

Rhodes would be a future player.

DJ Campbell is gash, little upstart and how would a 32 yr old next year fair in the prem...hopefully?

Billy Sharp if he cant get int the southampton team then whats he going to do again next year?

Cox Wasn't even great for wba in the chump league.

Fraizer Campbell and Jay Bothroyd on loan is Rhodes is a no go

Cardiff have just signed the center forward we should have. Heider Helguson.

He's a great target man who would have allowed the mass of supporting players we have to really shine. He has always managed a decent return at this level and would have cost peanuts. I'm all for signing Rhodes because he is as sure a bet for the future as there can be. By that i mean, he has the credentials to go on and perform at a level above where we are now whilst still doing the business this season. But we have missed a trick by not bagging Helguson for the here and now.

Dave Kitson just been released by portsmouth, would be solid cover as a strong target man for Best whilst hes out and hes over 30 with a drink driving conviction so would fit in.

Agree. Not someone i rate, but is proven at this level and would be a decent target man.

Although i must admit, i've not heard anyone at the club say we need a target man. I watched Best as a youngster at Southampton and i have to say, he wasn't a target man by any means. Maybe his game has adapted, but it worries me that we all (the common sense mongers) think we signed Best as a target man and as a result expect one as a replacement. But the tactical genius that is Kean may think otherwise. Its for this exact reason i worry that Kazim Richards could well be the replacement up top. Which would completely nullify his threat.

Kean has gone public to try to turn the lads head, fairly common practice if it's looking like a bid will be turned down. Rhodes will be aware of the wages on offer at rovers and will obviously be tempted, he could make this happen if he wants it enough.

I don't think we've heard the end of it yet.

Archived