BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] is our team capable of this goal?

47er

Obviously they are, thats a flat dry pitch...... our kids play on quagmires for 10 months of the average year. They have to learn to keep it off the ground. Those greek kids would get mullered if they tried that stuff up at Blackamoor or similar.

Obviously they are, thats a flat dry pitch...... our kids play on quagmires for 10 months of the average year. They have to learn to keep it off the ground. Those greek kids would get mullered if they tried that stuff up at Blackamoor or similar.

True dat!

I am at work, so I am not going to review this online, but if it is the same one I saw yesterday I would say that they nearly conceded a goal after about 10 seconds because of the goalie fannying around with the ball. His team seem to have a few bigger lads up front (bigger than the opposition anyway) so the goalie should have put his foot through it.

;)

I live near Blackamoor, where is / was the pitch?

What were the opposition playing at ? Long before they scored at least three of those players should have been booted over the touchline with good Anglo Saxon tackles.

Too many fancy dan footballers - one reason why we were relegated from the PL and are struggling now.

I think they mean Blacksnape in Darwen mate, known to the locals as "a quagmire with goalposts stuck on it"

Sorry I did mean Blacksnape but crap pitches are everywhere along that road. There did indeed used to be an awful one at Blackamoor where the Catholic Youth Club played in the 70's and I also took my lad to play on the sloping quagmire at Everton School for a couple of seasons when he was about 10.

It used to be brilliant playing away in the Lancs Sunday Trophy. The pitches around Blackpool, Preston and Bury seeme like Wembley. Even those around Burnley were miles better than Blackburn. So much better earth moving equipment and playing field technology around now but apart from half hearted attempts down Pleasi fields the football pitches in the borough continue to be a disgrace to the town.

btw the kid on the left wing who figured near the start and at the end looked a bit special.

Archived