BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rubén Rochina

Does anyone know if Dunn is near returning? Seems awhile ago that he was looking very close to playing!

Same old, same old. When he does return it'll only be for a brief cameo 60 mins or two.

btw Has anybody ever used 'David Dunn' and 'hypochondriac' in the same sentence? imo he doesn't need time on the treatment table as much as he needs time on a couch. Prob all too late now I guess.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of interest is anybody aware of where Rochina is up to regarding his rehabilitation and when we can expect him to be available for selection again?

It's now 12 weeks since he sustained his shoulder dislocation (4th August), unless there have been complications, I would have thought that ample time for an outfield player to recover from such an injury.

We've definitely missed him and his and Dunny's return may just be the tonic we all need.

Out of interest is anybody aware of where Rochina is up to regarding his rehabilitation and when we can expect him to be available for selection again?

It's now 12 weeks since he sustained his shoulder dislocation (4th August), unless there have been complications, I would have thought that ample time for an outfield player to recover from such an injury.

We've definitely missed him and his and Dunny's return may just be the tonic we all need.

They said 3-4 months when he did it. So if he is on that track then its anytime in next 4 weeks maybe

When he returns, to his usual non-productive blind alley play, who do people then pin their hopes on?

Nobody.......we give up on life, all kill ourselves and admit rovers are heading for the conference and life just plain sucks.

When he returns, to his usual non-productive blind alley play, who do people then pin their hopes on?

In the brief spell he had in the Derby game he looked great for us. Not pinning hopes on him but with Rochina and Dunn hopefully returning shortly we have more options to our attacking threat, which surely is a good thing?

In the land of realism and mediocrity, one defence splitting pass that results in a goal amongst several that may go astray or any other cameo of individual brilliance that Rochina is capable of, is worth pinning hopes on in my book.

In the land of realism and mediocrity, one defence splitting pass that results in a goal amongst several that may go astray or any other cameo of individual brilliance that Rochina is capable of, is worth pinning hopes on in my book.

Usually outweighed by the pirouettes he tries near his own area, giving the ball away, resulting in a goal. He's never been anywhere near what he has been made out to be since he got injured. Like Kalanic before him he seems to mysteriously gain gravitas by not actually playing :/

Usually outweighed by the pirouettes he tries near his own area, giving the ball away, resulting in a goal. He's never been anywhere near what he has been made out to be since he got injured. Like Kalanic Vukcevik before him he seems to mysteriously gain gravitas by not actually playing :/

Corrected for you.

Corrected for you.

Gravitas was only gained from my perspective by raw talent that could have been about to flourish. I for one can't wait for him to be back in the team.

The comparisons with 'Simon' and or Kalinic don't warrant a comment.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think its a case ofa player getting better when he is out the side. Nobody on this thread has made any ott assumptions like 'Get Rochina back and we'll win the league', but just a postitive belief that he can have an impact, especially on tight games when a stroke of class can get you that winner. How just cant see how anybody can claim we wouldnt have been better off if hed been fit vs Charlton and htfc.

Anyway, its been 4 months now, after Brighton there is a 2 week gap for internationals, hopefully he'll be pushing for a place after that. Anybody have any up to date info? :rover:

I don't think its a case ofa player getting better when he is out the side. Nobody on this thread has made any ott assumptions like 'Get Rochina back and we'll win the league', but just a postitive belief that he can have an impact, especially on tight games when a stroke of class can get you that winner. How just cant see how anybody can claim we wouldnt have been better off if hed been fit vs Charlton and htfc.

Anyway, its been 4 months now, after Brighton there is a 2 week gap for internationals, hopefully he'll be pushing for a place after that. Anybody have any up to date info? :rover:

LET article today said he will resume full training during the international break. So realistically he should be pushing for a place on the bench in one or both othe 2 home games after that I'd hope

Archived