BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Booing Players

Not really. Braddocks opening post is spot on. The boo's and sarcastic jeers Andrews got was well out of order. Why did he get them? Because he wasn't very good and the manager kept picking him.

The only time I could condone booing is if a player really slated the fans or if that player was obviously not putting effort in. As far as I can see that didn't apply to Andrews and doesn't apply to Lowe or Murphy. They are just poor.

well god forbid anybody doing anything without you condoning it 1st sir!!!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When things are going wrong players or certain players get stick. I remember Wilcox getting stick when he first broke into the team and he was only about 18, he then got stick again when he took over the captaincy when we got relegated, despite being one the few players who showed loyalty to the club from the premiership winning side. It's part human nature and part mob mentality, other people are slagging him off so they do as we'll.

People pay hard earned money and if these overpaid losers aren't performing then they deserve everything they get.

there's a difference surely between not performing and being asked to play in a role you can't play, in a formation you don't understand and without the support of your team mates. Whilst i agree underperfomance might deserve boos ( though I don't do it myself) the others deserve sympathy. They're probably just as fed up as we are.

Only time I will boo is for lack of effort.

If someone makes a hash of something an instinctive "FFS" will no doubt come out.

I am wondering though how bad the training regime is at Rovers. On paper we have what looks like a good (ish) squad.

Performances suggest otherwise.

I'm looking forward to cheering on a new manager & getting the best out of our team.

Don't berate Braddock for starting this thread. It's an interesting one.

I won't boo a player, and that included Keith Andrews, just because they are not good enough or are having an off-form game. But I do boo the team as a whole when they appear to me to have not put in a shift or the manager because he will not change the formation, tactics or bring on a third sub.

We fans have the right to criticise because it's OUR club; We own it more than the "owners' do.

i wouldn't actually boo a player for the same reason you would rarely catch me chanting anything(good or Bad), its just not in my nature. but 90% of the time i still understand and agree with why the player or the team are being booed, it would be a very quiet stadium if nobody verbalised what they were feeling(again, good or bad).

You are aware Braddock that Murphy was being booed specifically by the Wolves fans on Saturday?

I've no idea why, possibly he slagged their team and style of play in the past, but I don't know.

Admittedly there were murmurings of discontent (yet in fairness to him I thought he did ok for the beginning of the second half) but I did not hear any major booing of him by Rovers supporters.

However I would agree with your fundamental point, vis a vis targeting specific considered poor performing players is not good, I personally have actively taken the reverse standpoint when I thought that it was unfair, e.g. Super Atko & Handbag.

Well there must have been quite a few Wolves fans in the Blackburn end then.

There is a big difference in booing at half/full time to show disappointment in the performance and booing a player when he receives the ball.

If not for his join date, I'd swear braddock was a Venky's plant with the way he pettifogs to distract from the deeper issues at the club.

First it was the booing of Kean, but now he's gone, he's changed the subject to booing the players.

So a couple of underperformers cop the odd flak from the terraces. It happens. Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

If not for his join date, I'd swear braddock was a Venky's plant with the way he pettifogs to distract from the deeper issues at the club.

First it was the booing of Kean, but now he's gone, he's changed the subject to booing the players.

So a couple of underperformers cop the odd flak from the terraces. It happens. Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

Fan behaviour is one of the few things we have control over. I guess it just hurts more when it's supposed to be those who care about the club who begin to sabotage it. There's plenty far from rosey but I've always expected more from the fans. Until Keith Andrews started getting booed when he touched the ball.

You are aware Braddock that Murphy was being booed specifically by the Wolves fans on Saturday?

I've no idea why, possibly he slagged their team and style of play in the past, but I don't know.

Admittedly there were murmurings of discontent (yet in fairness to him I thought he did ok for the beginning of the second half) but I did not hear any major booing of him by Rovers supporters.

However I would agree with your fundamental point, vis a vis targeting specific considered poor performing players is not good, I personally have actively taken the reverse standpoint when I thought that it was unfair, e.g. Super Atko & Handbag.

Boz, there was a lot of booing by Rovers fans towards Murphy.

I honestly thought he did ok up until he gave that needless corner away that led to the goal - but after that the fans were on his back heckling and booing and he made more minor errors. I hate it when any home player is gets booed, I've never understood what people think they'll achieve by doing it.

what do you guys expect frustrated fans to do.? should they wait and only critisize the players by writing here.? to the LET.? should they ask the player(s) for a sit down and intellectually dissect the players performance, while trying their best to maintain the tone of a newly educated schoolteacher, so their fragile egos dont get hurt.?

I dont know if braddock lives in the real world, but with 17000 in attendance, its quite unrealistic to expect everyone to be in the same boat. This a bit rich coming from braddock, as he has been on a crusade for ages and on several occasions has tried to bait/provoke/blast other fans, and here he is trying to get others to behave :D

Booing will continue to exist, side by side with poor performances and will do so all over the footballing world. Some boo, some fight, some beat the wife and kids, some drink away the pain and others critisize their fellow fans for expressing their felings. Each to their own and good luck with changing how the footballing crowds react, when they see their team play like unfit amateurs.

what do you guys expect frustrated fans to do.? should they wait and only critisize the players by writing here.? to the LET.? should they ask the player(s) for a sit down and intellectually dissect the players performance, while trying their best to maintain the tone of a newly educated schoolteacher, so their fragile egos dont get hurt.?

No, they should get behind the player when they do something well, instilling in them a sense of pride to be at the club and unity with the fans which would no doubt result in performaces better than those than you would get if a player was getting berated.

