BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood & Billy McKinley - Meltdown or no Meltdown?

Ricky

236 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed Sherwood

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed McKinley

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do

I think few would argue about McKinley, the majority of fans just wouldn't want him getting the job

Most of what I have seen would point towards Sherwood being a reasonably popular appointment though

How do you gauge the majority Tom, I have just seen a poll and only 4% would want sherwood. Are you saying the majority of the people who post on BRFCS?

If thats the case then Its fair to say we can make similar statements from our membershio base?

As stated its a very low number. I'm not arguing that point but as far as a poll goes its enough to make a judgement on. Over 90% would not go into meltdown if Sherwood was appointed. It also seems to reflect the general view on this MB which has more members than BRAG.

• Backroom

How do

How do you gauge the majority Tom, I have just seen a poll and only 4% would want sherwood. Are you saying the majority of the people who post on BRFCS?

If thats the case then Its fair to say we can make similar statements from our membershio base?

Only from what I have seen on twitter and speaking to people

No exact science in it just an observation from my part

As stated its a very low number. I'm not arguing that point but as far as a poll goes its enough to make a judgement on. Over 90% would not go into meltdown if Sherwood was appointed. It also seems to reflect the general view on this MB which has more members than BRAG.

So 100 people voting out of a supporter base of 70-80,000 worldwide is enough to make a judgement on?

More members you say, think you are gonna have to check that, also this message board has around 30 people who post on a regurlar basis, it also has members who have never posted and some that aint posted in over 10 years. Making sweeping statements like that, is something you have accused us of, Double standards?

OMG, my dog is bigger than your dog, are you reading this Tom

Can you see how a sweeping statement like that from an observation can be mis-leading? This is what we have to put up with daily, hence why this poll should not have been put up, and is not representative of our membership base.

• Backroom

I can Glen but I didn't make any sweeping statements, I said 'I think' and 'most of what I had seen would point towards'

From what I can see the poll was put up because people were arguing amongst theirselves about if it was accurate

In honesty we will never know what the majority of rovers fans feel, nor even the majority of this message board or even the BRFCAG members as the majority of any of those collectives won't be forthcoming with their thoughts

On twitter last night I expressed my thanks for the action group committee for pushing forward with this but at the same time don't agree with the way Shebby is communicating it

I can Glen but I didn't make any sweeping statements, I said 'I think' and 'most of what I had seen would point towards'

From what I can see the poll was put up because people were arguing amongst theirselves about if it was accurate

In honesty we will never know what the majority of rovers fans feel, nor even the majority of this message board or even the BRFCAG members as the majority of any of those collectives won't be forthcoming with their thoughts

On twitter last night I expressed my thanks for the action group committee for pushing forward with this but at the same time don't agree with the way Shebby is communicating it

BTW I was not having a dig at you, I was just using your post as example of anybody can read any sentence differently dependent on their own personal agenda.

Had the Action Group statement come from any other group, this poll wouldnt even be here, thats my point. If people's hatred of certain people and constant digs of certain people are far important to them than our club then they really need to give their head a shake. (Again I dont mean you)

The poll backs up BRAG's press release about McKinlay. I didn't doubt that for a minute.

As I've said several times I wasn't sure of the same concerns about Sherwood. If you've received 1500 emails saying the opposite then I can't argue with that.

Can you see how a sweeping statement like that from an observation can be mis-leading? This is what we have to put up with daily, hence why this poll should not have been put up, and is not representative of our membership base.

So, basically this forum should answer to you? This poll should never have been put up? It's a forum, a place where people express opinions. To me this poll makes sense and your heavy handed reaction is providing quite an insite into your group views. You're making yourselves look like school yard bullies. You did a good job but now you are undoing a lot of that. You appear to be very defensive about your gang.

The poll backs up BRAG's press release about McKinlay. I didn't doubt that for a minute.

As I've said several times I wasn't sure of the same concerns about Sherwood. If you've received 1500 emails saying the opposite then I can't argue with that.

In our minutes with the club we mentioned the supporters desire for an experienced manager, the majority of supporters have wanted this from the beginning.

For the record i never gave Shebby Singh my personal opinion on Billy McKinlay or Tim Sherwood yesterday, i simply said that Billy McKinlay was not a popular move among the supporters, and if he needs evidence of this he should come on here and read the managers thread and see what people are panicking about.

Yes Tim Sherwood may be doing well in a poll which is flawed from the off as it is multiple choice, however no manager with experience at all has been looked at, they have all been left on a pile and discarded whilst the club concentrates on 2 "managers" who have never been managers, this is where the supporters concerns lie, 21 months ago we messed up big time by appointing a none manager and many many people have expressed their concerns to our committee over why the same method of selection is being used again.

Do i have an issue with them talking to Tim Sherwood? no, but i do think it's crazy that they have spent 3 weeks chasing him and then turned their attention to Billy Mckinlay without even considering the much better, more proven options which are out there.

Both names had to be used to emphasise the point that the club needs to consider managers and not just look at coaches.

And there's the rub, I absolutely whole heartedly agree with everything Mark just said. No question about it.

Your first paragraph says McKinlay would not be popular, too bloody right he wouldn't!!

We'd all go for experience, I wanted Curbs from the off.

So 100 people voting out of a supporter base of 70-80,000 worldwide is enough to make a judgement on?

How many members has Brag got? Is it not a bit hypocritical that Brag should be talking to Shebby on who not to appoint on the supporter base on 70-80000.

Are we jumping to conclusions here?!

Is there any proof that it IS the manager position we are pursuing McKinlay for? maybe just assistant manager.

A possible hypothesis though it would be bizarre employing the backroom staff first.

not necessarily, they might have someone in mind for manager's seat simultaneously, but then again wouldn't we know about it too?!

True. We may not know about it if we didn't need to make an approach for a person which required a public rebuttal or acceptance from a club. Free agent. I just think they'd get the manager thing sorted first.

Jesus. Our fan base is more dysfunctional than Venkys!

I don't actually think Shebby and the current board could do anything without being slated by one group or another. Whatever they do there will be petty fan squabbling too. Wasn't life so much easier without the ability to constantly argue with people you haven't met / or don't REALLY know. If a lot of this sort of thing was said over a pint as it used to be it would either end in a fight or people just giving up after their 10th to have a good night. FFS.

I wouldn't be too happy with McKinley, but I'd definitely not go into meltdown, and would instead get behind him. Not chanting his name or anything, but just getting on with supporting the team.

Why? Because no matter who we hire, that person is going to be here for a while. Protesting against the manager from the get go will not result in them sacking him and hiring someone else. It may or may not have a negative effect on performances, but I'm pretty certain it won't have a positive one, and won't create the kind of "fortress Ewood" atmosphere we'd want.

Archived