BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tony Pulis

And what if that target changes to something else and he doesn't meet it? Let's face it they are going to want to see improvement year on year and in a highly competitive league where how much money you spend can decide a lot sometimes you can only go so far. Ultimately we will have to see what happens over the next few years, I am just putting it out there that in my view I don't think he is that secure long term. But we shall see.

How many managers are secure in the long term ? Not many.

Regards to Pulis he would be perfect for us and will surely walk into another job soon. Has a light bulb been switched on in India ? Perish the thought.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see who else would want him. Aston Villa if Benteke leaves? But that's hardly a step up from West Ham. I think Newcastle will trust their scouting network to find someone cheaper than £15 million.

There isn't a club who finished above West Ham who you can see being interested. Maybe Everton as a long shot if they sell someone like Fellaini. Jelavic seems like he was a flash in the pan.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole he's a tit and he's not worth 15M let alone 35M. But he's the type of lad to think he can do better stall and deliberate and will most likely miss the boat, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up back at Liverpool in the ressies, eating his chocolate and bitching about how it's all someone elses fault. Everton wouldn't go anywhere near him, I'm sure they've heard the stories given their proximity to Liverpool. Sam won't wait long and will move on, I think Carroll might try and drag this one out in vain hope and end up with nothing. 90K as well, Newcastle saw Liverpool coming with that one and it makes Grabbi and Kalinic look like good business.

Think Pulis has been given a fairly hard time - spending money is par of the course these days and Stoke are now a stable PL club.

As stated above, you can't really argue with managers who have consistently performed well over a number of years.

There are always 'flavour of the month' managers and no doubt if their teams also play 'good football' some cream themselves over that aspect which sometimes disguises their poor results record.

All down to his agent I'm sure. I imagine his salary will be being reduced now that he is a 15m striker and not a 35m superstar wonder kid. That will be the only stumbling block that will have to be thrashed out imo. Lets be honest his agent must know that if anyone can get the best out of his (limited skill and often err 'temperamental') client it will be Allardyce and that WHU are a club well on the up and situated in the right place. The only place in Europe for him would be WHU equivalent in the Bundesliga.

If you are a striker the last manager you'd want to play for is Allardyce. A goal tally in single figures and a season of trying to win headers is all that's down for a fat sam striker. Which is why if Carroll has any sense he'll go to a club that actually plays football. Keppt talking our of your 'arris though theno, it's very entertaining.

If you are a striker the last manager you'd want to play for is Allardyce. A goal tally in single figures and a season of trying to win headers is all that's down for a fat sam striker. Which is why if Carroll has any sense he'll go to a club that actually plays football. Keppt talking our of your 'arris though theno, it's very entertaining.

Except that Carroll is a nut job who needs Kevin Nolan to keep him in check and his best attribute is winning headers. Match made in heaven (well, certainly not at ground level anyway)

Back on topic -

If Stoke think that Pulis has 'taken them as far as he could' they need to review what happened to Charlton after they got shut of Curbishley for the same reason. It wasn't pretty.

Except that Carroll is a nut job who needs Kevin Nolan to keep him in check and his best attribute is winning headers. Match made in heaven (well, certainly not at ground level anyway)

Back on topic -

If Stoke think that Pulis has 'taken them as far as he could' they need to review what happened to Charlton after they got shut of Curbishley for the same reason. It wasn't pretty.

As well as Rovers and Barcodes in binning Allardyce, Wolves potting McCarthy. Lots of lessons to be learnt there with the advantage that others had the pain.

In view of events over the past 2 years or so since the departure of "fat sam" the only one talking "out of your 'arris" is yourself.

So you have a giant of a man who has limited skill on the ground, can't turn and is too slow to run the channels BUT is fearsome and almost unplayable in the air and you would pay 15m to have him playing one touch triangles!! All I can say is that if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your cap off! :rolleyes:

I don't know what your day job is blueboy but I wouldn't give it up to manage a football team anytime soon.

Aye, you summed up Anelka's time under Allardyce brilliantly there.

The only thing that stopped Carroll getting into double figures was his fitness. He'd have been well into double figures if his scoring ratio was taken over a full season.

The only thing that stopped Carroll getting into double figures was his fitness. He'd have been well into double figures if his scoring ratio was taken over a full season.

Anelka played under Allardyce in 2006-2007 and got a massive 10 goals. So i did sum it up incredibly well. thank you.

the anti allardyce know-nothings on here are really getting on my t*ts, so i`ll take my leave..

Christ, you should have been on here 3 years ago. The pro-Allardyce gang are ruling the roost compared to what it used to be like. I suppose whichever side isn't getting their own way is inclined to shout the loudest. When he was our manager you heard nothing but moaning from many, now he isn't I suppose those fans are quietly enjoying our great football and thin managers. And its his supporters who are consumed by bitterness at the consequences of his sacking.

Anelka played under Allardyce in 2006-2007 and got a massive 10 goals. So i did sum it up incredibly well. thank you.

10 in 18 games, went for double what Bolton paid a year later.

Archived