• Thenodrog
    • Philipl
    • Mercerman
  5. 5. Talks the most rubbish award

• PhilipL
    • Braddock
    • Thenodrog

MODS: Please Pin!

EDIT: ON THE E-MAILS YOU NOW MUST INCLUDE YOUR BRFCS USERNAME (preferably in the email subject).

EMAIL ADDRESS FOR NOMINATIONS: brfcsdotcom@hotmail.com

http://www.brfcs.com...-grooby-awards/

2004/2005 saw the last 'Grooby Awards', on BRFCS (see above link).

Since these havent been done in a while (and it being close to the end of 2012), I thought it would be good to try and bring them back (under a different name.. now the BRFCS Awards!).

I cant remember how the previous ones where ran, so I've come up with my own system, it should work... I hope.

Below are the nomination categories:

Best Footballing Contributions

Best General Contributor

Most Entertaining Contributions

Most Controversial Contributions

'talks the most rubbish' Award

Now i've opened a hotmail account (brfcsdotcom@hotmail.com). If you'd like to bring these awards back, please start emailing your suggestions for the winners of each award to that email (I wont sell your email addresses on to anyone, before you start!). Simply copy and paste the above list, and add a name on to the end, in the following template:

Best Footballing Contributions - J*B

Best General Contributor - J*B

Most Entertaining Contributions - J*B

Most Controversial Contributions - J*B

'talks the most rubbish' Award - J*B

I'm going to keep this account open for 7 days - until December 5th. On December 5th, ill go through all the entries and have a 'top 3', for each award (determined by who has the most votes). I'll then post them publicly, where people can make their own votes for the shortlisted candidates on this thread.

Hopefully we can persuade Glenn to give out some prizes (of some form?) to the winners, but I havent as yet suggested this too him, and have written it publicly in the hope that it puts him in the awkward position where he has too give a prize.

It may work, it may not! But if it does, it should be a little bit of fun.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be more categories, imo. Like Best Newcomer, Best Moderator, Most Improved Member and Breast *ahem* Best avatar.

Probably, but it all gets a little bit technical at that point, and I didnt want to put people off. EG: Who is a newcomer? Has to be under 500 posts? Has to have joined before a certain date? It requires a lot more effort that way. Most improved member is quite a good idea, but theres already been 11 emails, so its slightly to late to change the nominations!

Hopefully if it works well this year, next year can have someone more suited to the role organising it!

Finding it hard to separate Best Footballing Contributions and Best General Contributor.

Could we not just combined that into the more prestigious title of "Best Contributor"?

Maybe, I can easily combine all the nominations early on if anyone else has the same problem? Alternatively, nominate the same person for both?

Won't people be able to nominate themselves this way?

Sorted, see edit at the top.

Emails must include your BRFCS username. Hopefully that should stop people nominating themselves.

Nice one.

Can one assume that all Emails sent prior to that little edit are OK regardless?

Its such a kean opening all 11 of my email accounts.

Yes, all the others already said they're user names, thankfully. And no, you've only voted once ;-)

Josh you have missed one topic for these awards which the individuals concerned deserves a lot of praise for.

That is best t-shirt design in the BRFCS shop PerthBlue & Glenn P deserve a lot of credit for the imaginative designs, When the club were going through a really rough patch they provided an alternative to the official club merchandise.

The t-shirts they produced have been of great quality and me and countless other members have bought many shirts from the shop and it has proved very popular.

I have personally spent quite a bit on there shirts and one of my favourites has to be the Keanochio shirt the one with all his quotes of all the lies that clown told.

Also Perth deserves a lot of credit as he was always open to adding new designs getting the various quotes doing the designs another great one was keanochio's imaginary dog!.

I reckon a poll of all the designs would be a good idea.

24 Hours (Ish update)

Current candidates:

Best Footballing Contributions:

1864 Roverite

Kelbo

Kamy100

Best General Contributor

Bob Fleming

Den

Kamy100

Most Entertaining Contributions

Bob Fleming

ABBEY

Mercerman

Most Controversial Contributions

PhilipL

Mercerman

Thenodrog

'talks the most rubbish' Award

Paffel

ABBEY

Braddock

They're in no order, by the way.

Unhappy with the choices? E-Mail your suggestions to brfcsdotcom@hotmail.com, theres not much in it at all!

wow! Love the initiative and speed on this one Josh, can "can I" to having the voting started in a few hours, I'm impressed.

Pound shop prizes are alight aren't they? :)

Now, we just need a volunteer to sort some kind of awards ceremony (well, name a date in a pub somewhere :) ).

• Backroom

I think for next year a good category would be best designed t-shirt in the brfcs spreadshirt shop.

But don't only 2 or sonpeople do them?

My best mod with a Mickey Mouse avatar category would be as hotly contested

Archived