BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Booing Players

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Other clubs don't boo their players just because they're not playing well. How is it meant to help?

I don't agree with boo-ing players just for not playing well. But in Murphy's case he came to us with the attitude that he was playing a level below his ability, yet he's been one of the worst players on the pitch in every game. He's meant to be captain and should be sorting out our 'anxiety' as Black calls it by leading by example. To top that he's probably our highest paid player and has previously slagged off the club. If his wife's Twitter comments are accurate, they live in a dream world where she actually thinks he has been playing well. From what people have said and Dunny has hinted that some of the other players are less than happy with Murphy's effort so far.

So I was glad he got booed if it helped get him dropped.

But now I say 'Don't boo' and lets see if he is improved.

NZonzi was equally infuriating. I never boo'd him but felt like it on many occasions. The difference was that NZonzi had a really cool foreign name hur-hur-hur.

Murphy....HA! If that was 'hungry' then Dunny's Brazilian. He's underperformed on and off the ball all season. As I said, given his remarks about us, fans have every right to boo him regardless of how he plays tbh. He slags us off, we have a right to slag him off.

I see you're not the type capable of rising above then. Sounds about right.

People say things about other clubs all the time. Fergie has said plenty down the years but would you turn him down as manager? As for the performance side of things, he was looking for the ball and not doing well when he had it. Hopefully things will change, but what won't make that change is booing him.

are you saying, that only brfc fans boo players?

It happens, I remember Eboue (can't remember the spelling) getting it at Arsenal. I think he was brought on, then brought off again. But it was big news at the time and Arsenal deservedly got a lot of flack for it. The thing is though, Rovers fans appear to be doing it more and more, for different people, for different reasons. That doesn't happen at any other clubs, as far as i'm aware. i may be wrong. Someone will have to let me know.

People say things about other clubs all the time. Fergie has said plenty down the years but would you turn him down as manager? As for the performance side of things, he was looking for the ball and not doing well when he had it. Hopefully things will change, but what won't make that change is booing him.

It happens, I remember Eboue (can't remember the spelling) getting it at Arsenal. I think he was brought on, then brought off again. But it was big news at the time and Arsenal deservedly got a lot of flack for it. The thing is though, Rovers fans appear to be doing it more and more, for different people, for different reasons. That doesn't happen at any other clubs, as far as i'm aware. i may be wrong. Someone will have to let me know.

ahhh yes, once again braddosk trying to make brfc fans the worst of the worst.

players are being booed at almost every club at top level, when their team is performing like kean. I´ve seen it first hand in denmark numerous times, i´ve seen it and heard it many times on tv, when i´ve wacthed leagues all over europe and i´ve read articles/books about how rough and tough it was for some danish players, getting used to the hardcore pressure of playing abroad. Fans would approach them on the streets and tell them straight to their faces, how bad the team or they played.

brush up on fans reaction in turkey, greece, italy, holland, eastern europe, i´ve probably left out a few countries, but when you´ve read a bit about how they treat players, then come back to me and tell me the brits and espeacially how little balckburn, have the worst of the worst fans.

There were some really nasty, moronic, unhelpful things shouted by some truly squalid pondlife in the Blackburn End last night. A few guys near me were dressed in tracksuits and looking they were a cross between benefit scroungers and mental asylum escapees. Some of the stuff they came out with about Kirkland, Murphy, black players was beyond contempt.

Its a strange one because I don't recall such scum always being a part of our fanbase, it feels like its arisen the last few years. But that's probably not the case. Maybe before that there were more fans wanting to get behind the team which drowned the morons out. Now 90% of our support just sit in silence most of the game, even the goal only prompted about 5-10 seconds of singing.

ahhh yes, once again braddosk trying to make brfc fans the worst of the worst.

players are being booed at almost every club at top level, when their team is performing like kean. I´ve seen it first hand in denmark numerous times, i´ve seen it and heard it many times on tv, when i´ve wacthed leagues all over europe and i´ve read articles/books about how rough and tough it was for some danish players, getting used to the hardcore pressure of playing abroad. Fans would approach them on the streets and tell them straight to their faces, how bad the team or they played.

brush up on fans reaction in turkey, greece, italy, holland, eastern europe, i´ve probably left out a few countries, but when you´ve read a bit about how they treat players, then come back to me and tell me the brits and espeacially how little balckburn, have the worst of the worst fans.

I do apologise, I was talking about English clubs, as that is all I have experience of, and that is what we are. I should have specified. I'm grateful we aren't at the level that some other clubs around the world are. Just look at some South American teams.

