BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bruno Ribeiro

Stuart

I hate to say it but one and a half games in, including a man of the match award today, this guy is fast becoming my favourite player.

Not sure about Dennis Irwin but he kind of reminds me of a young Brazilian Jeff Kenna!

Guilty pleasure for anyone else?

If he's that good and better than the rest of the players at full back we currently have, we could have done with him last season. Which deluded prick decided to not play him for whatever godforsaken reason.

He started at right full back with Lowe on the wing. During the second half he and Lowe switched with Bruno pushing further forward.

Towards the end of the game he seemed to move inside more almost as a forward. The fact he was all over the right had side of the pitch is probably what got him the MoM.

He was probably shown as a forward because he was number 32 though. Maybe Setanta had everyone listed in numerical order?

Bruno started his career as a winger in Brazil and was then converted to a full back.

He's a steadly little player when he plays at the back and has a bit of skill and intent when he's played further forwards.

A pleasing surprise, all in all.

Too early to make an informed decision. Today he played full back behind Lowe in the first half.

Second half they swapped places and both players seemed to improve.

I like the look of Ribeiro and would like to see more of him.

But, then again, I think the same about Simon Vukcevic...............And just where is he??

• Backroom

I like him but thought he was decent when I saw him last year at morecambe and Pune

He's a tryer and that's what will really make the fans take to him

I hate to say it but one and a half games in, including a man of the match award today, this guy is fast becoming my favourite player.

Not sure about Dennis Irwin but he kind of reminds me of a young Brazilian Jeff Kenna!

Guilty pleasure for anyone else?

I thought more of an old Alan Wright :) I was a bit surprised how good he was, maybe they thought he was too lightweight for the premier.

I thought more of an old Alan Wright :) I was a bit surprised how good he was, maybe they thought he was too lightweight for the premier.

He lacks pace but I think he makes up for it with effort. I like him.

Bruno was always going to look good once the club tumbled to his level

Thats the easy way out. We signed Bruno from the Brazilian 2nd division. Not many would have compared that level to Championship level. I'm not saying the bloke is a world beater or advocating that he should have played last year. However, many people have ridiculed him as being a fake ( i probably did too). The fact is he signed undr dubious circumstances, but he did want to make it and it would seem, he has deserved his chance. Good luck to him i say.

Archived