BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest: Good Friday v Blackpol

HappyForeverClapper.......

How can anybody put any faith what-so-ever in these delusional maniacs who who are owning this club

(i refrain from using the term running for obvious reasons!)

Judging from experience over the last two years, every joke decision they make just makes the previous one sound better....

Under these owners there is no way forward.....

Will you still be saying the same, that Venkys are the only ones who could save us, when we are playing the likes of Wrexham and Grimsby in the lower depths of Non-league football..??.....

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think SS said something along the lines of judging the financial state by looking at the assets and we are ok asset wise. A bit worrying because you can read it as we are ok with running up debts because we can sell assets to cover them, thing is that day will loom sooner or later !

Those assets are worth a lot less when they are relegated and they and their agents are demanding a move...

Happy - see where you are coming from, and we could go from frying pan to fire - however my concern is the lack of trust in our owners that they will bank roll us anyway. This season they have just increased our debt - when I see something saying debt has been converted to shares (similar to what Jack did) - then I might start to think they are bank rolling us rather than just getting us further into debt. Bottom line - there is no trust in the owners motives - as fans we need something tangible to prove they are genuine, and the only tangible proof we have at the moment is that they don't know what they are doing.

i totally understand the fans lack of trust but cast your mind back to this time last year and we had predictions of fire sale, admin, no money to spend on players etc.Fact is we NEED the owners and hope they see sense and appoint the right man this time and if they don't then I will surely demand they sell up, but for now il stick by them in hope we do cause I don't wanna be like Dingles...no money no ambition!.

i totally understand the fans lack of trust but cast your mind back to this time last year and we had predictions of fire sale, admin, no money to spend on players etc.Fact is we NEED the owners and hope they see sense and appoint the right man this time and if they don't then I will surely demand they sell up, but for now il stick by them in hope we do cause I don't wanna be like Dingles...no money no ambition!.

But whilst the owners are taking advice from clowns R us we will be in the same position. In my opinion they will continue to make grave mistakes listening to the current incumbents and parasites. Much more importantly than appointing a manager they need a proper football person in the most senior position, not some no mark with an agenda.

But whilst the owners are taking advice from clowns R us we will be in the same position. In my opinion they will continue to make grave mistakes listening to the current incumbents and parasites. Much more importantly than appointing a manager they need a proper football person in the most senior position, not some no mark with an agenda.

Exactly - important to remember that without Agnew, Shaw would not be here.

correct

you can't bankroll a club unless you have more than30 k fans and young quality players to sell every season lik the walker trust did under John Williams ... Answer the question please.

So to bankroll a club you need the mentioned criteria? In that case they cannot bankroll our club as we don't fit your criteria. The Question has been answered, read the reply. I'd far rather be owned by Worsel and Aunt Sally as with them we'd know what we are getting, something we currently don't enjoy. Keep on clapping and each to their own.

So to bankroll a club you need the mentioned criteria? In that case they cannot bankroll our club as we don't fit your criteria. The Question has been answered, read the reply. I'd far rather be owned by Worsel and Aunt Sally as with them we'd know what we are getting, something we currently don't enjoy. Keep on clapping and each to their own.

to bankroll a club you DO need that criteria...FACT

• Backroom

Thanks for quoting his diatribe so I can see it :glare:

I wonder if you'll be dubbed cowards or chicken brained??

Coward and chicken? Wasn't that a Cartoon Network show back in the 90's :P

HCF. Re your 'ultimatum', I'd pick non-league obscurity and a sensibly run club right now if it meant Venkys clucked off.

I said more than a year ago that I would have accepted demotion to the lower leagues in return for the club being purged of Venkys, Shebby, Kean etc. I still stand by this. It is why I am finding myself, a bit distubingly, not bothered by the prospect of a further relegation. Something has to get rid of the scum involved with our club. I would rather support the team as it struggles along in League 1 or 2 under 'good' owners/management than support it struggling in the Championship under this regime. No doubt about that in my mind.

The problem is, the longer this whole thing goes on, the worse the eventual punishment will be for the club and us as fans. I fear we are not going to be left with a Blackburn Rovers to follow. What can we do about this in terms of protests? I don't think anything at all, really.

I agree that the tales of doom and gloom and firesales didn't come to true - however we are losing lost of money at the moment and nobody is saying who is covering that. Everybodies fear is that once they realise the mess the finances are in - they will just sell up what assets we have and leave us with debts, most decent players sold and no room for ambition.

P.S. For what it is worth - I don't think we should have any protests until we are safe. At the end of the day - IF somebody takes us over it will be easier while in the Championship than League 1.

Like any of us gave a hoot about agents when we were smashing transfer records & signing the best around.

Do you think Shearer & Sutton & co came here because they admired the antique stands or the club's illustrious history as founder members of the FL?

No they came because we were lashing more brass around than anyone else

I was far from complaining at the time so I'm not going to start now

I have no issues with agents getting paid extortionate amounts of money. My bone of contention is that the player rather than the club's should pay them. After all who are they representing.

Like any of us gave a hoot about agents when we were smashing transfer records & signing the best around.

Do you think Shearer & Sutton & co came here because they admired the antique stands or the club's illustrious history as founder members of the FL?

My original post was aimed at the view that agents have too much power in modern football, and one in particular has been largely responsible for interfering to the detriment of BRFC. Comparison to transfers in the 1990s is irrelevant.

So by definition Neal you are quite happty about the direction the club is going in?

Hold on Gordon ... if the club followed the advice you gave here :- http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/28596-battersby-and-currie/?p=1392903

it would lead to .... this ...

brfcshirt_zps9833dfec.jpg

and this ....

brfcground_zpsd95333c9.jpg

and this ...

brfcbadge_zps8cc4de51.jpg

!!!!!