I don't think we have the worst fans in the country, all things considered. We certainly aren't anywhere near the best fans in the country though, collectively. Of course there are a majority of good fans here, as there are at any club.

I'd say we have a decent percentage of poor fans though at the moment, when compared to a lot of other clubs. It's down to circumstances of course, but they've got to take accountability for their own actions at some point instead of just throwing their toys out at any opportunity.

There were some really nasty, moronic, unhelpful things shouted by some truly squalid pondlife in the Blackburn End last night. A few guys near me were dressed in tracksuits and looking they were a cross between benefit scroungers and mental asylum escapees. Some of the stuff they came out with about Kirkland, Murphy, black players was beyond contempt.

Its a strange one because I don't recall such scum always being a part of our fanbase, it feels like its arisen the last few years. But that's probably not the case. Maybe before that there were more fans wanting to get behind the team which drowned the morons out. Now 90% of our support just sit in silence most of the game, even the goal only prompted about 5-10 seconds of singing.

As far as I could tell, our first proper song outside of the goal was for Dunn when he got substituted. Considering the start of the game saw the best period of football I've seen us play all season, it was depressing how little the crowd responded passed a few targeted claps for obvious things. But there were no claps for anything that wasn't obvious, decent tackles in useful positions, good runs etc. I'm talking the first 25 minutes here btw, the crowd came round a bit later on (when we were playing worse, bizarrely) and we got some claps for forcing the ball back to the keeper and some of Lowe's excellent chasing down.

I'd say we have a decent percentage of poor fans though at the moment, when compared to a lot of other clubs.

any evidence to back this up, or are you just making things up, as you go along.?

just a quick glance through this thread and one word seems to mentioned an awful lot and thats minority, So basically we are dealing with a minority and call me shebby if im wrong, such a minority is present at every club.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/tottenham_hotspur/119664/chelsea-fans-boo-during-minutes-silence-for-hillsborough-at-wembley.html you think these mental midgets would think twice about boing their own players.?

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-united-striker-facing-reality-of-being-booed-by-own-fa?xg_source=activity here we have the most succesfull english club EVER and as such they should have nothing to boo about.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/booing-robin-van-persie-eye-witness-videos-show-arsenal-fans-cheering-their-dutch-striker/ here we have the teams most valuable player being booed, so i guess the arsenal thing with eboue wasnt a one time thing,

this took me 2 minutes to google braddock and there are lots more.

any evidence to back this up, or are you just making things up, as you go along.?

just a quick glance through this thread and one word seems to mentioned an awful lot and thats minority, So basically we are dealing with a minority and call me shebby if im wrong, such a minority is present at every club.

http://www.whoateall...at-wembley.html you think these mental midgets would think twice about boing their own players.?

http://sportwitness....source=activity here we have the most succesfull english club EVER and as such they should have nothing to boo about.

http://www.101greatg...-dutch-striker/ here we have the teams most valuable player being booed, so i guess the arsenal thing with eboue wasnt a one time thing,

this took me 2 minutes to google braddock and there are lots more.

No, I said 'I'd say', which clearly means it's not something that I had gone to a laboratory to work out.

As for those examples, I've already said other fans have booed their players - see above with Eboue. I'm talking about fans who regularly boo their own players, different ones, in however long it has been since Keith Andrews started getting stick. Our booing has gone a long way before that, but it's intensified a lot since that specific player.

you keep moving the goal posts braddock.

intensified according to you.! once again, numerous other posters have stated, that it is a few fans, nothing more and nothing less. The same pattern goes on at every club, the masses identify a weakness and not long after, some will start to boo, as they are fed up with said person performances. Its human nature braddock, its in our dna to dislike weakness.

It happens all over europe, it happens in africa, it happens in america(other sports though) south america too and are you trying to tell me, that its only happening at ewwod park in all of england.?

you are a drama queen. trying to make a spectacle out small things.

• Backroom

People say things about other clubs all the time. Fergie has said plenty down the years but would you turn him down as manager? As for the performance side of things, he was looking for the ball and not doing well when he had it.

He was looking for the ball? We obviously watch different games. Murphy's outburst towards us was unwarranted and without reason. Anything Fergie has said about us has been either mind games or actually very sensible. And being honest, I would turn Fergie down as we'd be a mere afterthought anyway.

Murphys comments alluded to 'Teams like Blackburn, Stoke and Wolves should be barred from the Premier League for playing too aggressively'.

A: Nothing wrong with getting in the oppo's face.

