BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Vs Rovers

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading their Wanderersways forum it's bizzare the kind of rivalry they think they have with us. We are the dingles/6 fingered scum/scruffy hillbillies, infact pretty much everything we've always chucked at Burnley. I know quite a few Bolton fans and a lot see us as their main rivals despite most Rovers fans they know not giving a stuff about them. I hate them in as much as they are just a Manchester overspill local rival with mouthy fans but really it's just another game in the mold of Wigan or Blackpool. Such a shame for them that no one gives a damn about them enough to be bitter enough to hate them as true rivals in the mold of Rovers/Burnley, PNE/Blackpool etc. Anyway they are bringing over 3k tonight which is impressive and suprising so they must smell victory. I hope we stuff em out of sight and send the gobshites back to Horwich with nowt. Let's just see what their crowds are like next season should they stay down !

Bolton is a strange one - not quite Lancashire and not quite Manchester, so they have no real sense of belonging and no real rivals.

I think they just want us to be 'that rival' despite us not really caring about them either way.

Quite amusing that they think we are the Dingles though :lol:

Agree on a couple of earlier points for tonight's game:

* If either team plays to their potential, it could be a trouncing either way.

* Heart says Rovers win, head says score draw.

1-1.

Jake Kean should start imo. Robinson is out of shape, out of form, and costing us too many cheap goals. He shouldn't be undroppable.

Problem being, Jake isn't ready for regular first team football yet.

If he throw him in, he'll probably do ok in the main, but will be liable to lapses in concentration and simple mistakes.

I might be wrong of course, I'd love us to have a promising young GK playing regularly.

Much, much better than Bunn either way.

Robbo is still first choice for me, but really could do with a few less pies at the moment.

I was once told that boltons actual local rival was always Bury,

That's true. I went watching Bolton V Bury in a League Cup game in the early 90s. The old Burnden Park. Why was I there ?? Well, I was 14 and trying to impress a girl, and took her. Bury won 2-0! A shock win! I remember the bus journey home and all that entailed :P

I remember thinking "Dating girls is going to be amazing". Alas.. I was wrong ;)

Tonights game. 3-0 Rovers. Rhodes Hat-trick!

I have a ticket for tonight. My first match in over 12 months and the thought of losing tonight makes my stomach turn. If we win though, I will be straight in my local with Rovers top on and the smile of victory beaming out. Come on Blues, make my day!!

Problem being, Jake isn't ready for regular first team football yet.

If he throw him in, he'll probably do ok in the main, but will be liable to lapses in concentration and simple mistakes.

I might be wrong of course, I'd love us to have a promising young GK playing regularly.

Much, much better than Bunn either way.

Robbo is still first choice for me, but really could do with a few less pies at the moment.

Whole lot of conjecture right there.

What we do know is that Robbos' currently prone to " lapses in concentration and simple mistakes" and he's visibly overweight.

Jake Kean is younger, fitter and has a clean slate. All change, please!

My second match of the season following the Wolves' debacle.

Looking forward to it and want to come away having been entertained and preferably with a win.

Not sure at all what is going top happen as Rovers so unpredictable.

Going for a 1-1 draw.

Jake Kean should start imo. Robinson is out of shape, out of form, and costing us too many cheap goals. He shouldn't be undroppable.

It would certainly send a clear message out to everybody from the manager regarding what is acceptable and unacceptable.

Maybe he is not up to scratch , what does that make Murphy and Etuhu ?

Because these 2 are more of a problem than Robinson .....

I am just about to set off for Ewood , I am hoping for a win but I cannot see it , this is the 2nd of 3 games , where if things go badly , Venkys ownership of Rovers is going to come under very heavy criticism ...

I can understand your feelings towards Bolton, personally I see them just another Manchester club I couldn't give a monkeys about, they also have way too much of a strange obsession with us.

The big game for me is this weekend. That said we could really use a win, lose tonight and lose on Sunday and it's time to start worrying.

Especially with Cardiff after that. 3 losses and it's crisis time again.

• Backroom

Only change is king for olsson 2

Rochina has to be much much improved tonight although I don't think he warrants a start on the evidence of the last few games although he can be a match winner

Only change is king for olsson 2

Rochina has to be much much improved tonight although I don't think he warrants a start on the evidence of the last few games although he can be a match winner

I'd be tempted to put him wide and move Formica into the middle as an attacking midfielder. At least if Formica is poorly offensively he'll put a shift in and give us an extra body in the middle of midfield.

................... Robbo

Henley Dann Hanley Olsson

...........Murphy .... Etuhu

....................Formica

..Rochina ...................... King

................... Rhodes

Like that, sort of. Glad King is starting though.

Archived