BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest: Good Friday v Blackpol

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coward ? Numpty ? Moronic ? Oh and I got banned for a lot less , tell you what , if you believe I'm a coward ., next home game I will meet you somewhere quiet and see if you have the balls to say that to my face. It's people like you who get away with murder on this board that a lot of good posters have stopped posting . Didn't want us to win ? You really are one sad pathetic individual .but hey ho nowt will be done .

Pot, kettle, black

Your grounds too big for you has been sung for years. Blackpool were singing it towards PNE in the 90's.

The Darwen End lads try hard to generate some atmosphere, but some of it is so childlike the masses will never join in.

Most, including me, are saddened and angry in equal measure. It's a funny mix. It's hard to know how to behave at matches nowadays.

Yesterday was not a day for protesting. Our league position is perilous. Yesterday was a day for supporting the team, players and club. But few if any of them deserve it so it is difficult to find the enthusiasm to support players I have zero affinity with. Like I say it's rotten, been spoilt and most are tired with it all.

I sit near you Abbey. You've been much quieter than normal for weeks. As have the lads around us.

The saddest song for me yesterday was when one lad started the OOJW song and no one else joined in. A few attempted songs went that way.

Shocking atmosphere from Rovers fans yesterday. Well done to the Loons from Poon.

I left the singing yesterday for the folk who say get behind the team .. They didn't .

I got told to F off from some one hiding as well . I also had a massive sore throat so couldn't anyway . The Vs have slowly knocked enthusiasm out of everyone round where I sit . Say hello next game pal .. It's a myth I bite .

I left the singing yesterday for the folk who say get behind the team .. They didn't .

I got told to F off from some one hiding as well . I also had a massive sore throat so couldn't anyway . The Vs have slowly knocked enthusiasm out of everyone round where I sit . Say hello next game pal .. It's a myth I bite .

No probs, will do. We sit where the songs originate from, but like i say even when songs are started many stay silent and the 8 of us singing, there's only 8 of us singing starts!

The saddest song for me yesterday was when one lad started the OOJW song and no one else joined in. A few attempted songs went that way.

Shocking atmosphere from Rovers fans yesterday. Well done to the Loons from Poon.

The saddest thing is that the OOJW song is now seen as an anti-Venkys protest song.

I wonder if people now feel that Venkys are our life-support machine - keeping alive a gravely ill Rovers - or if people have just lost interest and are attending because (in true Blackburn fashion) 'I've bloody well paid for that season ticket so I'm going'?

I dread to think what season ticket sales will be like next season.

If Venkys do care about 'their baby' then they must go all out to tempt a manager of high standing to the club and give them complete control over football matters. Sadly I think there are people at the club who want to have control in that area despite being completely unqualified.

The idea of a group of grown men putting their arms around each other and singing songs to 11 other men seems a bit weird when you think about it.

And its exactly that kind of attitude that has instigated the modern decline in atmosphere. Its not supposed to be rationalised, its supposed to be primal, simplistic fun. Its being part of the spectacle because thats more enjoyable than just sitting there watching it. The idea of a group of grown men and women putting their arms around each other and joining in songs with 4/5 other grown men and women seems a bit weird when you think about it, but I certainly wouldn't go to a music festival and stand there like a boring **** all day.

Personally I just think people are either embarassed or lazy when they don't bother to sing. Worrying about what their wife/girlfriend will think about their out of tune voice or whether someone on the rows in front will turn around and look at them. Like I said its either that or its the type of fan that plonk themselves in the Blackburn End for some atmosphere and then expect everyone else to create it except them.

Its Simply the ban on terraces that destroyed the stadium atmosphere in this country, when everybody's stood up and crowded together your less self conscious and just go with the flow, as it is now, when somebody instigates a chant people look around 1st to see if enough other people around them are joining in so they can then join in themselves without drawing attention to themselves.

Its Simply the ban on terraces that destroyed the stadium atmosphere in this country, when everybody's stood up and crowded together your less self conscious and just go with the flow, as it is now, when somebody instigates a chant people look around 1st to see if enough people around them are joining in so they can then join in themselves without being noticed.

I think you are half right. I'd say it's more about being allocated a place to sit, which may mean groups are spilt up.

The Darwen End unreserved seating seems to go some way towards reversing this.

In the absence of safe standing, maybe what's needed next is unreserved seating in certain sections of the BBE lower?

I would say to anyone wanting to sing with like-minded folk to move to the Darwen End... You're still behind the goal and can stand where you want.

They won't make an unreserved area anywhere else due to the backlash from people who would complain they were not able to sit in the seat they've had for years. The Darwen End was chosen as the unreserved area for this reason, I don't think the club expected an unofficial singing section to turn out as successful as it has. If it wasn't for the vocal element it would not have opened to home fans again this season.

• Backroom

The numpties that moved over the the Blackburn End for the Leeds game out me off ever considering moving to the darwen end sadly

The numpties that moved over the the Blackburn End for the Leeds game out me off ever considering moving to the darwen end sadly

I'd heard about that (on here I think)... it spoils our reputation if indeed they were from the DE as it's not the norm. The occasional song now and then may be a bit questionable, but you could probably say that about any set of fans I suppose.

• Backroom

True enough, they were singing take me home to the darwen end so I presume they were from there.

At the time I said A for effort but some of the songs were well out of order and more a negative influence on atmosphere than anything as the regular singers that are left in N01 didn't seem to want to join in with the infantile chanting

Pot, kettle, black

Excuse me ?

I've had my share of bans Paul , some fair some not .

When have I upset you ?

You haven't upset me. The increasing number of posters who use pretty unpleasant language, have a certain attitude and in some instances whinge constantly is one of the main reasons I don't post much. I don't want to wade through threads littered with VENKYS SCUM every other post.

It makes me smile when you suggest others push people away when your posting style does exactly that for me.

NUMPTIES ?understatement of the year Tom ha. What a bunch of chvy scrotes they were wernt they.

I'd heard about that (on here I think)... it spoils our reputation if indeed they were from the DE as it's not the norm. The occasional song now and then may be a bit questionable, but you could probably say that about any set of fans I suppose.

blackburn end are w, shittu is a pedo, peds shags evans? (i think) , 20 mins left and they sing wembley just a dream and then swore at everyone for not gettting behind the team......we are the darwen end they cried.

You haven't upset me. The increasing number of posters who use pretty unpleasant language, have a certain attitude and in some instances whinge constantly is one of the main reasons I don't post much. I don't want to wade through threads littered with VENKYS SCUM every other post.

It makes me smile when you suggest others push people away when your posting style does exactly that for me.

are they not venky scum tho? how would you describe them then. Venky scum sums them up in two words for me.

Archived