BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rubén Rochina

• Backroom

In honesty he was pretty crap against Derby he fluffed a sitter and shot several times without threatening when a pass was on

However our shape and setup seemed threatening with him in there

Rochina (like Dunn and King) is one of those who requires double-marking and frees space up for Rhodes to run into. ImO that's Rochina's main value rather than his shooting ability.

I'm thinking along the lines of Diouf. Stepovermania could draw the foul OR provide a pass for Rhodes/King/A.N.Other.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to the return of Ewood Messi. It's amazing how good he has become in his enforced absence. The many weaknesses in his game and sometimes complete disappearing acts in some matches must have been in my imagination.

Jim, do you realise that Ruben Rochina is a striker and not a midfielder? He has been played out of position in every game so far for Rovers by various managers.

People have tried to compare RR with Dunny but Dunny is a midfielder.

When RR is fit it would be best to play him up front with Rhodes in "the hole".

• Backroom

Jim, do you realise that Ruben Rochina is a striker and not a midfielder? He has been played out of position in every game so far for Rovers by various managers.

And that position is also where Dunn has played best ever since he came back.

That fox is supposed to be in the box, not in the hole.

EDIT: Nvm, I think it's worded a bit ambiguously.

That fox is supposed to be in the box, not in the hole.

EDIT: Nvm, I think it's worded a bit ambiguously.

You're right about the ambiguity. I meant Rochina to be the target man with Rhodes playing slightly behind him.

However, I expect no-one will agree with me. But Rochina's position is out and out striker, not a provider.

You're right about the ambiguity. I meant Rochina to be the target man with Rhodes playing slightly behind him.

However, I expect no-one will agree with me. But Rochina's position is out and out striker, not a provider.

Me for one. Ludicrous suggestion. The single talent JR excels in is getting on the end of stuff and finishing with either foor or his head. On the other hand we have a marvellously talented footballer full of guile and invention but who is very one footed and poor in the air...... and you want em to swap around?!!

We have don't have a "marvellously talented footballer". We have a player with showy skills who has no idea how to use them. He constantly makes the wrong decisions on the field and invariably loses the ball more often than he keeps it. He has not improved since he joined us and shows no sign of learning.

We have don't have a "marvellously talented footballer". We have a player with showy skills who has no idea how to use them. He constantly makes the wrong decisions on the field and invariably loses the ball more often than he keeps it. He has not improved since he joined us and shows no sign of learning.

That's the truth. Anything else is just hope.

No one has explained why he's never improved his game under several managers including during his time at the one club who could develop him - Barcelona. My only guess, and it is a guess, is that he just doesn't have the mental capacity to take in that it's a team game. Maybe he just doesn't have the vision.

That's that then. Let's forget the fact that he is the only player we have who can get a goal out of nothing. A very typically British opinion of a player with talent, misplaced talent or not. Has damn sight more creativity than what we have right now. If he gives the ball 9 times and creates 1 key chance, then I'll take that all day.

He could be the difference between us getting near the playoffs or not.

Its been said on here more than once that the"best players for us never play!"

We pine for them when they are injured and their prowess grows with every game they miss.

Dunn is the exception, a genuine talent ruined by injury and now, sadly, age.

Rochina. Goal out of nothing? Does he have a twin elsewhere that we don't know about because on the rare occassions our Rochina keeps the ball long enough to have a shot he displays the clinical accuracy of Gary Flitcroft.

Absence does make the heart grow fonder it seems.

I like Rochina. Would love to see a midfield of King, Evans, Cairney, Rochina with Dunn behind Rhodes and Lowe replacing Kane at RB. Hanley back for Killy, Kean replaced in goal and we have the makings of an exciting team that could challemge.

Very true Jim, only on here do people believe we a Messi esq type player. Rochina has done very little in a Rovers shirt during his time here and isn't the magic wand that's going to get us promoted. Yes he has potential but that's it, give me a half fit Dunny any day of the week.

Indeed. But it's pretty obvious that Dunn cannot do 90 mins anymore. Truth is I dont believe that he can do more than 3 matches without picking up an injury that lasts for a month or two

You may well be right about Dunns fitness but that needs to be managed I personally think he deserve allot of credit for going under the knife again, he could well have just called it a day as he's not short of a bob or two.

If that were true Neal, then you would have to explain why he can't hold down a starting place. I don't think he did anything on loan last season, did he?

I'd put that down to having 4 managers in a season and not knowing their best starting 11. 5 goals in 19 starts, from midfield isn't bad either, working on that ratio, if he'd have started all our games he's could have had 10 or so goals last season. Considering we're seriously lacking goals from other players than Rhodes, I don't know how anyone can argue against him playing.

Rochina. Goal out of nothing? Does he have a twin elsewhere that we don't know about because on the rare occassions our Rochina keeps the ball long enough to have a shot he displays the clinical accuracy of Gary Flitcroft.

Absence does make the heart grow fonder it seems.

You seem to be having selective memory then fella, how about beating half a Bristol team and sticking one in the top corner? How about a back heel away against Leeds?

Against Derby in the first half he was the best player on the pitch, easy. I'm not going to say he's consistent, because he's not but that will only come with a regular starting place. At this level I think he could ruin some teams, genuine match winner. If he turned out to be our player of the season I do feel some of the stubborn few on here would still try to find fault... It's the Rovers supporter way isn't it.

I'd put that down to having 4 managers in a season and not knowing their best starting 11

Or..... Four different managers and he didn't impress any of them enough. Let's be honest, if his displays had been anywhere near to what's being suggested they were, he would have walked into our team under all of them. Apparently he's very creative, well he's got no competition there.

Apparently he's very creative, but he has no competition has he?

So you get the best out of what you have. Bowyer in his first stand in, played him in the hole for the first 60 then brought him off. He was man of the match against Barnsley away I remember last season, he scored and we won 3-0 i think... May have Bowyers first or last game before the 3rd bald one. He was starting to look the part and then, all change.

Neck down he is marvellously talented. neck up he had a lot to learn..... but the latter can be taught, the former can never be. Suffice to say that 12 months ago visiting teams were beginning to put two men on him at ewood. All went wrong when they got that awful Blackburn Combination level manager in.

It's the Rovers supporter way isn't it.

As is building up average players with no end product purely because it's been that long since anyone saw them the memory is playing tricks

Lauding Rochina as the messiah shows how far we have fallen ;)

You may well be right about Dunns fitness but that needs to be managed I personally think he deserve allot of credit for going under the knife again, he could well have just called it a day as he's not short of a bob or two.

Irrelevent Gav. Reasons / excuses etc dont matter. All that does is that he is rarely available for selection.

You just wait until his contract is close to expiring. He'll be running round like a (kind of) spring chicken, or like someone asked to open a bakery...............hang on........he's already done that this week...........I sense another month on the sidelines coming on.

It's time people 'get real'. Isn't that right Dunny?

Archived