BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest: Good Friday v Blackpol

What makes you think a newly-found conglomerate club would have any more relevance to rovers fans than Burnley FC?

This is all stuff and nonsense. Where would the Blackburn rovers identity be within Lancashire County FC? It wouldn't, it would be lost. I can't even believe I'm debating this, it's embarrassing.

For somebody residing in East Kent Bryan I suggest it's all irrelevent anyway.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart...why has it never been considered or implemented before? In the 70's / 80's, PNE, Rovers, Burnley, Pool, Wigan all struggled to pay the bills and generate support.

Bloody odd that you are not in favour of combining to form a larger club able to compete at the top level given your username! Jack Walker was the sole reason that we were promoted to the Prem, won the Prem, competed in European football and all in a magnificent stadium. There truly was only one Jack Walker..... so now we have to find an alternative.

• Backroom

no I don't but I'm glad you've stated nobody knows on here too! Ha ha ha that is a classic statement and proves beyond doubt that people have lied on here regarding venkys admin fire sale etc!.Anyway going infirmary pub now then to SUPPORT my team and if any clown starts protesting during the game around me will be politely told to fookoff !

Christ, you really are turning into a detestable troll. Are you sure you're not about 15?

I don't go to very many games at all (4 this season) for some very specific reasons. Am I a coward?

when we climb back to the prem il be glad you won't be on ewood alongside me... Venkys or new owners you've deserted the club so let your bitterness fade away and stop boring us.

What are you smoking?

And for all those who no longer go to Ewood because of Venky's, how many will return as supporters once the owners leave??

Especially when ST's prices double as they must.

I stand to be corrected on this but there is no concrete proof either way is there as to Venky's exact level of wealth or as to the level of funding they have personally committed to the Club.

I haven't seen any report in the Independent claiming they're worth 2bn (link?) but the only thing we can say is the Premier League and the Walker Trust must have been happy enough with the source and depth of the funding respectively though at the time they took over the Club.

Maybe it is only a small thing in the overall fabric of disaster that has been the last 2-3 years but the fact funding has been provided for a 3G pitch in an attempt to regain category one status is a sign of ongoing financial commitment from the owners. It's also safe to say there'd be no money for anything like this were the Trust or Messrs Battersbie and Currie to take over at the helm.

You're right Rev. There is no concrete proof either way. But I can only go off experience to date, and the circumstantial evidence does not look good.

A 3G pitch a baby step in the right direction and I'm sure it will keep the FA happy. Let's see if it amounts to anything. However, the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.

You need to calm down a bit, you know you can't get worked up at your age :lol:

How many people would go and watch "Lancashire United" instead of Rovers (I certainly wouldn't and I suspect 90 per cent of Rovers fans wouldn't either) and who says "Lancashire United" would be self-financing ? Why do you think it would work or be any better than what we have at present ?

Try to reply without swearing.

Still only criticism and no positive input to ensure (as much as is possible) top level football in this area for football fans of the future. As I've said freqently you two appear incapable of any constructive thought whatsoever.

Here's a question for you ...... as 'Financial Fair Play' becomes ever more influential in football and forbids wealthy owners from chucking money at a club how do you think that will affect li'l ol BRFC with our pathetic support only staying one place above tragic support because of suicidally priceed ST's? Then consider how it will affect our equally thinly supported neighbours.

Let me know when you've done so.

I stand to be corrected on this but there is no concrete proof either way is there as to Venky's exact level of wealth or as to the level of funding they have personally committed to the Club.

I haven't seen any report in the Independent claiming they're worth 2bn (link?) but the only thing we can say is the Premier League and the Walker Trust must have been happy enough with the source and depth of the funding respectively though at the time they took over the Club.

Maybe it is only a small thing in the overall fabric of disaster that has been the last 2-3 years but the fact funding has been provided for a 3G pitch in an attempt to regain category one status is a sign of ongoing financial commitment from the owners. It's also safe to say there'd be no money for anything like this were the Trust or Messrs Battersbie and Currie to take over at the helm.

You're right Rev. There is no concrete proof either way. But I can only go off experience to date, and the circumstantial evidence does not look good.

A 3G pitch a baby step in the right direction and I'm sure it will keep the FA happy. Let's see if it amounts to anything. However, the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.

Wot? No wi Fi?

Well I've stayed quiet long enough on this subject now . Yesterday I said let's see how these don't protest get behind your team happy clapping folk do. So off I went to ewood expecting a loud croud who were non stop singing behind their team. What in fact happened was the most quiet dullest boring atmosphere I've ever witnessed at ewood. So tell me this oh get behind the team typey keyboard chaps n chapperettes , why the frig don't you practice what you preach . There wasn't one loud chant anywhere in the ground backing the team ? Why ? All talk huff n puff that's why.

It isn't even happy clapping any more it's sit on your hands and don't make a sound , but dare just dare shout venkys out and you are greeted with F off !!

