BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lost it?

I'm with Tom . The last minute winner I somehow remembered how to celebrate a goal and for the first time in ages I'm looking forward to tonight. Don't get me wrong I still HATE the Scumkys!

First game of the season for me tonight, and I cant wait.

I cant hide the fact that events of the last two years have probably changed the club I grew up loving, probably forever. Part of me really misses the Rovers I started to watch in the late 70's, but maybe most of that is down to a fading memory and nostalgia.

I cant hide the fact that events of the last two years have probably changed the club I grew up loving, probably forever. Part of me really misses the Rovers I started to watch in the late 70's, but maybe most of that is down to a fading memory and nostalgia.

I pine for the old times of the late 70s and 80s but agree I tend to remember the good times too. Can't remember the dark times in those eras being as dark as they are now, but chances are they probably were.

Even with a new manager, I'm struggling to get to the point where I desperately want to go to watch Rovers. With wife and children maybe my priorities have changed.

i`ll be at huddersfield tonite

To be fair - im probably more excited about this game then i have been for a long while...

new beginings bring hope and all that

hope which was stolen by Keanochio and all those that surrounded him...

im not going on saturday, wedding to attend, and unlike days of past, im not looking for excuses to slip out of the wedding,etc

maybe check the the final score....

was on you-tube last nite watching the 5-4 win against palace in 1988, and enthused for those days

days when football was for enjoyment - not killed by the money men....

• Backroom

Only the chelsea racism row has put me off football in general. It seems to me they're trying to ruin a man's career out of spite and to cover up the disgraceful behaviour of their players (but that's for another thread).

In terms of Rovers, I've always maintained my support for the team and that will never go away. In terms of going to games, gave up my ST last year after it became a chore. Been to 2 games this season: The Wolves game because the gf hasn't been to a match before (and likely won't again) and the Watford game as I was kindly offered to join a few pals in the legends lounge.

no interest at all in football outside of rovers, gave up watching MOTD years ago, can't be arsed with Soccer Saturday anymore either find it comes as a suprise when i see a set of league tables these days including the championship barely an an interest where rovers are absolutely no clue where random prem clubs are.

Spark for Rovers is still there just not so bright after all the prolonged K##N keans, need the club to be run with sporting achievement the main goal over agenda'/propaganda/money as it currently seems to be

I agree with a lot of what's been written, but last night I felt a small spark of renewal.

New manager that gets the club, improved performance and a racous away following.

(the rest of the game can swivel).

Me too - gutted to have only come away with a draw, but great support from us last night. Does anyone know how many Rovers fans went?

Lost a bit of it, how can you not considering the past two years of pathetic management and bad decision making? I get more enjoyment these days following my Packers than I do from football and Rovers.

Hopefully Berg can revitalise the club and bring back the enthusiasm within the fan base. Venky's and their decision making will also determine if that is ever a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I thought I hadn't lost any of it previously but watching this game I realise I haven't felt this way about the team for the last year or so

If I did lose any its most definitely back

Don't want to get carried away but today felt good. I guess the fact I got really angry at Rochina for his careless attempt to turn when the simple ball was on resulted in a late goal in a 4-1 win suggests the feeling is returning.

Plus I can even be happy that we've won - something I'll admit I found very difficult with Kean in charge.

I was effing and jeffing at the TV when news came through of the equaliser for Huddersfield...I knew then the passion was creeping back in.

Great win yesterday, great to hear the brilliant support of the manager for the first time in years and quite a few new songs about the players. This is how it's meant to be!

With wife and children maybe my priorities have changed.

Priorities do change, don't they? And you get out of routines.

Venky's ownership and the regime of the previous "manager" led for some reason :glare: to none of my 7 mates and I [6 of us live at least ½-hr's drive from Blackburn these days] opting to renew our season tickets this season. I no longer drive; and because, as Fife Rover was implying on another thread, getting to & from Ewood by public transport for anything other than a 3.00 kick-off wasn't worth the hassle, specially if [as frequently happened under the previous "manager"] we'd lost.

Additionally, the first game of the season at Ipswich coincided with the wedding in Devon of the daughter of some good friends. It was only when I looked at the TV in the hotel bar just after 4.00 that I even remembered who we were playing. I was pleased we were winning but was unsurprised when I saw the final score.

That meant my first game this season was the Wolves game where the hopes of the first post-Kean home game were unfulfilled. A long weekend with friends in Surrey coincided with the Palace game [old habits die hard! ^_^ ] and the first shoots of recovery under a proper manager could be seen.

I'm unlikely to be able to attend many games before the turn of the year because of plans made when the previous "manager" looked like he'd never leave; but at least it now feels like Rovers are turning a corner so hopefully I'll get back into some sort of routine where it feels worth the hassle of getting home from 3.00 kick-offs at Ewood by public transport.

Archived