BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lost it?

Fell out of love with football quite early into keans relegation winning season. Still turned up at ewood every week and will continue to do so but my love for the game itself is fading. Haven't fell out of love with rovers and never will. Watched motd sat night and the quality of all the teams look a different class to anything I have seen for a loooooooooong time.

Completely. I've no stomach for watching PL games as we've nothing riding on them.

Aside from United being top, and - I think - Southampton bottom, I can't say any other position.

I was walking down Bolton Road for the Sheff Wed match and it wasn't until I got to the Infirmary bridge that I even thought about the game!

Easy to get down about Rovers and football in general at the minute. I don't think bring cast as pariahs by the football media and (by extension) other teams' fans hasn't helped either. Times like this you find out who your friends are.

Such a shame to lose long-time season ticket holding 'mates' you only saw at games and have now lost touch with... :(

Nearly. I dearly hope Henning does well. That thing last week when he turned the shirt round and pointing to the badge said 'that's all that matters, not what's on the back' - pure magic. I need more of that, and more of the honesty that Eric Black and Henning have shown. It was in complete contrast etc etc etc

I don't need Venkys, nor stupid people at the top arguing amongst themselves like the rank amateurs they are. They can leave tomorrow.

But in Berg I trust, 'cause there won't ever be another team like Blackburn Rovers.

As for football in general? It goes on the tele, I'm on here or some other website or reading. Rooney scores, I feel nothing, Chelsea equalise last minute, the same. I couldn't give a stuff about who wins the Premier League. Not one iota. It was bad enough last season, all that massive sheer drama of it all, City's last minute winner! Or United's! Wow! How lucky am I ? Actually Mr Sky I don't give a stuff. Did Mr Anderson tell you to be excited or is this natural?

Nope, it's Rovers or nothing I'm afraid. Honesty and commitment is needed from all. We start with the manager. It'll take time.

Football in general to be honest.

Sick to death of racism, diving, hillsborough etc etc etc hogging the headlines every single bleeding day.

I don't even fully blame Venkys/Kean either, the attitudes of our fans these days is so pathetic and miserable too. Partly a symptom of post-Walker fans who are used to being spoon-fed with glory, slowly but surely a lot of them are losing interest though.

Nearly. I dearly hope Henning does well. That thing last week when he turned the shirt round and pointing to the badge said 'that's all that matters, not what's on the back' - pure magic. I need more of that, and more of the honesty that Eric Black and Henning have shown. It was in complete contrast etc etc etc

I don't need Venkys, nor stupid people at the top arguing amongst themselves like the rank amateurs they are. They can leave tomorrow.

But in Berg I trust, 'cause there won't ever be another team like Blackburn Rovers.

As for football in general? It goes on the tele, I'm on here or some other website or reading. Rooney scores, I feel nothing, Chelsea equalise last minute, the same. I couldn't give a stuff about who wins the Premier League. Not one iota. It was bad enough last season, all that massive sheer drama of it all, City's last minute winner! Or United's! Wow! How lucky am I ? Actually Mr Sky I don't give a stuff. Did Mr Anderson tell you to be excited or is this natural?

Nope, it's Rovers or nothing I'm afraid. Honesty and commitment is needed from all. We start with the manager. It'll take time.

It will take time Bob. And plenty of it. I know its not completely lost on me yet because i bought my eldest his first Rovers kit the other day and it was a proud moment. It was hours before Palace pulled our pants down. But a part of me hoped buying the kit on the day of Berg's first match would be a lucky omen. Like i'd invested a little in everything Rovers. The dawn of a new era and my pride and joy would be sporting the colours of my other pride and joy. Sadly not to be.

Football is a tainted entity for me right now. I watch Rovers more out of addiction than any form of enjoyment. But who am i kidding? It's been that way for years! I have forgotten what it feels like for Saturday to arrive and expect a result. I hoped this season might signal the return of this sensation but it hasn't. I just fear the consequences of defeat even more.

