BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wimbledon 2013

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nadal out. Good news for Murray, would rather he got Federer in the semi than Nadal. All road to the title go through Djokovic given the draw he has.

Hope Robson and Watson can make an impact tomorrow.

Hate tennis with a passion, all the more so since my husband loves it and keeps trying to persuade me it's great. I understand that these guys are very fit and technically brilliant but it doesn't stir the blood like football does and don't get me started on women's tennis.

Annoying sour grapes from Kirilenko, you lost love, be gracious.

I'm not so sure whether Laura will go much further as she's still learning her trade, but a great win today.

Kirilenko 'I was aching all over', classless. You lost, off home now.

• Backroom

Having to beat Djokovic can never be called "by default". He's a level above everyone currently. Would be amazed if he doesn't make the final.

Genuinely think that now Murray knows he can beat Djokovic and can win at Wimbledon will help him. He's had an incredible year and I think it's a matter of carrying that momentum through.

Not buying that Norbert. Doesn't look like there will be anyone to break the Djokovic/Murray dominance on grass over the next few years. My worry is that Murray lost to Djokovic in their last big match, and has lost in slam finals to him twice now. I guess the counter argument is he beat him on grass in the Olympics, but that was only a 3 set match.

Looking at the draw more closely, there's a few more hurdles for Djokovic left than Murray - Del Potro, Berdych and Ferrer will all cause him problems. Interesting 10 days ahead for sure.

Looking forward to watching Laura Robson later, she's lost a lot of matches that she should have won this year, hope she avoids that today.

Djokovic is a genuine sporting superstar - one of best tennis players in the world and speaks fluently in 5 languages. His command of English is better than most native speakers. He's just that little bit better than Murray at present - it will be a big surprise if he does not win the title.

Djokovic is a genuine sporting superstar - one of best tennis players in the world and speaks fluently in 5 languages. His command of English is better than most native speakers. He's just that little bit better than Murray at present - it will be a big surprise if he does not win the title.

Surprise yes, big surprise no. Murray is seeded no2 for a reason.

Murrays passage to the final, should he make it should be easier, that may make a difference too.

Guest Norbert

You love it, sat there in your orange body armour, orange crash helmet, Dunlop Flash :)

Don't forget the tights!

Tennis is OK, but not one of my top sports to watch.

• Backroom

I'm not a big fan of tennis myself Nick but for some reason this year I've enjoyed watching the Brits. I've forgiven Murray for his anti English slant and today watching Laura was fantastic.

That was overstated anyway. He and Tim Henman were joshing each other and the media turned Murray into some kind of pariah.

If he was anti-English, why would he sing the national anthem? Esp as it contains the line 'rebellious Scots to crush'.

Archived