BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there going to be putting in a formal bid then huddersfield must have said "look give us x amount and you can talk to him". isnt that the idea with asking before putting in a bid, to see if they will sell and if the player fancies it, if there going for if then i can see us getting him.

if rovers are planning to put a bid in soon for rhodes then surely the lad himself must have shown some interest in coming!

I have no idea how transfers work but Andy Cryer has reported today that informal talks have taken place so unless this is a PR stunt I am hoping that we have a real chance with this one.

Regardless who the manager, owners, PR man etc.. is at the club I think this lad is a real talent and it would fantastic if we could sign him.

Trying not to get hopes up though until Kamy says so.

Exciting to see us go for such a player, albeit unproven at the highest level, he has undoubted potential.

I'd be even more excited if we had done what needed to be done, in getting of that plonker Kean.

A legit manager at the start of the season with one of the hottest young prospects up front? Now THAT would be worth looking forward to.

Don't see him coming here however, from his point of view he;d surely realise the turmoil the clubs is in ..... unless the wages are stupid of course.

Don't see him coming here however, from his point of view he;d surely realise the turmoil the clubs is in ..... unless the wages are stupid of course.

I doubt he has many other options apart from waiting until his contract runs out. The price Huddersfield are asking for will surely scare most clubs away, only the most desperate would even attempt some sort of offer.

It is a lot to pay given the levels he has played at

It's far too much, it's so risky. He's only scored goals in League One.

In 122 games, he has scored 71 goals.

Billy Sharp scored 53 in 82 games in the same division and has never become more than £1-2 million player.

Just waiting for the fried chicken to be taken out of the deep fat fryer, the bid will be Goodwillie + a Venkys Bargain Bucket

:D

In all seriousness it would be great if we could shift them a couple of our fringe/surplus to requirement players.

Le Chuck - there's no chance it would be £6 million upfront. Probably heavily dependant on us going up etc.

so the questions sill remains, where does the money come from now? An why are they suddenly willing to let the clown spend it when the couldn't bother in while we were still in the Premier League? When all promises have been broken and all goal missed by a couple of thousand miles, now's the time to spend?

KEAN OUT! VENKY'S OUT!

Le Chuck - there's no chance it would be £6 million upfront. Probably heavily dependant on us going up etc.

Probably. But £35k a week is probably the most frightening part.

What if he turns out not to be good enough at this level? We'd be stuck with him on that wage for 4 years.

so the questions sill remains, where does the money come from now? An why are they suddenly willing to let the clown spend it when the couldn't bother in while we were still in the Premier League? When all promises have been broken and all goal missed by a couple of thousand miles, now's the time to spend?

KEAN OUT! VENKY'S OUT!

Probably something to do with what has been handed over to the PL & FA about Venkys from the BRAG etc etc and they are pooing themselves

i have a feeling he will be more than capable of cutting it at this level, his scotland under 21 career shows that

Not really. Maceo Rigters and Francis Jeffers scored goals at that level.

3 of Rhodes' 8 goals came against Luxembourg U21s - semi professionals.

Probably. But £35k a week is probably the most frightening part.

What if he turns out not to be good enough at this level? We'd be stuck with him on that wage for 4 years.

It is a risk but all signings are. Just look at Best who has backfired badly. He's had injury problems to his knees in the past and we signed him for £3 million at 35k pw.

Just as an aside I have many friends who are Yeovil fans so they've seen a lot of Rhodes and they're convinved he'll be a big premier league player in years to come.

Archived