BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest: Good Friday v Blackpol

Haha.

Hang on, you just told me you can't see why Burnley fans couldn't go and watch Rovers. Which is it?

Sorry, have a lot of things on my mind at the moment, I'm not being deliberately thick, but where did I say Burnley fans couldn't go and watch Rovers?

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair dos, it was the other way about Bryan. Rovers not wanting to go to watch Bumley. But the the principle is the same.

However I'll not push the issue if you aren't in the mood.

havnt you already stopped going to ewood?(apart from the dingle match!)

Let me think. Its been a while.....sheff wed, wolves and brum this season. 24 years before that

I'll be back when Venkys have gone and the talk of BRFC folding without them and the halarious prospect of Lancashire United rising from the ashes have been proved to be nothing more than wind and p.iss

I think you should all set up lancs utd now!havnt you heard the news folks?...the prem league and FA have been found guilty of various crimes and wrong doing, were gonna be de- moted, all players will be sold, administration and venkys have run off with all the money!!.... All this is according to most doom and gloom posters before and during this season!.utd utd utd

Despite the rivalry a lot of poeple used to watch Rovers AND Burnley in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Having said that if Rovers go belly up I wont be supporting a Lancs Utd.

Football is almost dead for me now anyway, that would just be the final nail in the coffin.

Might take up curling...

You can't organise protests, they'll likely happen anyway. It's got to the point with me, that there's no other option - if you don't want to see the continuation of this rape, then don't buy a ST next season. No ST sales, no Venky's. They would have no other option to get out of the club.

This is 100% right and I can't believe anyone could still disagree. The fans must stay away. No money coming in means Venky's would have to look at selling.

This is 100% right and I can't believe anyone could still disagree. The fans must stay away. No money coming in means Venky's would have to look at selling.

We are allegedly losing £2m per month.

10,000 fans left, paying, let's say £15, twice a month. That's £300,000 per month extra losses. Not much of a difference really.

The financial reasons to clear off are already here. The only thing an empty stadium would do is embarrass Venkys. And they aren't easily embarrassed. So far removed are they that in that situation I'd fully expect Balaji to continue to tell us that he "loves the fans".

Also if it's going to happen it needs to happen before we are in League One otherwise it will have no impact whatsoever.

But, in any case, we continue to go around in circles. There will NOT be a 100% boycott.

From listening to Shebby, low attendances seem to be the only effective form of protest.

I don't buy into the "we need higher attendances to attract potential buyers either". They will know why there are low attendances and will know they will rise again once Venky's have f###ked off. Not as high as before obviously but still...

I can't see how any other form of protest tried so far will work. The media won't discuss it much, if at all. There will always be the Braddock, HappySaddoClapper, Ewood Spark etc people who go anyway but a few games/weeks of sub 5000 attendances will cause Venky's to act imo.

Maybe not sell but possibly appoint some proper people to run the club.

10,000 fans left, paying, let's say £15, twice a month. That's £300,000 per month extra losses. Not much of a difference really.

Don't forget, Stu, that we have the parachute money at present. Assuming that we can't rid ourselves of Venky's in the relative short term, in say three years time there will be around 5k season ticket holders and a few walk ons. Corporate customers will be few and far between and therefore overall income will be neglible and that pitched against the cost of running a massively oversized Ewood Park.

I can't see Venky's wanting to hang around and fund that sort of scenario. The way forward has to be a blanket ban on season ticket purchases. I certainly won't be getting one next season and I've only missed out on three seasons since I bought my first one in 1973.

Too many people pulling in too many directions with protest suggestions for tomorrow means there'll be nothing organised. However, if we go one or two goals down I think things could get a little nasty.

The financial reasons to clear off are already here. The only thing an empty stadium would do is embarrass Venkys. And they aren't easily embarrassed. So far removed are they that in that situation I'd fully expect Balaji to continue to tell us that he "loves the fans".

Also if it's going to happen it needs to happen before we are in League One otherwise it will have no impact whatsoever.

But, in any case, we continue to go around in circles. There will NOT be a 100% boycott.

What you do is up to you. They haven't had any money out of me in 2 years, and the club won't have until they're gone.

What you do is up to you. They haven't had any money out of me in 2 years, and the club won't have until they're gone.

Fair play to you - that's your protest. But they are still here.

From my point of view my ethos has always been, if I can afford to go then I'll go. May be stupid in the current situation but there it is.

I'm hoping that by continuing to go, it keeps the club running as a 'going concern for the purpose of football'. Think of me a bit like Dev off of Corrie. Not wanting to switch Sunita's machine off. Except that I'm hoping Venkys will be gone before it's too late. I'm not convinced that everyone who has stopped going because of Venkys will actually return.

I will not forgive Venkys for what they have done to my club but my biggest worry is not the 11 players on the pitch or the division we're in. In fact, having something to complain about for an hour and a half can be quite cathartic, no, it's the possibility of my money being lost completely if they shut the club down. That is what will have me wavering over the "Pay Now" button in the Summer.

• Backroom

I'm not convinced that everyone who has stopped going because of Venkys will actually return.

A sizeable chunk are lost forever, of that I'm certain. We'll be lucky to get back a third of those that have stopped going to Ewood, even with new owners.

when we climb back to the prem il be glad you won't be on ewood alongside me... Venkys or new owners you've deserted the club so let your bitterness fade away and stop boring us.

Sorry, but I'm past caring about all of your opinions(even the ones I agree with), your relentlessly boring us all(just as much as the miserable irritating gits you whine at bore us)

• Backroom

I really want to know why you have such confidence in Venkys that no-one else has.

Because he's a WUM or Shebby Singh (arguably the same thing).

Glen did mention he'd spoken to him the other day at the match. 2+2=...?

Archived