B: He got sly, nowty tackles in throughout his career.

C: Implies he's above the Championship and above the club.

D: He's our highest paid player, but (as we've seen) puts in virtually no effort and when he DOES get the ball he pisses it to the oppo.

E: He's our captain, but shows NO signs of being a captain whatsoever. Even Barry Ferguson showed more captain-like qualities than Murphy has so far.

All that contributes to why people are booing him. And (imo) rightly so. This is the FIRST time I have condoned booing a player, may I add. I have wanted to in the past, but never have. In Murphy's case however, I fully understand why fans would boo him.

you keep moving the goal posts braddock.

intensified according to you.! once again, numerous other posters have stated, that it is a few fans, nothing more and nothing less. The same pattern goes on at every club, the masses identify a weakness and not long after, some will start to boo, as they are fed up with said person performances. Its human nature braddock, its in our dna to dislike weakness.

It happens all over europe, it happens in africa, it happens in america(other sports though) south america too and are you trying to tell me, that its only happening at ewwod park in all of england.?

you are a drama queen. trying to make a spectacle out small things.

It has intensified. And as far as I'm aware it is only happening at Ewood Park where it is happening consistently, for numerous players week in week out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

He was looking for the ball? We obviously watch different games. Murphy's outburst towards us was unwarranted and without reason. Anything Fergie has said about us has been either mind games or actually very sensible. And being honest, I would turn Fergie down as we'd be a mere afterthought anyway.

Murphys comments alluded to 'Teams like Blackburn, Stoke and Wolves should be barred from the Premier League for playing too aggressively'.

A: Nothing wrong with getting in the oppo's face.

B: He got sly, nowty tackles in throughout his career.

C: Implies he's above the Championship and above the club.

D: He's our highest paid player, but (as we've seen) puts in virtually no effort and when he DOES get the ball he pisses it to the oppo.

E: He's our captain, but shows NO signs of being a captain whatsoever. Even Barry Ferguson showed more captain-like qualities than Murphy has so far.

All that contributes to why people are booing him. And (imo) rightly so. This is the FIRST time I have condoned booing a player, may I add. I have wanted to in the past, but never have. In Murphy's case however, I fully understand why fans would boo him.

So Murphy's comments couldn't have been mind games? Mourinho has alluded to the same things about us in the past, as has Petr Cech. Would you not have those?

As for his performances, he's been poor but he has looked to receive the ball, even though what he has done with it hasn't been good. He did a decent enough job last night. He's getting paid a lot, but I think he's trying his hardest (and playing poorly) so I can only be disappointed about that. But not boo the player for it.

• Backroom

So Murphy's comments couldn't have been mind games? Mourinho has alluded to the same things about us in the past, as has Petr Cech. Would you not have those?

As for his performances, he's been poor but he has looked to receive the ball, even though what he has done with it hasn't been good. He did a decent enough job last night. He's getting paid a lot, but I think he's trying his hardest (and playing poorly) so I can only be disappointed about that. But not boo the player for it.

Petr Cech and Mourinho were in response to a game in which we physically dominated them and WERE overly aggressive against a far superior team. Wasn't it the game where Dickov went in after Cech saved a pen and Mokoena broke Robben's ankle? Fair game to make those quotes then imo.

Murphy's comments came randomly in the middle of the season with no Fulham game in sight. He also attacked Stoke and Wolves with his statement. He was basically saying the game shouldn't be as full of fouls and high tackles as it is, but there was no need whatsoever to name names.

As for the second part of your post, that's your opinion and I have to respect that. Can't really 'prove' you wrong, we just see it slightly differently.

Petr Cech and Mourinho were in response to a game in which we physically dominated them and WERE overly aggressive against a far superior team. Wasn't it the game where Dickov went in after Cech saved a pen and Mokoena broke Robben's ankle? Fair game to make those quotes then imo.

Murphy's comments came randomly in the middle of the season with no Fulham game in sight. He also attacked Stoke and Wolves with his statement. He was basically saying the game shouldn't be as full of fouls and high tackles as it is, but there was no need whatsoever to name names.

As for the second part of your post, that's your opinion and I have to respect that. Can't really 'prove' you wrong, we just see it slightly differently.

Dickov was fine to go for the ball with that rebound. Cech claimed he'd ripped his stomach out (or some other part of his body, can't remember). Cech was rolling around without good cause. As for the Mokoena challenge I can't say I remember it as I don't have anything to say on it. Can't remember if it was malicious.