It doesn't matter what happens from here on in. My support is locked in, welded for life. If i'm honest i do still crave match days. It is always there. It's always an event which cannot pass me by without my full attention. But it has become almost sadistic in its nature. As i say, i absorb it because i'm hooked. I can't say i ever expect us to win and i can't say i ever expect to be entertained. Sadly, watching Rovers is becoming like watching England, i can't help but do it, but i never expect to be happy with the performance. The result is all important to me now. I don't believe any of the players have pride in wearing the shirt and that just compounds the situation.

I watch a lot less football nowadays

I was hanging in there, but the SK era pushed me over the cliff. Now i watch more out of habit than anything else.

But truth be told, its not just Rovers. I blame the big guys, blatter og platini for their failure to move football forward as a sport. Everything else is moving along, but football is stuck in the 90´s. Actually, how much has even changed since the 70s? Me only being 30 i dont know much about the older days. Add to it all the diving and the focus on money before integrity, all the onfield bullshit (how everybodys friends but will lie and cheat and do all unsportsman like behaviors to get the referee on their side) and and all types of off-field news acrobatics taking away from the sport.

Seriously, how hard is it to get goal line technology? To hire 2 guys who go through the games and place bans on divers? How big is this industry? I dont even know if 11 men on the pitch and todays substitution system is optimal. Whats wrong with giving different nations the freedom to try out small varieties of rules to experiment with enhancing the game? People adapt fast.

I watch the NBA alot these days, they finetune small details almost every year to make the game better. OK, i dont agree with everything and i miss a couple of things from 90s basketball, but overall its better.

The european leagues got a few different rules, no problems adapting for players or fans.

Sick to death of racism, diving, hillsborough etc etc etc hogging the headlines every single bleeding day.

So Liverpool then?! :huh::xmas:

I still love the game - Huddersfield away tomorrow, cant wait!! HENNING BERG to bring the good times back I hope, like Bob I love Bergs attitude and the fact he comes out and tells it straight, no bullsh!t, no 'we will take the positives'....Onwards and upwards hopefully

My interest in Rovers is at an all time low at the moment..they say you should never look back but I find myself reminiscing to a time when this club was better run and more respected.

The excitement has very much gone for me at the moment or is that just me getting older?

Err Bryan,leave your wife's underwear alone.

I must admit i can't find any enthusiasm for football at all these days.For instance the last time England was on the telly, i only stumbled across it after flicking through the TV channels.

As for Rovers I will always love the club but to be honest I haven't been at all this season and after 22 years of having a season ticket i'm surprised I don't miss it anywhere near as much as I thought I would.I will take a match in soon but at the moment I wouldn't be bothered if I never saw another football game again. :blink:

• Backroom

Not at all for me weirdly

I thought I had in the summer and didn't even buy a season ticket till the last day, as soon as the season started I was hooked again but at times even wish I wasn't. I've even enjoyed the games as much as I have for a while even though the atmosphere is crap and the football worse. When Rhodes got that last minute winner the feeling in that moment is something that no matter what league you are in is magical

It's completely illogical but that's just how it is for me, not to say that can't change any moment

i give up, then on the day we play, im back to checking scores, trying to find a stream to watch etc. ive genuinely lost interest, but like the transfer window, you just somehow manage to want to check how things are going. at times, it just gets a bit too much for me, and i end up doing something else instead. football in general has taken a massive hit, but after 2 years of hell at this club, it just doesnt feel like the club it use to be. But we all know that already, but this period we are going into with Berg, well if it goes well, then that passion and enthusiasm will come back.

No. Watch La Liga, Serie A, Premier League and norwegian Tippeligaen.

Rovers wise it was down due to Steve Kean, but now it is Norwegian time is 08:48 and I have been starting to look forward to the game against Huddersfield and TV match against Birmingham this weekend.

Henning Berg certainly gave me the buzz/optimism I needed back.

Archived