BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood & Billy McKinley - Meltdown or no Meltdown?

Ricky

236 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed Sherwood

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed McKinley

• Yes
    • No

the important thing here (tough as it will be) is we DON'T go into meltdown with whoever we get, or we'll be slated by the press and pundits as having the worse fanbase in history. I know we have a valid reason for all the things mentioned and I totally agree with most of them, but publicly we run the risk of looking like people who protest for the sake of it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many members has Brag got? Is it not a bit hypocritical that Brag should be talking to Shebby on who not to appoint on the supporter base on 70-80000.

Yet again, we have not spoke to Shebby on who not to appoint, we simply brought to his attention the reaction of the membership base to the news the club had approached Fulham for Billy McKinlay, we are an official supporters group - that is what we have members and a committee for.

These concerns were not only brought up because our members were concerned, many many supporters were.

Supporters concerns have been ignored long enough.

Are we jumping to conclusions here?!

Is there any proof that it IS the manager position we are pursuing McKinlay for? maybe just assistant manager.

It is the managers position i'm afraid

I wouldn't be too happy with McKinley, but I'd definitely not go into meltdown, and would instead get behind him. Not chanting his name or anything, but just getting on with supporting the team.

Why? Because no matter who we hire, that person is going to be here for a while. Protesting against the manager from the get go will not result in them sacking him and hiring someone else. It may or may not have a negative effect on performances, but I'm pretty certain it won't have a positive one, and won't create the kind of "fortress Ewood" atmosphere we'd want.

Unfortunately some fans are now convinced they hold all the power and so many will throw their toys out of the pram at any opportunity.

So how many members have BRAG got?

approaching 8,000

Protesting against the manager from the get go will not result in them sacking him and hiring someone else. It may or may not have a negative effect on performances, but I'm pretty certain it won't have a positive one, and won't create the kind of "fortress Ewood" atmosphere we'd want.

Now the concerns raised by the group were concerns of the members who had expressed them, the general feeling i got from reading these concerns yesterday was that they were angry at the owners and any protest/returning of tickets would be aimed at the owners.

Not one person suggested protesting against the manager to my knowledge.

For the last time today over 7000 signed up members can't give you a precise answer

So do you think it is right that less than 10% of the fan base should be telling the Club who they can or not appoint as manager, im sure Mike Ashley was listening to the Newcastle fans when he appointed Alan Pardew.

So do you think it is right that less than 10% of the fan base should be telling the Club who they can or not appoint as manager, im sure Mike Ashley was listening to the Newcastle fans when he appointed Alan Pardew.

Nobody has told the club who they can and cannot appoint, the supporters concerns have been expressed.

Imagine how differently things could have been if supporters concerns were listened to last season or the season before.

I really dont see what the argument is about here. BRAG put out a release based on what their members have said. Ricky has put a polll on here to see if this is indicative of what BRFCS members think. Both are perfectly within their rights to do so.

What does this 'meltdown' actually mean to- not attending, canceling season tkt, protesting or maybe just a bit of head shaking and tutting?

p.s. as for G Mullans little speech on here earlier=yawn(if he thinks the opinions of people on here are miniscule and irrelevant then why does he feel the need to put out such a statement) also mark1875 constantly getting on the defensive and antagonising anybody that posts in disagreement with some of brags actions only makes people more annoyed with them.

This thread and poll are pathetic. This is a new low for brfcs. The way I've seen fans talk to each other in the last few days has made me ashamed to be a Rovers fan in a way the circus at Ewood never has.

I'm pretty happy BRAG made the point to be honest. Someone had to, Venkys are making the exact same mistake they made in appointing Kean.

Plus it got them to finally do what I've been waiting for all this time. Tell their own fans off and reveal once and for all what an egomaniacal dictatorship they're trying to create here.

Back on the boycotts soon I think if this farce continues.

i don't see what the problem with this poll is, it just proves a very specific point that in turn has proved certain individuals recent statement to be very wrong.

no it has not. They never said, ALL fans are going bananas, they did however make a press release, that specifically related to the opinion of their own members or a big part of them. You are right baout one thing though and thats the fact it was seu up to discredit brag and say haha you were wrong. But even on this point its a miserable fail.

If thats the case then Its fair to say we can make similar statements from our membershio base?

Glen, you said yesterday you had spoken to nearly every person who had applied for the job. If you don't mind me asking, in what capacity were you speaking to them? Fan, BRAG etc.

no it has not. They never said, ALL fans are going bananas, they did however make a press release, that specifically related to the opinion of their own members or a big part of them. You are right baout one thing though and thats the fact it was seu up to discredit brag and say haha you were wrong. But even on this point its a miserable fail.

BRAG have done some fantastic work, all people are doing is questioning something in an adult manner, something that many many people have had concerns about.

Glen, you said yesterday you had spoken to nearly every person who had applied for the job. If you don't mind me asking, in what capacity were you speaking to them? Fan, BRAG etc.

BRAG have done some fantastic work, all people are doing is questioning something in an adult manner, something that many many people have had concerns about.

i have absolutely no problem with brag being held accountable for their actions, but given their statements and how many times they have to point out the exact same things, it sometimes come across as a witchhunt.

your question is actually a good example, of something thats the exact opposite and a question i too would like an answer to.

I can't see either of these coaches being suitable to try their hand at a role that they have previously no experience of.

If Venkys repeat their mistake of appointing a coach to be a manager I believe that, to a lot of fans, it will be unforgiveable.

Im fortunate enough to have had links into rovers long before Venkys, and have many links with people in the footballing world including many of our clubs ex players and other managers in the game,

I have spoken to a few people as friends and others as people I know. So in answer to your question as a friend and as a football supporter, certainly not as a member of the action group

Im fortunate enough to have had links into rovers long before Venkys, and have many links with people in the footballing world including many of our clubs ex players and other managers in the game,

I have spoken to a few people as friends and others as people I know. So in answer to your question as a friend and as a football supporter, certainly not as a member of the action group

Thanks for the reply. Are the people you talk to prepared to accept the current setup? i.e Shebby above them

I think the new manager HAS to be in control of all team affairs.

That's what it all comes down to Ste. If this next appointment doesn't change anything apart from the managers name, the club's well and truly screwed and a lot of fans wont be returning any time soon, - if ever.

Fantastic work Mark & Glen getting fans opinions on this.

Reading through this thread some people have missed the point entirely talk about BRAG being above their station which is totally wrong.

What people have to understand is this BRAG have not gone to Shebby and said hire this and that as manager the fans have no input at boardroom level on who to appoint.

All they have done is a poll on who people would like 2 seperate things altogether.

I do think Shebby's statement yesterday about persecuting ex players was wrong of him to do that and have made him clear on that & clarified things but at the end of the day we are not in charge.

We as supporters are not being paid to make these difficult decisions they are because if we were we as supporters would be held accountable if things went belly up!.

A lot of people are getting the wrong idea about BRAG's involvement in this process the group are not making this decision they are just holding a poll to find out who people would like to come in get people's opinions it does not necessarily mean they will appoint that person.

That decision will be eventually made by Mrs D,Balaji,Venky & the rest of the Rao family.

Archived