BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest: Good Friday v Blackpol

Venky's will leave when the parachute payments end: attendances and supporters are irrelevant.

Meanwhile supporters who love cheering on the team will continue to attend and they should not be pilloried for doing so.

And vice versa.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And vice versa.

Yes, they shouldn't be pilloried, it's their choice.

But I'd question the idea that staying away hurts Venkys.

The nearest I can rationalise it is that I can understand the argument that a full and bouncing Ewood would give the impression Venkys actions were endorsed by the fans.

The only way to avoid both is to fill the ground and support the team in numbers but at the same time visibly protest against Venkys.

However, because there are some very vocal types like Rovers Fan, Ewood Spark and Roversmum to name a few who DO endorse Venkys, anyone suggesting protests is shouted down as not a proper fan...

...when it could be argued those who attend AND protest really are the proper fans.

What a dilemma! :wacko:

If it wasn't for the antagonism on here, I wouldn't have exploded like a fizzing bomb and been rather forthright in my opinions.

I wouldn't want to give the Rao's any money, it would feel like an endorsement of what they've done so far. Everyone should be able to make a decision by their own free choice of course, and should refrain from judging others (and yes, I include myself in that).

As soon as they've @#/? off, I will be there. Unfortunately this could be a lengthy stay-away.

Apologies for jumping off at the deep-end, but antagonism between fans is not what is needed right now.

Where have you seen it said or written that they have £2bn? And it's just a coincidence that they bought Jordan RhodES AFTER moving from Barclays to the Indian bank? And that coming AFTER they had already sold anyone with any transfer value.

Sorry mate, I don't trust this lot one bit. Anyone who doES trust them is not basing it on recent experiencES but on covering their eyES and ears and hoping for the bESt.

Stick around though, the club will need plenty of loyal, uncowardly fans to help pick up the piecES afterwards. Remember forever is a long time...

The independent last Sunday revealed their worth.Any info based on venkys will be from a credible source and not made up by Tom then dick, Harry,bill etc.... Like the bull @#/? posted on here the last two years.Ie administration and fire sale etc.By the way what have you to say about the 25 mil and new pitch at brockhall injected into the club and please don't say it's been mortgaged or taken from parachute money!.

The independent last Sunday revealed their worth.Any info based on venkys will be from a credible source and not made up by Tom then dick, Harry,bill etc.... Like the bull @#/? posted on here the last two years.Ie administration and fire sale etc.By the way what have you to say about the 25 mil and new pitch at brockhall injected into the club and please don't say it's been mortgaged or taken from parachute money!.

Already given my view. Good news but loose change compared to what they keaned away backing Kean for 18 months. Too little too late.

Now if they'd back John Williams and Tom Finn to manage the football club for them and provided funds for things like 3G pitches, Oh and a transfer kitty from their £2bn fortune maybe we could have been in a different place. The fact they (according to your sources) have £2bn fortune to draw on actually makes the last two years WORSE not better.

You have a very short memory - even for an Independent on Sunday reader.

Maybe it'll all become clear to the rest of us stupid cowards when the transition period comes to an end?

£2bn, pull the other one!

And how much of this money is liquid assets that does not need to be directed to their core business? And why when they took over did they talk about lasing players and bringing young players through?

Regardless of what wealth they may or may not have, they are clearly not prepared to sink any significant sums into Rovers. or is this still part of Steve Kean's one step back and we will shortly be launching an assaulton the champion's league once we have finished our transition?

£2bn, pull the other one!

And how much of this money is liquid assets that does not need to be directed to their core business? And why when they took over did they talk about lasing players and bringing young players through?

Regardless of what wealth they may or may not have, they are clearly not prepared to sink any significant sums into Rovers. or is this still part of Steve Kean's one step back and we will shortly be launching an assaulton the champion's league once we have finished our transition?

i think you will find if you take a look at this season that they HAVE provided significant funds...FACT

From where and how do you know?

C'mon den, keep up.

We have absolute proof that Venkys have put their own money into the club because the Independent on Sunday said Venkys' total worth is £2bn.

Surely that is all the proof you need? I mean, forget all the player sales, relegation being brought on by failure do to Kean what they did to Berg and Appleton, forget the change of banks. That's all just speculation and doom mongering..

i think you will find if you take a look at this season that they HAVE provided significant funds...FACT

WHY didn't they provide funds when we were in the Prem fighting relegation then ? WHY didn't they pay off the origional debt of 16 mill when they bought the club ? WHY did they not square the 10 mill Barclays wanted Jan 2012 but instead used Chris Samba money to plug the gap ? As has been said WHY did money (wasted money) suddenly appear after an Indian Bank became involved ? The 2 billion you refer to is probably asset value in Indian money.

C'mon den, keep up.

We have absolute proof that Venkys have put their own money into the club because the Independent on Sunday said Venkys' total worth is £2bn.

Surely that is all the proof you need? I mean, forget all the player sales, relegation being brought on by failure do to Kean what they did to Berg and Appleton, forget the change of banks. That's all just speculation and doom mongering..

You forgot to mention the appointment of the "expert" Singh, the numerous daft comments he and the Raos have made which show they're utterly out of touch with reality, the alleged connection with certain agents, our current league position - all of which show the Venkeys have our best interests at heart and are surely pumping a heafty wedge of that 2 billion into rovers.

