BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hanley looks chunky!

A bit unfair calling him a crap professional because you find his training top isn't too flattering

In my opinion he is. He's been out injured for a bit hasn't he? He looks like he's put a bit on. He's been seen out on the lash with Goodwille. IF he has been on the ale or has had a bad diet whilst injured,then no wonder he's looking a little plump. Also drinking whilst injured should be a big no no. It could effect the recovery time.

Fitness has definitely been an issue under the current two-bob regime, as it was under the almost equally incompetent Ince.

Too many players at 70% and 80% fitness and some (Robbo, Yakubu, Hoilett, Hanley, Dunn) who have been, quite frankly, overweight.

A professional footballer, with the facilities at their disposal, being overweight is criminal and shows a lack of professionalism, definitely.

As a female, I think I'm maybe a bit more sensitive to this than fellas - in my eyes the majority of players' waistlines have increased under Steve Brent's regime. And certain backsides are steadily becoming Nathan Blake-esque. Not good.

I wonder what training actually consists of? A massive game of tig followed by a tunnelball competition,or something equally absurd!

Hanley has a body of a central defender. He may have gained a little but I think he did have some injuries during the summer. Our second halves show well the lack of fitness. Sitting down is Kean´s stupidity but also lack of fitness. How many last 15 mins goals did we concede last season?

Quality as well as fitness.

Hanley needed to bulk up a little in my opinion, however muscle bulking is a bit different to what is being inferred here.

To me although I beleive Dunny is ripped, but he's too bulky to me.he could lose muscle easily and be fit, and more mobile.

Quality as well as fitness.

Hanley needed to bulk up a little in my opinion, however muscle bulking is a bit different to what is being inferred here.

To me although I beleive Dunny is ripped, but he's too bulky to me.he could lose muscle easily and be fit, and more mobile.

The game has moved on a lot since the days of 'bulked up' players. There is far more requirement now for athleticism and speed in the modern game. Most of the top quality defenders are slim but still retain core strength. I didn't see Hanley but if he is looking heavy I think it will be down to the regime at Ewood. Several players during the slimeballs reign have looked overweight and lethargic whereas under previous managers they looked more athletic.

Just saw a report from SSN about the Scotland match. It showed a clip of the Scottish bench and jeez Hanley looks chunky. Probably too many bevvies and kebabs with Goodwille. Another great proffessional in our ranks.

Not surprised with Kean's obvious lack of fitness training. The difference in the physiques and fitness of the players under a manager like Hughes compared to Kean is ridiculous.

Interesting this fitness thing keeps coming up. In the Leeds game thread several have commented on Robbo's lack of fitness.

Forget being a manager I'm not sure Kean's all that as a coach if he can't even get the team to a decent level of fitness. Makes you wonder how he's lasted in the game.

Interesting this fitness thing keeps coming up. In the Leeds game thread several have commented on Robbo's lack of fitness.

Forget being a manager I'm not sure Kean's all that as a coach if he can't even get the team to a decent level of fitness. Makes you wonder how he's lasted in the game.

by being an ass licker, that's why he's always got a sh1t eating grin

Great manager?????

I did of course not mean to imply that Kean is a great manager (it would take serious amounts of LSD for me to even consider uttering something like that), just that being unfit is hardly a sign of lacking professionalism or skill as a football manager.

I did of course not mean to imply that Kean is a great manager (it would take serious amounts of LSD for me to even consider uttering something like that), just that being unfit is hardly a sign of lacking professionalism or skill as a football manager.

True. Ferguson and Allardyce are two who spring to mind in poor shape but good manager.

That said, everything around the club is so shambolic i would easily believe fitness training is not up to scratch.

Archived