BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Booing Players

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many noticed which players went straight down the tunnel after the game last night? I noticed two specifically. Murphy, who was booed and Etuhu, who one could imagine is a friend of Murphy's. The booing of Murphy may not affect Murphy alone.

Murphy's comments came randomly in the middle of the season with no Fulham game in sight. He also attacked Stoke and Wolves with his statement. He was basically saying the game shouldn't be as full of fouls and high tackles as it is, but there was no need whatsoever to name names.

Some throwaway comment made years ago and you still hold it against him? Get a bloody life! Not doing much for the small northern town attitude stereotype.

Even Diouf and Warnock can forgive and forget, and they're prize bellends. Doesn't bode well for the booers, does it?

Why do you keep bumping your own thread . Sad .

I bump it before home games, as they are games that I can attend and can therefore safely comment on.

I feel it is an important issue at the club at the moment and one that is systematic of some of the problems we have.

There's no reason to keep it fresh in our minds to see if it is being eradicated, and even see if there is any consistency to those who do boo.

It's not unusual that something i have an interest in and feel should be discussed and so therefore made a thread about, would be something that i might comment on before and after a game myself, or when others have made comments. It would be unusual if I didn't.

Do you follow?

• Backroom

Some throwaway comment made years ago and you still hold it against him? Get a bloody life! Not doing much for the small northern town attitude stereotype.

Even Diouf and Warnock can forgive and forget, and they're prize bellends. Doesn't bode well for the booers, does it?

By that logic I'm not a bellend ;) but I can assure you I am. The comment was not 'throwaway' in my mind. He deliberately attacked 3 clubs in an 'exclusive' article with no game in sight.

Forgive me for not particularly liking the guy. And for the record I have never booed any player. But others booing Murphy is fine by me for the reasons I've repeatedly given.

There are many footballers I don't like and wouldn't have them here, for a variety of reasons.

Do you follow?

Why do you accuse people of violence and put yourself on the "super fan" pedastal yet alls you do is try and wind people up so they snap? Do you have a cheap thrill from it ? If you have Kleenex near you try x hamster dude they cater for everyone's taste.

Why do you accuse people of violence and put yourself on the "super fan" pedastal yet alls you do is try and wind people up so they snap? Do you have a cheap thrill from it ? If you have Kleenex near you try x hamster dude they cater for everyone's taste.

You really need to let that go.

Good job you're immune to such baiting, Abbey. :D

Murphy comes on to boos and then plays a part in the goal

I take it the boo boys would prefer it if he didn't come on and it finished 0-0?

There are all sorts of reasons why Murphy is not at all popular.

The supporters are not fools and all employed by BRFC should remember that.

• Backroom

I think you are giving some too much credit there personally

No need to be so cryptic. Unless, of course, that's because you don't have any real substance so it's easier to sound mysterious.

It's only a small section that boo Murphy, but that small section are definitely fools. Actually fools is polite, they're complete morons.

No need to be so cryptic. Unless, of course, that's because you don't have any real substance so it's easier to sound mysterious.

It's only a small section that boo Murphy, but that small section are definitely fools. Actually fools is polite, they're complete morons.

From the JW upper it sounds much more than a small section.

I'm aware of two reasons - his past media comments about Rovers and his diabolical performances this season. I think Murphy has an awful lot to do if he is to win the fans round. It may be untrue but he gives the impression he doesn't care and our two matches without him have improved the midfield.

On Wednesday my reaction to his appearance was to shout "Oh no not him" which was, I feel, a general shout of disapproval. Booing the player achieves nothing.

CKR should not have been booed and I can't recall ever hearing a missed penalty booed before.

CKR should not have been booed and I can't recall ever hearing a missed penalty booed before.

I don't think his actions in grabbing the ball, brushing Rhodes aside and effectively insisting that he take it helped him now did it? In fairness he didn't miss per sae it but rather missed cos his back foot shot from under him just before he struck the ball...... but then in fairness I deemed it ball to hand anyway. Actually I was quite suprised the ref gave it cos he seemed to favour Watford all afternoon.

Disappointing but natural that fans at Ewood now feel that they now can influence any decisions. Booing CKR for missing a penalty, calling for a particular subsitute-booing if its not who they wanted to come on. Any manager worth their salt would surely take such fan negativity into account before commiting here-why put yourself through the mangel if you already comfortable and have status elsewhere? I worry that whoever is appointed will be booed the first time he leaves out Rochina or selects anyone other than Rhodes to take a penalty kick. We have missed loads of penalities in the past but never booed the players-even with feeble attempts-O'Mara springs to mind. I seem to remember Duggie missing one at Bolton in a derby match at Burnden-but the Rovers crowd just roared him on when they next got the ball. Booing should be saved for real boo-able occasions (such as with non-tryers) rather than becoming the norm when fans disagree with the manager.

Booing Murphy is stupid. Everyone had high hopes for him when he first signed, pretty much everyone I talked to thought he was going to be a great signing. All proved wrong, but I don't judge any player by how they played under Kean. He made a lot of good players look awful. Think he needs to be blended into the squad and hopefully his performances will improve. He certainly shouldn't be starting at the moment though.

Booing CKR was ridiculous, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Yes he is greedy at times (a lot less than Rochina who it seems can do no wrong), yes he should have let JR take it but he had been one of our better players on the night. Actually trying to get at there defence. Booing the pen miss was shameful, we need to get out of this boo mentality that developed thanks to Kean.

I forgot to look but did anybody see if Etuhu and Murphy went straight down the tunnel again?

I'm glad CKR cares (you could see Rhodes' goal meant so much to him) and hopefully a proper manager can straighten him out a little. He could be a big player for us this season.

Archived