I'm very sure if somebody wanted to find out what money venkys have put in they would do so but won't because it would be seen as positivity towards the owners and we all know what that means :-).STUART you didn't answer my earlier post regarding the 25 mil input and new brockhall pitch or did you 'kindly' forget?

Yes, they shouldn't be pilloried, it's their choice.

The only way to avoid both is to fill the ground and support the team in numbers but at the same time visibly protest against Venkys.

However, because there are some very vocal types like Rovers Fan, Ewood Spark and Roversmum to name a few who DO endorse Venkys ....

Wow .... let's have a look at the crazy crazy (il)logical land of 'Stu World' .....

In 'Stu World' :-

...... John's house isn't green, therefore it is red!

....... Floppsy isn't a dog, therefore it is a horse!

......... Neil spoke out against counter-productive 'in match' protesting, therefore he endorses Venky's.

Tune-in soon for more mind blowing (il)logical clap-trap from 'Stu World' ..... Bye for now!

You really have to wonder about some that post on here, it`s so easy to sit on a keyboard and spend or speculate on other peoples wealth. Newsflash!! It isn`t monopoly or football manager, this is real life and owners of small football clubs do not make a profit out of the club regardless of parachute payments or player sales. Those that stay away and claim that they are taking the high road are doing more damage to the club than Venkys, Fecking amazing how they can come on here and bitch about spending a few hundred quid a year on something that they claim is their lifelong passion and yet bitch endlessly about people that are willing to spend millions every year trying to make it better. Fair enough they haven`t got it right yet, but at least they are trying The bottom line as far as finance goes is that the bills and wages are being paid and we are dabbling in the transfer market. It wouldn`t affect the "high roaders" if the owners pulled out and the club did go bust they would just join twitter or facebook , Blackburn Rovers is just a cyber punchbag to them.

I'm very sure if somebody wanted to find out what money venkys have put in they would do so but won't because it would be seen as positivity towards the owners and we all know what that means :-).STUART you didn't answer my earlier post regarding the 25 mil input and new brockhall pitch or did you 'kindly' forget?

Yes I have. Twice.

But you haven't answered a single question put to you, just dodged them with the old: "You're always being negative... Andy"

WHY didn't they provide funds when we were in the Prem fighting relegation then ? WHY didn't they pay off the origional debt of 16 mill when they bought the club ? WHY did they not square the 10 mill Barclays wanted Jan 2012 but instead used Chris Samba money to plug the gap ? As has been said WHY did money (wasted money) suddenly appear after an Indian Bank became involved ? The 2 billion you refer to is probably asset value in Indian money.

WHY is a fair enough comment which pisses me off too but I now firmly believe 'WILL' , will be the norm in listening to the right people and fans and providing funds again next season.

you might have reasonable points to make, but only when you start talking sensibly will anyone take real notice of what you're saying. you don.t actually know any more about rovers financial situation, than anyone else on here, do you.

WHY is a fair enough comment which pisses me off too but I now firmly believe 'WILL' , will be the norm in listening to the right people and fans and providing funds again next season.

Well i really hope your right i really do because not even massively wealthy people can keep pouring millions down the drain, something will have to give somewhere.

you might have reasonable points to make, but only when you start talking sensibly will anyone take real notice of what you're saying. you don.t actually know any more about rovers financial situation, than anyone else on here, do you.

no I don't but I'm glad you've stated nobody knows on here too! Ha ha ha that is a classic statement and proves beyond doubt that people have lied on here regarding venkys admin fire sale etc!.Anyway going infirmary pub now then to SUPPORT my team and if any clown starts protesting during the game around me will be politely told to fookoff !

And for all those who no longer go to Ewood because of Venky's, how many will return as supporters once the owners leave??

From previous experience I'd say about half of them. Thousands of fans have been lost for the foreseeable future.

If it wasn't for the antagonism on here, I wouldn't have exploded like a fizzing bomb and been rather forthright in my opinions.

I wouldn't want to give the Rao's any money, it would feel like an endorsement of what they've done so far. Everyone should be able to make a decision by their own free choice of course, and should refrain from judging others (and yes, I include myself in that).

As soon as they've @#/? off, I will be there. Unfortunately this could be a lengthy stay-away.

Apologies for jumping off at the deep-end, but antagonism between fans is not what is needed right now.

That's my position and that of my son also.

because of the amount of money they are throwing at the club and also the fact they will appoint the RIGHT man this time.

thats because your a grade 1 COWARD

That's right. How I feel about a football game defines me as a man.

Same as it does you.

no I don't but I'm glad you've stated nobody knows on here too! Ha ha ha that is a classic statement and proves beyond doubt that people have lied on here regarding venkys admin fire sale etc!.Anyway going infirmary pub now then to SUPPORT my team and if any clown starts protesting during the game around me will be politely told to fookoff !

well hard!!!(I hope you get nutted in return)

C'mon den, keep up.

I stand to be corrected on this but there is no concrete proof either way is there as to Venky's exact level of wealth or as to the level of funding they have personally committed to the Club.

I haven't seen any report in the Independent claiming they're worth 2bn (link?) but the only thing we can say is the Premier League and the Walker Trust must have been happy enough with the source and depth of the funding respectively though at the time they took over the Club.

Maybe it is only a small thing in the overall fabric of disaster that has been the last 2-3 years but the fact funding has been provided for a 3G pitch in an attempt to regain category one status is a sign of ongoing financial commitment from the owners. It's also safe to say there'd be no money for anything like this were the Trust or Messrs Battersbie and Currie to take over at the helm.

Archived