BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rubén Rochina

He cant do that. Only outstanding players who have had a great season previously are the sort of players that can "engineer" a move away. Ruben has a point to prove plus Bowyer has told him his plans for him so I think you are wrong.

Really? Here's how it works.

1. Fringe player tells boss he is unhappy at club and wants to leave.

2. Player leaves.

Rochina is a showpony. We don't want or need him.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. Player leaves.

But if Bowyer has plans for him, why would he let him leave?

2. Player leaves.

In a squad of players where we have little or no flair you say we don't need him Jim!!

He's young and you would hope his decision making improves under the guidence of Bowyer!!

His passing, goals he's scored, dribbling ability are fantastic, and like i say, lets hope he plays more for the team and not himself!

I like many Rovers fans would relish the return of Ruben.

In a squad of players where we have little or no flair you say we don't need him Jim!!

He's young and you would hope his decision making improves under the guidence of Bowyer!!

His passing, goals he's scored, dribbling ability are fantastic, and like i say, lets hope he plays more for the team and not himself!

I like many Rovers fans would relish the return of Ruben.

here, here

and who has said he is unhappy?

That's not what you argued initially though. You said he's not good enough to engineer a move if he wanted to. That's obviously not true. If his agent drummed up some interest and he kicked up a bit of a fuss he'd be off, it doesn't matter how good he is.

He's worth persevering with

a. because our only creative player is a walking sick note.

b. If Bowyer can harness his undoubted ability and put some discipline into his play he will be worth big money. A player with a strong left foot and who can take two opponents out with a feint and a touch is as rare as hens teeth, and thats the real issue in football for BRFC nowadays.

If Barcelona couldn't iron out the wrinkles in Rochina's game how is anyone else supposed to do it?

Saying that, does have that something a little special in his closet! (Not talking about a signed Lionel Messi shirt)

If Barcelona couldn't iron out the wrinkles in Rochina's game how is anyone else supposed to do it?

Saying that, does have that something a little special in his closet! (Not talking about a signed Lionel Messi shirt)

I think the point is that Barcelona don't need to, as they have a huge pool of raw talent constantly available.

I seem to remember there was a buy-back clause when we signed him. I think that's maybe indicative of how Barca view his talent/potential.

Sometimes it takes a failure for people to realise change is needed to become what they desire. You can tell someone a thousand times where they are going wrong but if they don't see it or percieve it as an obstacle, nothing will ever change.

Sometimes it takes a failure for people to realise change is needed to become what they desire. You can tell someone a thousand times where they are going wrong but if they don't see it or percieve it as an obstacle, nothing will ever change.

I totally agree with the points you've just made.

However, do you see signs that the penny has dropped with Rochina?

I totally agree with the points you've just made.

However, do you see signs that the penny has dropped with Rochina?

Perhaps if he'd gone somewhere else when he left Barca IE a club with a real manager, then we might have seen something. Alas I'm not 100% he will change as we and he hopes. Maybe his stint back in La Liga and the bench in a struggling team my force him to re-think things. however some people just can't do this.

It's not that simple. Piqué, Reina, Arteta, Fabregas and Alba were all let go from La Masia before they could break in to the first team.

I rate Rochina but I'm still not sure how we can fit him into a starting position. He has no physical presence and can't defend. The first poses a problem in playing him up front with Rhodes, who is also lightweight. The second poses a problem in playing him in midfield. At the moment I still prefer us to use him as a super-sub if the Kazim-Richards option isn't working. Coming on later in the game when players are tiring, defenders aren't as capable of getting tight to him to use the physical approach.

I rate Rochina but I'm still not sure how we can fit him into a starting position. He has no physical presence and can't defend. The first poses a problem in playing him up front with Rhodes, who is also lightweight. The second poses a problem in playing him in midfield. At the moment I still prefer us to use him as a super-sub if the Kazim-Richards option isn't working. Coming on later in the game when players are tiring, defenders aren't as capable of getting tight to him to use the physical approach.

Hasn't Kazim-Richards gone back to Turkey?

I'm not sure avout him having"no physical presence", he seems a fairly strong lad to me, i think its just his mentality thats weak at times.

I'm not sure avout him having"no physical presence", he seems a fairly strong lad to me, i think its just his mentality thats weak at times.

• Backroom

I'm not sure avout him having"no physical presence", he seems a fairly strong lad to me, i think its just his mentality thats weak at times.I'm not sure avout him having"no physical presence", he seems a fairly strong lad to me, i think its just his mentality thats weak at times.

I think it's his incredible sense of balance more than strength. Him behind Rhodes could be some forward line!

I think it's his incredible sense of balance more than strength. Him behind Rhodes could be some forward line!

So long as he passes him the ball :)

Let's hope GB can help develop his game because he's certainly got potential, impact sub for me until he proves he can be a team player.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10485409.Blackburn_Rovers_star_Rochina_open_to_top_level_switch/#commentsList

Gary Bowyer spoke with Rochina last week to stress that the Spaniard was a big part of his plans for the 2013/14 campaign.

“For me it is an option,” Rochina said, when asked whether he will spend next season with Rovers.

Aw thanks Ruben, good to know we are a "option".

“On the wing is not where I am better, because you have to defend and that is not my strong point"

Neither is teamwork or knowing when to release the ball.

Archived