BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood & Billy McKinley - Meltdown or no Meltdown?

Ricky

236 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed Sherwood

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed McKinley

• Yes
    • No

There seems to be a lot of debate on the manager thread about the possible appointment of McKinley and Sherwood. BRAG have stated that eitehr would result in 'meltdown'.

I think the majority have concerns regarding McKinley but I haven't heard the same serious concerns regarding Sherwood.

So it's a simple question, If we appoint Sherwood would you personally go into Meltdown???

Also added the same about McKinley for balance.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I might not be happy with McKinlay, mainly because of his behaviour during his last twelve months at the club as a player, I certainly wouldn't go into meltdown about it nor would I contemplate returning my season ticket. As for Sherwood I would be perfectly happy to see him at the Rovers. I'm not averse to having a young manager with the right backroom team behind him.

Not going to vote on the poll as meltdown is a strong word. However I certainly would not be happy if either Sherwood or McKinlay get the job. With the financial situation the club is in right now it is far too much of a gamble, we really need experience.

On the BRAG subject I have no problem with them as they have never claimed to represent the entire fan base. If people have contacted them in their thousands and the vast majority are unhappy that an inexperienced manager might get the job then they have a duty to report it, especially if Shebby is in dialogue with the group.

If anyone should be getting flamed for the situation we are in it's Shebby who by the looks of it thinks BRAG represents the fan base in totality. If we had an experienced director who knew about football and recruiting a new manager then they wouldn't be talking to fan groups at this moment in time.

'Meltdown' is a very evocative word and probably suits BRAG in terms of getting their statement out there. The reality is probably somewhat different for the majority of fans.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Sherwood but would be less enamoured by McKinlay. Having said that, whoever comes in has the right to expect our support as fans to see if they can actually turn us around. Football is a results game when all's said and done.

Some of the extreme knicker-twisting going on is more than a tad embarrassing...

Not going to vote on the poll as meltdown is a strong word. However I certainly would not be happy if either Sherwood or McKinlay get the job. With the financial situation the club is in right now it is far too much of a gamble, we really need experience.

On the BRAG subject I have no problem with them as they have never claimed to represent the entire fan base. If people have contacted them in their thousands and the vast majority are unhappy that an inexperienced manager then they have a duty to report it, especially if Shebby is in dialogue with the group.

If anyone should be getting flamed for the situation we are in it's Shebby who by the looks of it thinks BRAG represents the fan base in totality. If we had an experienced man who knew about football and recruiting a new manager then there wouldn't be a problem.

+100

Today's dialogue on the "next manager" thread depresses me; it's a measure of how the Venky's ownership has affected this club for the worst in such a short space of time.

I think BRAG is now starting to believe its own hype and assuming an importance beyond its level.

“We have had thousands of supporters contact us in the last few days demanding that the BRFC Action Group takes immediate action to prevent Blackburn Rovers appointing a manager unwanted by the supporter base,”

I take this with the same pinch of salt as Kean's 500 letters of support a week.

It is impossible to appoint a manager that will be accepted by the whole supporter base. All this talk of boycotts etc is making us look stupid. Just let the Club get on with the task of appointing a manager

I think BRAG is now starting to believe its own hype and assuming an importance beyond its level.

“We have had thousands of supporters contact us in the last few days demanding that the BRFC Action Group takes immediate action to prevent Blackburn Rovers appointing a manager unwanted by the supporter base,”

I take this with the same pinch of salt as Kean's 500 letters of support a week.

It is impossible to appoint a manager that will be accepted by the whole supporter base. All this talk of boycotts etc is making us look stupid. Just let the Club get on with the task of appointing a manager

I guess it's up to each individual to believe whether or not BRAG is telling the truth that they have been contacted by thousands of fans. With Rovers losing a hell of a lot season ticket holders it is not beyond the realms of possibility that say a 1,000 might have contacted them. It is pretty clear that Shebby has been in dialogue with the group for some time this season, if a disgruntled fan is made aware of this then surely it's the most logical place to go to vent and make your feelings known?

I love this idea , can we go back and do the same with the statements issued by Paul Agnew Public Relations under the guise of Rovers PR on behalf of Team Kean for a bit of balance ? Or would that not be in the interests of beating up a supporters group.

Considering Brag were only talking about their members , it should only be Brag members that vote in this shouldn't it?

Hard to disagree with that Clitheroe,BRAG seems to have developed delusions of grandeur and now seem to be more counter-productive than beneficial.

It's only the fact that we're a relatively small club and they seem to have cultivated the ear of Singh that gives what they say any credence.

Ultimately, the club's owners have to make this decision.Hopefully it's the right one (i.e not Mckinlay), but if that's the way it goes so be it. He then lives or dies by his results...

• Moderation Lead

I didn't mind the Action Group at first, but IMO they're now having a bit too much influence- that squabble with Kamy and Shebby was honestly one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard.

what a pitifull poll.

whats the definition of a meltdown in this case.?

are we talking riots.?

violence?

protesting.?

burning the club .?

or meltdown as in debating it on a messageboard and blasting the V´s.?

Archived