BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Vs Rovers

We are playing Bolton tomorrow right? Why no match preview? Some interesting trivia, Notlob is Bolton written backwards

Anyway, we have played Bolton x amount of times, and im not sure how many we have won and how many they have won, or how many draws. Sam Allardyce managed both teams, and others who have played for both teams Diouf, Davies, Djorkaeff and a few others

I dont know any Bolton fans to do a Q&A, but i think their danger man will be Petrov. Is he still there? Our dangerman will be Simon if he plays.

sorry, i tried to rescue to preview

My prediction, 2-1 win for Rovers

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this - a result against the Notlob would be great for confidence to take into the Burnley game

I think Berg will make a few changes to the team that has started the last few games.

Personally would like to see Simon starting in Formica or maybe Rochina's place, also maybe Pedersen for Murphy? Murphy played the majority of the game v Millwall and didn't really impress me.

Is Givet fit? Could be worth giving him a run out - think him and Dann could be a great pairing, Dann seems to of upped his game recently.

I would love us to play with two up top but don't think that's going to happen.

Prediction 2-0

i think while i predicted a 2-1 win, i would be with a good performance and at the very least take a draw. I dont think Berg will play Simon, which is again strange. Berg certainly who are doing well, and despite SV doing well, still cant get a start. There must surely be deeper lying problems with him.

Think I'd possibly go 4-3-3/4-5-1 for this.

.................. Robinson

Henley . Dann . Givet .. Olsson

.................... Murphy

............ Etuhu . Pedersen

. Rochina .......................... King

.................... Rhodes

King and Rochina would both cut inside to support Rhodes and Pedersen has the engine to get forward too.

Think I'd possibly go 4-3-3/4-5-1 for this.

.................. Robinson

Henley . Dann . Givet .. Olsson

.................... Murphy

............ Etuhu . Pedersen

. Rochina .......................... King

.................... Rhodes

King and Rochina would both cut inside to support Rhodes and Pedersen has the engine to get forward too.

I do like that - Do you think King is ready to start? Or would it be best to bring him on when Olsson 2 has already burnt their RB's legs a bit, albeit with seemingly little end product. King had an immediate impact when he came on on Saturday.

I would maybe play Lowe instead of Murphy - think he needs treating wisely, and could be the cool head we need come Sunday.

I do like that - Do you think King is ready to start? Or would it be best to bring him on when Olsson 2 has already burnt their RB's legs a bit, albeit with seemingly little end product. King had an immediate impact when he came on on Saturday.

I would maybe play Lowe instead of Murphy - think he needs treating wisely, and could be the cool head we need come Sunday.

Lowe instead of Murphy could help, especially if we want Murphy for the Burnley game.

I definitely think King is ready. Or perhaps to word it another way, if Marcus is deemed ready to start then King definitely is. :)

Lowe instead of Murphy could help, especially if we want Murphy for the Burnley game.

I definitely think King is ready. Or perhaps to word it another way, if Marcus is deemed ready to start then King definitely is. :)

Just think of the confusion factor the Olsson twins bring though!

2nd home game for me and looking forward to it after knee surgery. Cant believe we can capitulate like we did in the game last season and it could well be pay back for Bolton.

Keith Andrews is still a nancy boy and is kean at football.

big plus for Rovers is that mark Davies is banned !

single goal to take the points.

Anyway :rolleyes:

Yea, Mark Davies is banned who was really good for them last year, don't know what he's like this year.

Would like to see:

-----------------Robbo

-------Lowe Dann Givet Henley

King Vukcevic Etuhu Footballing Olsson

----------------Rochina

----------------Rhodes

Rest Murphy.....King on the right so he can cross for Rhodes rather than cut inside....Martin Olsson on the wing where he's probably our 2nd best player behind Givet imo.

The preview would have had top marks had you not put that in.

Agree, but i was just saying it purely on the basis that if he plays, which i made reference to. Imo, he is a class above alot of our players, as well as Boltons. However, its still a mystery, as to why he makes terrific cameo appeaeances, then doesnt get picked to start.

Anyway :rolleyes:

Yea, Mark Davies is banned who was really good for them last year, don't know what he's like this year.

Would like to see:

-----------------Robbo

-------Lowe Dann Givet Henley

This team fills me with confidence. Lower-table Championship confidence.

let me guess: Robinson and the rest of the that turd defense are going to start because "there is no one else."

What's my solution? Play the reserves or the kids. It simply can't get any worse anyway.

It's not really a solution though, is it? It's an incredibly risky alternative.

Agree, but i was just saying it purely on the basis that if he plays, which i made reference to. Imo, he is a class above alot of our players, as well as Boltons. However, its still a mystery, as to why he makes terrific cameo appeaeances, then doesnt get picked to start.

I've yet to see a terrific cameo. He's always looked average. About as good as Formica. Though if he was to play regularly he may well surpass him. He looks a little slow in possession though.

This is the game I hate. W"nky wanderers!! To compound my inevitable misery, losing any bragging rights for ages in my locals, I'm going to Keswick with five of the knobs on Thursday for a long walking (and drinking) weekend. I know we will lose, its the way God works.

My only chance is to put my life savings on the team that plays on Horwich tip, and there may be a chance we'll get a draw!!

My entire Rovers supporting life has been chequered with all the things 70's football fans did, (you know if you were around), and there were very few Rovers fans in Bolton in those days that I could get sympathy from.

My worst day, when the bustards won promotion at Ewood, was it '79?

And that feckin song '7 years of hating Blackburn Rovers'. you know the tune!!

PLEASE GIVE US A WIN, OR A DRAW!!

Archived