So dont talk to me about the future direction of the club.

Regarding protests ... if you and your cohorts managed to convince any future owner to adopt your hare-brained scheme, and DELIBERATELY planned to destroy the club, then 'worry-ye-not ' .... I would be first in line to man the barricades.

After listening to radio lancs tonite and in particular battersby and curries(respectable professional people)views for and against venkys, protests on Friday etc, lets hope the fans can cheer the team to victory and put issues aside!.I personally don't think we could have anyone better than these two guys speaking for us at this present time.

How many of those companies have anything to do with sport, let alone football? EVERYTHING they've done (well, apart from the sackings of the last 2 managers) has been to the detriment of the club. What they have torn to shreds over 2 years was a project that started about3/4 years before I was even born (1991).

A stopped clock is right twice a day, but Venkys have an even worse record than that!

Re: your positivity post earlier: It isn't the positivity in general that winds people up; it's the positivity that is devoid of all logic that iritates people.

Venkys are stupid. I've come to this conclusion after witnessing the car crash that is their ownership of BRFC.

The hangers on / board of BRFC / agents / advisors & freeloaders are out to grab as much of Sky tv & Venkys money whilst the going is good.

They will leave the Pune numbnuts high and dry when the gravy train ends.

The antics of those in charge have made it easy for the pampered modern day footballers to not give a damn about putting in a shift.

A viscous circle of Shyte compounding all problems.

It will not end until Venkys / Shebby / Shaw / Agnew have gone.

I'm sure people would have taken issue if shearer and suttons agents had received 400% of the transfer fee or 14M and 20M ala Rochina

I'm sure people would have taken issue if shearer and suttons agents had received 400% of the transfer fee or 14M and 20M ala Rochina

Maj, in the real world that we all live in, you're dead right. In the fantasy land, that's so far removed from reality as far as we're all concerned, you're wrong.

I believe the nameless one, excused himself from that transaction with words to the effect that that's how the game operates, it's generally the norm.

In any walk of life however, there will always be some more gullible than others to be preyed upon.

Nameless was probably correct and therein lies the underlying problem IMO.

Do you think Karl Oyston would have been suckered in such away? ( not that I would sing his praises btw)

Hold on Gordon ... if the club followed the advice you gave here :- http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/28596-battersby-and-currie/?p=1392903

it would lead to .... this ...

brfcshirt_zps9833dfec.jpg

and this ....

brfcground_zpsd95333c9.jpg

and this ...

brfcbadge_zps8cc4de51.jpg

!!!!!

So dont talk to me about the future direction of the club.

Regarding protests ... if you and your cohorts managed to convince any future owner to adopt your hare-brained scheme, and DELIBERATELY planned to destroy the club, then 'worry-ye-not ' .... I would be first in line to man the barricades.

Emotive stuff ES. Unfortunately your misty eyed theme is designed to have a destructive effect on people rather than a constructive one. Giving criticism rather than coming up with viable suggestion is pretty usual stuff for you and similar dinosaurs I must say.

Consider......

PNE once went an entire season undefeated and were named the Invincibles just like Arsenal did a few years ago. 1888-89 I think it was. The older supporters eyes still mist over at the memory of the truly great Tom Finney mesmerising the opposition defenders throughout the 50's.

Burnley won the 1st Div title and played in the European Cup in 1960 with such superb players as Jimmy McIlroy, John Connelly and Ray Pointer .

Bolton lead by Nat Lofthouse England's 'Lion of Vienna' beat Man utd to win the FA Cup in 58.

Blackpool beat Bolton to win the FA Cup in 53 in the famous 'Matthews Final'.

At that time ALL these clubs were playing in the top division!

The abolishment of the maximum wage saw that all that off through the 60's. The best players moved to the bigger wealthier clubs and football in this area could never be the same again. Next blow came in the 70's the big clubs flexed their muscles and disposed of the gate receipt sharing system so that home teams keep the gate money with the result that income streams for large clubs increased and those for small clubs dried up even more (rem Jacks 3m pa was put in place to redress that balance). Finally in the late 90's Johnny Bosman's FOC ensured that even if a small club unearths a valuable player he can sod off for nowt if he or rather his agent wishes to do so.

We all know what we achieved a few years ago when a wealthy benefactor provided us with the likes of Shearer, Sutton, Sherwood etc. But consider that a few decades previously we played a Cup Final with the likes of the brilliant Bryan Douglas and Englands Captain Ronnie Clayton leading from the front. My point is based not so much concerned with the local football public's knowledge of history but the fact that without some future to quote Alan Sugar 'idiot mbillionaire with a death wish' none of the above will never happen again to any of those clubs and their supporters. Worst of all and you cannot deny this the local heroes mentioned above will never ever be seen in their home town strip! I hate to imagine what it would have been like when I was young to produce the likes of Duggie, Nat, and Sir Tom and only to see them spirited away at an early age and only being able to watch them on the telly in some hated strip.

This area is or certainly used to be a proverbial hotbed of fervent with fanatical support to rival even the likes of the scousers and the Geordie / Mackems. No longer though. 6000 can and no doubt will remain stubbornly watching players of the calibre of Frank Lord, Kit Napier and Faz as we plod around in the lower leagues ignored by the massed ranks of press and media. We will become the forgotten club because the majority living in these parts now prefer Premier League action on the TV to venturing out in cold wet weather to watch bog ordinary players playing bog ordinary football.

There is only one message to heed here and that is .... "The only constant in life is change" You would do well to consider that. As the conditions change then so must we.

Archived