BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest: Good Friday v Blackpol

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn End's natural leaders are in the Darwen End now imo. They sing and have most craic with the away fans most the game but they need more numbers. The numbers are still in the BBurn End but they aren't leaders. All round the quality humour and invention which used to be there has gone. In truth Blackpool had the best chant of the day with 'Your ground's too big for you'. :)

Blackpool with the dodgy Oystons and our useless ex manager returning to the ground (A chorus of Shoot... shoot... shoot should have accompanied his every visit to the touchline) should have been easy targets but unfortunately our lot simply don't appear to have either the wit or an original thought in their bodies. The mind numbing 'Gedintoem' was about the first shout from the Bburn End sometime in the second half and that is just pathetic.

Agree with a lot of that. Fans to me split into 3 types: those that start songs, those that will join in if someone else starts them, and those that are bloody boring (can probably tell I'm not a fan of the 3rd type :)).

The Blackburn End of old used to be packed full of types 1 and 2. Then an irritating number of type 3s started sitting there, probably because they like being in an atmosphere despite being too lazy to ever contribute to it. So the Blackburn End started declining and thats what caused the movement of many type 1s into the Darwen End. Some type 2s followed them, but I'd say more than half stayed where they are.

So now you've got the problem that the Darwen End start songs none-stop but don't have the numbers to back them up. And the Blackburn End have the numbers but nobody to start them.

• Moderation Lead

Blackburn End's natural leaders are in the Darwen End now imo. They sing and have most craic with the away fans most the game but they need more numbers. The numbers are still in the BBurn End but they aren't leaders. All round the quality humour and invention which used to be there has gone. In truth Blackpool had the best chant of the day with 'Your ground's too big for you'. :)

Blackpool with the dodgy Oystons and our useless ex manager returning to the ground (A chorus of Shoot... shoot... shoot should have accompanied his every visit to the touchline) should have been easy targets but unfortunately our lot simply don't appear to have either the wit or an original thought in their bodies. The mind numbing 'Gedintoem' was about the first shout from the Bburn End sometime in the second half and that is just pathetic.

Largely agree with a lot of that, I sat in the DE for the last 3 seasons before this season, and the difference in noise is huge, despite the numbers.

A lot of it is down to the club's situation in the last 2.5 years though in fairness!!

Blackpool chanting 'your ground's too big for you', Christ, they've only had fans for about the last 4 years.....

Blackpool chanting 'your ground's too big for you', Christ, they've only had fans for about the last 4 years.....

'Where were you when you were sh1t' might have been an appropriate response as a starter then rather than nary a whimper in reply.

Hang on a minute pal , please don't accuse me of insulting every poster I disagree with cause that's totally untrue if you care to take a look!.Take a look at Preston blues comments towards me regarding my report on last nites match for starters or blue and whites response to anything I post!.Point is pal unless I'm slagging the club players owners you name it, they're on me like flies round @#/? !.By the way if you havnt already noticed, there are a number of Dingles on this board slagging the club off and stirring up @#/? amongst members or have you already noticed it?.Finally when people stop insulting me for being positive about my club I will do also likewise!.If you think abbey is entitled to have ago constantly at loyal fans for sticking by their club then you really are as bad as him!.When you read my posts 'insulting'kindly read the ones linked to it before you character access me!.

twaddle

My point is I think where all sick of reading your repetitive posts(you are not being 'positive', your intentionally being provocative, in the most childlike way) and you are really the first one to resort to direct personal insults(even if it is because you are being provoked a little), PAL?(no thanks)

Hang on a minute pal , please don't accuse me of insulting every poster I disagree with cause that's totally untrue if you care to take a look!.Take a look at Preston blues comments towards me regarding my report on last nites match for starters or blue and whites response to anything I post!.Point is pal unless I'm slagging the club players owners you name it, they're on me like flies round @#/? !.By the way if you havnt already noticed, there are a number of Dingles on this board slagging the club off and stirring up @#/? amongst members or have you already noticed it?.Finally when people stop insulting me for being positive about my club I will do also likewise!.If you think abbey is entitled to have ago constantly at loyal fans for sticking by their club then you really are as bad as him!.When you read my posts 'insulting'kindly read the ones linked to it before you character access me!.

Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms Happyslapper. What was wrong with my comment last night. I have been watching Rovers since 1967 and I can tell you this is the most dire position (quality of football, ownership by lunatics, anon existent management structure etc etc etc) that I have ever witnessed.....worse than our times near the bottom of Division 3 (League1 for those young runts).

So do us a favour please. Next time your Venky pals turn up you should lie down in front of the Directors Entrance to Ewood and let them wipe their feet all over you.

When the good times return cowards like you will go into hiding cause you can't take it!.How dare you call fans for simply just turning up to support their team!.I bet you was gutted when Rhodes scored cause it prevented you from posting more negative bile from your gutless brain.Criticise the owners is fine but to criticise fans for not staying away like you is childish , moronic and pathetic.Like I've told you before numpty, if you can't stand us happy loyal clapper fans, kean off

Coward ? Numpty ? Moronic ? Oh and I got banned for a lot less , tell you what , if you believe I'm a coward ., next home game I will meet you somewhere quiet and see if you have the balls to say that to my face. It's people like you who get away with murder on this board that a lot of good posters have stopped posting . Didn't want us to win ? You really are one sad pathetic individual .but hey ho nowt will be done .

But we're not going to kean off though, and we're going to keep on telling it as it is, regardless.

If I was paranoid then I'd suggest that Mr HappyClapper is a Paul Agnew plant.

In any case, I think he's is trying to provoke certain people into losing their tempers and getting banned.

• Backroom

Coward ? Numpty ? Moronic ? Oh and I got banned for a lot less , tell you what , if you believe I'm a coward ., next home game I will meet you somewhere quiet and see if you have the balls to say that to my face. It's people like you who get away with murder on this board that a lot of good posters have stopped posting .

Very true. Why the community managers/mods don't deal with WUMs like this is genuinely beyond me. This is the only board I come to where stuff like this is tolerated. It's a forum, you don't need to worry about the bloke's human rights. If he's quite obviously being a dick (and I think pretty much everyone agrees he is) then ban him. It isn't difficult.

Theno and Jim have been regularly banned for far less. :rock:

A suggestion for a protest that would grab media attention (of course with an appropriate tip off in advance), generate interest and show that we aren't just a bunch of miserable norvern barstewards: all fans (or as many as possible) should turn up wearing the most formal clothes they own (or if money is ok then rent an illfitting suit). For 15 minutes before the game, halftime and at the final whistle a chant along the lines of "Whilst we jolly well appreciate the players efforts we are a little miffed at the unfortunate direction our club has taken" or "Venkys - we are somewhat dissatisfied " or "Fit and proper - we are all fit and proper"...

Anything without abusive language and preferably in complete contrast to the usual chants. During the game support the team, raise the roof and maybe even take the @#/? a little "referee - we heartily disagree" - "linesman - we recommend an optometrist" - "whilst we fully respect your right to support whichever team you choose we must respectfully point out that you are sh1t and you know you are".

A good laugh, message across and national coverage i would suspect.

• Backroom

For info happy clappy was given a 6 month posting ban earlier this afternoon so he won't be responding for a while

It's been coming

• Moderation Lead

For info happy clappy was given a 6 month posting ban earlier this afternoon so he won't be responding for a while

It's been coming

Thank Christ for that.

Gord do you genuinely believe all the song starters have moved ? We have not . If you think singing F off bbe , shittus a pedo or peds is shagging some utd player makes them better then I'm baffled.

Abbey... off the top of my head and stuck up in the JW I heard the BB end twice. Once for gerrintoem and the second time when we scored.

The BBE no matter how full it is in the last few years sounds eerily quiet to me sitting in various seats in the riverside(and occasionally jw), it does seem to me ever since they started selling home season tkts(and various special offers) in the darwen end towards the end of the walker trusts reign, most of the more vocal groups and individuals(from all sides of the ground) migrated there.

I moved having sat 20yrs in the Riverside. It was a breath of fresh air in the stands... unreserved seats make it even better.

Abbey - not sure where you're coming from with those chants... have heard the odd one that has been OTT possibly but the majority are pro-Rovers songs.

The BBE no matter how full it is in the last few years sounds eerily quiet to me sitting in various seats in the riverside(and occasionally jw), it does seem to me ever since they started selling home season tkts(and various special offers) in the darwen end towards the end of the walker trusts reign, most of the more vocal groups and individuals(from all sides of the ground) migrated there.

Wasn't that the idea

Archived