Rovers Fans have now turned into the venky appreciation society and its quiet frankly an EMBARASSMENT !!!!!!

Well I've stayed quiet long enough on this subject now . Yesterday I said let's see how these don't protest get behind your team happy clapping folk do. So off I went to ewood expecting a loud croud who were non stop singing behind their team. What in fact happened was the most quiet dullest boring atmosphere I've ever witnessed at ewood. So tell me this oh get behind the team typey keyboard chaps n chapperettes , why the frig don't you practice what you preach . There wasn't one loud chant anywhere in the ground backing the team ? Why ? All talk huff n puff that's why.

It isn't even happy clapping any more it's sit on your hands and don't make a sound , but dare just dare shout venkys out and you are greeted with F off !!

Rovers Fans have now turned into the venky appreciation society and its quiet frankly an EMBARASSMENT !!!!!!

agreed on no atmosphere and the Blackburn end have been like that all season, however those turning up regularly this season should be applauded for sticking by their club amongst all the turmoil!.As for the likes of you, if you don't like it stay away and polish your armchair :-)

• Moderation Lead

You sound like a guy that sits me in the BBE lower that shouts Venky's out every time we concede....

I shout it before during n after .

When the good times return cowards like you will go into hiding cause you can't take it!.How dare you call fans for simply just turning up to support their team!.I bet you was gutted when Rhodes scored cause it prevented you from posting more negative bile from your gutless brain.Criticise the owners is fine but to criticise fans for not staying away like you is childish , moronic and pathetic.Like I've told you before numpty, if you can't stand us happy loyal clapper fans, kean off

Someone was waving a flag in the JW upper, does that count.

• Moderation Lead

When the good times return cowards like you will go into hiding cause you can't take it!.How dare you call fans for simply just turning up to support their team!.I bet you was gutted when Rhodes scored cause it prevented you from posting more negative bile from your gutless brain.Criticise the owners is fine but to criticise fans for not staying away like you is childish , moronic and pathetic.Like I've told you before numpty, if you can't stand us happy loyal clapper fans, kean off

I shouldn't really have a nibble as it gives your posts credence, but you don't half talk some sh1te!!!

If you knew this fella it don't think you'd question his support down the years. People are entitled to their opinions ffs it's a message board. Your showing yourself self up to be a 12 year old WUM.

agreed on no atmosphere and the Blackburn end have been like that all season, however those turning up regularly this season should be applauded for sticking by their club amongst all the turmoil!.As for the likes of you, if you don't like it stay away and polish your armchair :-)

are you on a mission to personally insult and @#/? off every regular member of this forum?

You're not a fan of any kind your just an enabler for the likes of singh and shagnew to carry on destroying the club at ground level.

As Abbey pointed out there aren't even any real 'Rovers Fans' at the games more like 'sedated melancholic clappers'(and even the clapping part is rare), I'm personally not in favour of official/organised protests, but I am in full favour of fans airing there feelings towards the club in whatever way the feel like in the moment, without bs merchants like you turning on them for whatever absurd reasons you have.

are you on a mission to personally insult and @#/? off every regular member of this forum?

You're not a fan of any kind your just an enabler for the likes of singh and shagnew to carry on destroying the club at ground level.

As Abbey pointed out there aren't even any real 'Rovers Fans' at the games more like 'sedated melancholic clappers'(and even the clapping part is rare), I'm personally not in favour of official/organised protests, but I am in full favour of fans airing there feelings towards the club in whatever way the feel like in the moment, without bs merchants like you turning on them for whatever absurd reasons you have.

Hang on a minute pal , please don't accuse me of insulting every poster I disagree with cause that's totally untrue if you care to take a look!.Take a look at Preston blues comments towards me regarding my report on last nites match for starters or blue and whites response to anything I post!.Point is pal unless I'm slagging the club players owners you name it, they're on me like flies round @#/? !.By the way if you havnt already noticed, there are a number of Dingles on this board slagging the club off and stirring up @#/? amongst members or have you already noticed it?.Finally when people stop insulting me for being positive about my club I will do also likewise!.If you think abbey is entitled to have ago constantly at loyal fans for sticking by their club then you really are as bad as him!.When you read my posts 'insulting'kindly read the ones linked to it before you character access me!.

Blackburn End's natural leaders are in the Darwen End now imo. They sing and have most craic with the away fans most the game but they need more numbers. The numbers are still in the BBurn End but they aren't leaders. All round the quality humour and invention which used to be there has gone. In truth Blackpool had the best chant of the day with 'Your ground's too big for you'. :)

Blackpool with the dodgy Oystons and our useless ex manager returning to the ground (A chorus of Shoot... shoot... shoot should have accompanied his every visit to the touchline) should have been easy targets but unfortunately our lot simply don't appear to have either the wit or an original thought in their bodies. The mind numbing 'Gedintoem' was about the first shout from the Bburn End sometime in the second half and that is just pathetic.

Archived