BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest: Good Friday v Blackpol

I know its very sad of me to quote myself :blush: , but I never got a reply, yet I thought my initial question is pretty fundamental to the entire thread!

all this talk and idea suggestions of protests is fine(though they're more trouble than there worth imo.), But who exactly are you expecting to organize them and get word out to the other 10,000 rovers fans at the game that don't use this site.

Previous official protests where all organised by brag(or its members prior to brags formation) as far as i'm aware and it seems they now have other things on there plate,

so who?

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No disrespect intended but ever thought Stuart that if you'd paused to put your brain in gear before engaging your keypad you wouldn't need to apologise. Second time in 24 hours that I've felt the need to quote the story of Gelert.

People shouldn't feel like they are walking on eggshells all the time for fear someone will hurl accusations. There's too much of this stuff around these days.

Yes, yes and yes.

No disrespect intended but ever thought Stuart that if you'd paused to put your brain in gear before engaging your keypad you wouldn't need to apologise. Second time in 24 hours that I've felt the need to quote the story of Gelert.

People shouldn't feel like they are walking on eggshells all the time for fear someone will hurl accusations. There's too much of this stuff around these days.

hear, hear

• Backroom

breaking my silence just this once but how about fans from ALL groups donning these.No idea where to get them from but it would send a media message out.

283204_10152243723910995_1010501988_n.jp

Glenn Pegden mentioned a paper bag protest last year one time as something that had been done in America

Whilst it would look good if a lot did it there's a good chance of it ending up like the balloon protest that time

breaking my silence just this once but how about fans from ALL groups donning these.No idea where to get them from but it would send a media message out.

283204_10152243723910995_1010501988_n.jp

Best idea yet Abbey! Cheap but very very effective. (Toronto Maple Leaf I'd imagine..... the colours right too.)

btw Welcome back. Sometimes this board can take itself too seriously. Your old buddy Jan's returned too. Dunno what she did but it must have been serious cos cos she's been away 6 months or so. :unsure:

You can get 'anonymous' masks(aka Guy Fawkes/v for vendetta style) very cheap of amazon(and stores all over the place).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ANONYMOUS-VENDETTA-FAWKES-FANCY-HALLOWEE/dp/B007BDGLFM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364052851&sr=8-1

(they can be used as they are or simply coloured in blue&White)

for those not aware the symbol of this mask is now recognised the world over as the face of protest for regular folks fighting against the system and the powers that be.

p.s. Best thing about just wearing a mask as a form of protest is obviously that it shouldn't effect the players in anyway and makes for great photo opportunities for the media to use.

Dunn taking the p1ss once again. Bless. He's not the sharpest tool in the box

“I hope the fans can somehow have some sympathy for the players

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The manager carries the can but the real reason we are dire and in danger of relegation is because of the surrender monkeys on the pitch

Blow it out your a*se Dunn

Dunn taking the p1ss once again. Bless. He's not the sharpest tool in the box

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The manager carries the can but the real reason we are dire and in danger of relegation is because of the surrender monkeys on the pitch

Blow it out your a*se Dunn

just about had enough of you chicken brain!.You constantly scour the media looking for anything to pick on the Rovers!.The lad is rovers till he dies and has opinion that is VALID cause he's on the pitch you tool !.The lad bleeds blue blood and is trying to get fans to be the 12 th man cause it DOES help!.Your either a dingle or a wum but with half a brain.Youve only been a couple of games and make yourself out to bea fan but all you ever do is spout negative @#/?!.

I shouldn't rise to it but what the hell.

There is nothing but negative you moronic imbecilic numptoidal pillock. Have you been asleep for two years or had your head up Venkys arse?

How you even have the capacity to breathe successfully is beyond me.

I shouldn't rise to it but what the hell.

There is nothing but negative you moronic imbecilic numptoidal pillock. Have you been asleep for two years or had your head up Venkys arse?

How you even have the capacity to breathe successfully is beyond me.

youve chosen to stay away and slag the club , players, light fittings etc but this time you've over stepped the mark regarding Dunn and calling the players monkeys, now chicken brain for the last time Fackoooof and get dewn te terf ! COWARD

Just protest! How many times are we going to hear this, get behind the players blah blah blah. There is a reason why people are angry, and its not just because of Venkys. There are only a few players who give a @#/? about the shirt, the rest are only in it for the money. If we were winning, then the fans would be well and truly behind the team. However, its not the fact that we are losing or struggling, its because we have players who are just not interested anymore.

Well I'm not protesting. I don't mean to sound harsh but are people thick or what? We've just been put back in charge of a guy who proved himself thoroughly capable in the time he was given last time round. We have an excellent chance of winning on friday. If Bowyer does well in these last 9 games then he has a decent chance of getting the job on a permanent basis. And then we can gear up for what will likely be our very last decent shot at promotion next season. And once again under Bowyer the fans are busy obsessing over protests.

Where was all this when a numpty from Blackpool who'd won 2 games in 12 came along? Oh yeah I remember, half the malcontents on this thread were singing his praises. Its about time fans stopped backing the wrong horse and b*****ing about with all this rubbish when they should be busy backing the right one (or at least the best one we're gonna get for now). Bowyer had to put up with this nonsense last time because people were crying over Berg getting sacked. No wonder Dunny's trying to get fans to support the team this time. Instead of pointless protests at the deserved sacking of rubbish managers.

Well I'm not protesting. I don't mean to sound harsh but are people thick or what? We've just been put back in charge of a guy who proved himself thoroughly capable in the time he was given last time round. We have an excellent chance of winning on friday. If Bowyer does well in these last 9 games then he has a decent chance of getting the job on a permanent basis. And then we can gear up for what will likely be our very last decent shot at promotion next season. And once again under Bowyer the fans are busy obsessing over protests.

Where was all this when a numpty from Blackpool who'd won 2 games in 12 came along? Oh yeah I remember, half the malcontents on this thread were singing his praises. Its about time fans stopped backing the wrong horse and b*****ing about with all this rubbish instead of supporting the right one (or at least the best one we're gonna get for now). Bowyer had to put up with this nonsense last time because people were crying over Berg getting sacked. No wonder Dunny's trying to get fans to support the team this time. Instead of pointless protests at the deserved sacking of rubbish managers.

Not that I think a protest will do any good but you are clearly too close. You need to step back and see the full picture.

This is not about a win on Friday. Yes, we need points to avoid relegation but Gary Bowyer has already said he doesn't want the job. In any case, we are STUCK with Venkys for the foreseeable future. So even if we avoid relegation this season, there is a very good chance we will be relegated next season instead. Until Venkys leave, we are not going to improve.

Your ability to wipe away the memories of the last 2 years and instead focus on what has happened in the last couple of weeks is to your credit but don't expect people to blindly obey. After all, we are all thick malcontents b******ing about "backing the wrong horse" and planning protests over the sackings of rubbish managers - nothing at all to do with the imbeciles who keep hiring them.

What exactly, out of ANYTHING that Venkys have done, gives you the slightest impression that we will have a "decent shot at promotion next season"?

No, seriously, I want to know. I don't mean to sound harsh.

Archived