BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rubén Rochina

Why do people take everything at so literally and at face value? Ever heard of 'not burning your bridges'? He's just keeping his options open. Imagine if he'd said to the Real Z fans 'I'm going back to BRFC cos I prefer to play for them before Zaragoza'... and then we tell him we don't want him!

The best thing clubs could do is include a clause in contracts to ban players using twitter and facebook etc cos some people are daft enough to believe everything they read to be gospel truth.

No need for the personal insults.

Nothing to do with twitter or Facebook, was reported with quotes that Bowyer has spoken to the player and told him that he's a major part of his plans for next season, that is the context here.

Rochina is a Rovers player under contract and doesn't have 'options' if we want him to stay.

I understand the need for 'safe speak' from players if they are being courted by other clubs and want to leave, but that's generally a star player, eg Rhodes, rather than a guy with everything to prove who's just been handed another chance.

It would've been easy for Rhodes to hint at a move but because he's a decent lad he didn't.

That's the difference in attitude, respect and commitment.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to do with twitter or Facebook, was reported with quotes that Bowyer has spoken to the player and told him that he's a major part of his plans for next season, that is the context here.

Rochina is a Rovers player under contract and doesn't have 'options' if we want him to stay.

I understand the need for 'safe speak' from players if they are being courted by other clubs and want to leave, but that's generally a star player, eg Rhodes, rather than a guy with everything to prove who's just been handed another chance.

It would've been easy for Rhodes to hint at a move but because he's a decent lad he didn't.

Bugger! I've been trying to say that for about 6 posts and you nailed it in the last two sentences!

Bugger! I've been trying to say that for about 6 posts and you nailed it in the last two sentences!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22247887

Bugger indeed. Better keep trying chris h. :rolleyes:^_^

Fools rush in......

All you guys building JR up to be a latter day saint will end up with your heads in your hands. You may prove to be right and JR rejects all suitors from now until the end of his career ( when he will eventually be forced out by contempt pouring down from the stands) ...... but I'd say the odds are at least 10000 to 1 against. Good luck.

Why do some never learn the way professional football works?

Fools rush in......

All you guys building JR up to be a latter day saint will end up with your heads in your hands. You may prove to be right and JR rejects all suitors from now until the end of his career ( when he will eventually be forced out by contempt pouring down from the stands) ...... but I'd say the odds are at least 10000 to 1 against. Good luck.

You make yourself look stupid every time. The only thing that has been commented upon is the fact that Rhodes hasn't come out spouting off about wanting leave, or, as you might call it, he's acting as a professional. Nobody has suggested that either he does want to stay, or that he will stay here for the rest of his career.

"Fool rushes in."

Fools rush in......

He will do the same to us as he did at Huddersfield. Nobody said any different.

• Backroom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22247887

Bugger indeed. Better keep trying chris h. :rolleyes:^_^

To me that article does prove the point about JR though. He made his position clear to the Chairman. Not some trashy tabloid newspaper. That's how it should be done.

I personally have no problem with that. It's also why I couldn't understand how the Huddersfield fans threw all their toys out the pram about it, although I suspect it is just because they are slightly naive football supporters. I thought he treated them with respect and kept a pretty dignified silence throughout the whole transfer saga.

If he really wants to leave our club, then I fully understand the reasons for that, and if he treats our club with the same respect and goes about it in the same manner, then I will have no gripe with the lad and will wish him the best.

If, however, after the first year of a very lucrative 5 year contract, (that our club took a massive gamble with it is worth noting), he goes doing interviews with all and sundry screaming about how he deserves higher level football etc, then yes, I will be extremely @#/?.

But until that day, I am gonna stick with my original opinion that amongst the sewer scum that predominately makes up the modern day football world, JR seems like a pretty good sort. I await the predictable egg on face in coming weeks.

JR has been here duing GB's second rein and witnessed the changes first hand.

Ruben hasn't and all he has to go on is what happened last time and how long GB lasted and what came next.

The two have had differing experiences and so will have differing thoughts over it all. Ruben's experiences of Rovers are poor resulting in him being forced out by Appleton.

I'm not surprised on bit Ruben has said what he said who wouldn't? If I left one company cause it was proper @#/? and I was treated in that manner to be asked back 6 months later? I too would be skeptical regardless of what people said to me as I haven't experienced the changes.

We've had 5 managers in one season, plenty of words have been said and broken before and I wouldn't be expecting different if in Rubens shoes. He hasn't dismissed it out of hand or been derogatory towards the club he's just going off what he knows from 1st hand experience.

• 3 months later...

Dunno where he heard that, not saying it is or isnt true, just havent heard anything.

I would say that Dunn is probably more productive as a number 10. Against Barnsley and Bolton he looked at a different level.

Can't agree with you on this, Rochina is miles better than Dunn...if we're still in touch when he comes back, he could just be the difference between 10th and 6th....

Although its a big ask to still be in touch by January...Old Dunny is living off 3 games a season, picking his games, ..no real contribution throughout the season....should be moved to a coaching role with the under 9s

Can't agree with you on this, Rochina is miles better than Dunn...if we're still in touch when he comes back, he could just be the difference between 10th and 6th....

Although its a big ask to still be in touch by January...Old Dunny is living off 3 games a season, picking his games, ..no real contribution throughout the season....should be moved to a coaching role with the under 9s

Cheer up, it's a Friday night.

Trying to convince myself this is a joke. Dunn in his prime was one of the best attacking midfielders in the PL, Rochina in his prime is yet to convince anyone he's even capable of playing in the PL.

Before Dunn this season we'd scored 1 goal in 2 league games. Dunn takes 1 game to warm up and then we score 9 in the next 2. The apparent lack of appreciation for his ability amongst our support is frankly outrageous. If Rochina was a boring northerner from Great Harwood who'd come through the youth system and had done what he's done at Rovers so far, and Dunn was an ex-Barcelona exotic Spaniard who'd done what he's done at Rovers, there's no way anyone would be talking about Rochina being the better player. Most likely people would be asking why Rochina hasn't been sent out on loan.

Dunn has little flash and plenty of creaky joints, but he's a far better player than Rochina. Far better.

Trying to convince myself this is a joke. Dunn in his prime was one of the best attacking midfielders in the PL, Rochina in his prime is yet to convince anyone he's even capable of playing in the PL.

Don't know how to break this to you.....Dunn isn't in his prime anymore.....hasn't been for ten years....right now Rochina fit will contribute more

Archived