Would you put the effort in if you felt the fans were taking the kean? Murphy seems like a player who played for the fans at Fulham and if he could connect with the Rovers support i'm sure he would do now.

I don't think Murphy is as much to blame as the system we're playing or general team work ethic at the moment either. The players just don't move for each other and there's rarely a decent pass on.

That said I have been disappointed with him so far but that can be said of the performances in general so you have to question why we're singling him out over others.

Our players never performed to their full potential last season and now we have Black in charge and after seeing how inept he was at managing the game on Saturday I don't expect that to change until we get a new manager.

At the very least people should wait until we're playing under a (hopefully respected and decent) manager before they start passing judgments on our players.

I would also like to add that Newcastle were 3 - 0 down on Sunday and were still getting behind the team. They've seen them come back from 4 - 0 down before and they know what they can achieve in getting behind them; if not for that game but for subsequent games.

I don't agree with booing our own players but one thing I really would like to know is that how come I can see this topic when I've got Pillock on ignore?

Don't come on it then.

dubdubdub it works both ways, if the players want the fans to join them in a love-in, they have to perform. You cant expect passionate people who loves the club, to accept they are being served a plate of manure.

If the fans decide to go all in and sing thier hearts out , but are met with a bunch of overpaid primadonnas and they play like kean manages, is it not human nature that they show their displeasure.? There is no other alternative to booing and booing is quite frankly way down on the list of insane things, that frustrated people are capable of.

in an ideal world, everyone would forgive mistakes and everyone would love each other but we dont live in an ideal world, we live in reality.

Fan behaviour is one of the few things we have control over. I guess it just hurts more when it's supposed to be those who care about the club who begin to sabotage it. There's plenty far from rosey but I've always expected more from the fans. Until Keith Andrews started getting booed when he touched the ball.

Depends what kind of control you are talking about!

Why do you describe it as sabotage FFS

The fans pay their money and have every right to express themselves

I don't think booing whilst a game is on helps anyone and I would never boo anyone who imo is doing their best and trying hard. A poor pass or poor control happens to the best players. What I cannot stand though is lazy disinterested players simply going through the motions for their obscene wages and those who deem playing for BRFC to be beneath them. Andrews was poor but he always put a shift in as did previous targets for the boo boys like Atkins, Carsley and Wilcox, in contrast players with supposedly greater skills underperforming through basic laziness like Dwight Yorke, Benni Mac and now Murphy just p1ss me off big time.... my opinion dates right back to the time that the dreadful back sliding ale can John Radford was here. I'm sure the players will concur with the above and that anybody not pulling their weight in a team should not be part of that team it's as simple as that. I wasn't there but that maybe a clue regarding Givets behaviour last week?

Having said that there aren't half some knobheads amongst our so called supporters and booing a player can spread like a virus..... how else can anybody explain the booing of Tim Sherwood? Superb skills, always close to the action, rarely injured and despite having to cope with the limited ability of Superatko as a midfield partner he was the drumbeat of our Prem winning team. Yet to the massed ranks of numpty know nowts he could never accepted apparently cos of his pretty boy girly hairdo. :glare: Ifs and buts but imo Sherwood and Toogs are the stand out best midfielders that I have seen in the blue and white halves.

I don't think booing whilst a game is on helps anyone and I would never boo anyone who imo is doing their best and trying hard. A poor pass or poor control happens to the best players. What I cannot stand though is lazy disinterested players simply going through the motions for their obscene wages and those who deem playing for BRFC to be beneath them. Andrews was poor but he always put a shift in as did previous targets for the boo boys like Atkins, Carsley and Wilcox, in contrast players with supposedly greater skills underperforming through basic laziness like Dwight Yorke, Benni Mac and now Murphy just p1ss me off big time.... my opinion dates right back to the time that the dreadful back sliding ale can John Radford was here. I'm sure the players will concur with the above and that anybody not pulling their weight in a team should not be part of that team it's as simple as that. I wasn't there but that maybe a clue regarding Givets behaviour last week?

Having said that there aren't half some knobheads amongst our so called supporters and booing a player can spread like a virus..... how else can anybody explain the booing of Tim Sherwood? Superb skills, always close to the action, rarely injured and despite having to cope with the limited ability of Superatko as a midfield partner he was the drumbeat of our Prem winning team. Yet to the massed ranks of numpty know nowts he could never accepted apparently cos of his pretty boy girly hairdo. :glare: Ifs and buts but imo Sherwood and Toogs are the stand out best midfielders that I have seen in the blue and white halves.

An excellent post , could add the name Alan Birchenall to the lazy idle list and Howard Kendall to one of the best midfielders !

Booing players is wrong during the game. Abusing them is wrong full stop. People seem to think that, just because they pay their money, they have a right to express themselves inside a football ground in such a way that would get them arrested outside a football ground. There is no such thing as common decency amongst these people and respect is non-existent. If someone did to them what they do to others in public, I'm certain there would be punches thrown and Police involvement but they seem to see it as ok because 'it's football and I've paid my money'.

Frankly, if you wouldn't want it done to you, why the hell are you doing it to someone else? And to swear and abuse a player in front of his family is evil.

Depends what kind of control you are talking about!

Why do you describe it as sabotage FFS

The fans pay their money and have every right to express themselves

That's akin to buying a house then letting it run down because it's yours and the neighbours and any potential visitors can just naff off. Not to mention your family who have to live in it.

That's akin to buying a house then letting it run down because it's yours and the neighbours and any potential visitors can just naff off. Not to mention your family who have to live in it.

your talking about the Venkys right?

Archived