I can't see Murphy's comments being anything other than frustration or mind games. Certainly not malicious. I disagree with him naturally, but then footballers talk crap most of the time so it's hardly something to hold a huge grudge about.

braddock

It has intensified. And as far as I'm aware it is only happening at Ewood Park where it is happening consistently, for numerous players week in week out. Correct me if I'm wrong

the majority on here has spoken and stated its only a few. Perhaps it has gotten worse, but is there a reason for that.? kean owners.? kean manager? kean performances.? oh i forgot, its the fans fault.

as far as you are aware, thats not saying much is it. Please tell my why it happens all over europe, in africa, south america, the states, but the brits are immune to it, well except those who go to ewood park.? .

correct you if you are wrong.. I´ve just given you multiple reason as to why it would be highly unlikely, that it only happening at ewood park.I could tell you all day that 2-2=4, but if your mind is set on 5, not even god himself could persuade you.

the majority on here has spoken and stated its only a few. Perhaps it has gotten worse, but is there a reason for that.? kean owners.? kean manager? kean performances.? oh i forgot, its the fans fault.

as far as you are aware, thats not saying much is it. Please tell my why it happens all over europe, in africa, south america, the states, but the brits are immune to it, well except those who go to ewood park.? .

correct you if you are wrong.. I´ve just given you multiple reason as to why it would be highly unlikely, that it only happening at ewood park.I could tell you all day that 2-2=4, but if your mind is set on 5, not even god himself could persuade you.

It has intensified. It was quite high with Andrews, fell down a bit when it was players like Roberts and Pedersen but has intensified with Murphy. This is true.

It is not consistently happening elsewhere to my knowledge and I'm unsure why we have a bit of a difference in this country when it comes to consistency. Maybe we've dealt with hooliganism well. We were notorious as a nation in the past (still pretty much are when it comes to our fans going abroad) but when it comes to home games, we don't have the same problems with booing our own players as other nations. We do have other problems, and other countries around Europe will probably be better when it comes to this, but there are worse countries. I'm merely talking about consistently booing your own players in this country. I had originally not specified that I was talking about this country, but since you pulled it up I've clarified.

It feels like you are trying to tell me that 2-2=4. my mind would not be set on 5 for that equation.

If the majority have said it's only a few then I'd disagree. it might be where I'm sat (Blackburn End Upper), but it was not a few.

what nonsense.

so you have a history of not booing in england, but that exact history doesnt involve rovers fans.?

something thats human nature and is happening across the globe, coincidentally this is also happening at ewood park and yet you claim its only at ewwod its happening in all of england??? Can you not see how highly unlikey that is, you dont have to have been to every stadium in the world to process the thoughts, you just have to use commmon sense.

Dickov was fine to go for the ball with that rebound. Cech claimed he'd ripped his stomach out (or some other part of his body, can't remember). Cech was rolling around without good cause. As for the Mokoena challenge I can't say I remember it as I don't have anything to say on it. Can't remember if it was malicious.

I don't think Dickov did have a right to go for it.....if I recall Cech had already gathered the ball and Dickov was just frustrated with missing the pen.

The challenge on Robben from The Axe was pretty malicious as well I think.....but he was the best player on the pitch until that point and we needed to find another way of hindering his performance.

It was a pretty dirty game as well.....but they gave as good as they got.....and I think I remember the scumbag Terry grabbing a couple of our players around the throat......I think Savage had a good game as well that night.

Totally agree,

Darwen Enders?

I sit in the darwen end and yes some of the stuff sang is cringeworthy to say the least however the blackburn end was awful last night. They might singh kean but these darwen enders as you call us atleast create some sort of atmosphere. Even through all the kean with kean the atmosphere in that stand has been good. Can't wait to get back among the benefit cheats on sat and sing the blues

• Backroom

The pillock at the back of the Blackburn End who abused Peds whilst he was warming up brought a sense of warmth to me. We really have some gems amongst our support at the moment.

What a tosser he was, shouted Pedersen and when he looked in the general direction launched a tirade of abuse at him

The booing of Murphy as he entered the field was an absolute disgrace. I was actually ashamed of the section of our support - no wonder there is so much division amongst the fans.

There has been an undercurrent for years. Since Jack Walker bought the club Sherwood was the first to cop for it . There has been at least one hate figure fabricated every year.

The most cringeworthy moment last night was knob head corner chanting "who fell over" and "you soft bastrd" towards Kirkland.

Whilst not in any way excusing the LUFC @#/? they did have a point. Big girls blouse that Kirkland. What was he trying to do.... get the fan red carded?

Archived