BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 minute ago, den said:

Aussies not dealing very well with the short ball. Fabulous😀

unfortunately, at 198/5 effectively 198/6 because of Lyons injury and a lead of 289 I think they already have enough.

They’ve said Lyon will bat if necessary.

Edited by wilsdenrover

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As you say play every ball on its merits. I get the feeling that our guys have decided on the shot before the bowler has let go of the ball. That’s fatal.

You cannot charge down the wicket, play reverse sweeps, scoops over the keeper, hoofs over mid-wicket to the quicks....without it being completely pre-meditated. There's no time to get into position for these shots at 85 miles an hour over 20 yards after the ball leaves the hand.

The problem being if the ball doesn't go exactly where hope, you end up adjusting mid-shot and then anything can happen. Like getting out! And looking really scruffy and unprofessional whilst doing it.

The way we are playing our cricket at the moment is good fun. And we have won a lot of test matches of late. I don't think you can play this way unless fully committed. You either do or you don't.

You can still get out fudging about Chris Tavare style. I say keep going and see where it takes us. We just need to be better at hitting every single ball faced to the boundary.  🤣 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

It’s going to be interesting to see Englands approach when they do get into bat, we don’t play for draws remember. 

Exactly this Gav. I seem to recall Baz exclaiming that “we will chase anything down”. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

It’s going to be interesting to see Englands approach when they do get into bat, we don’t play for draws remember. 

The Aussies will go short again, just like England are doing now. It’s not good to watch for sure. The current benefit to England is that it’s slowing the run rate down meaning it will delay a declaration- giving England less time to bat and get out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, den said:

The Aussies will go short again, just like England are doing now. It’s not good to watch for sure. The current benefit to England is that it’s slowing the run rate down meaning it will delay a declaration- giving England less time to bat and get out.

I’ll be surprised if they declare Den (notwithstanding the Lyon injury)

28 minutes ago, den said:

It’s an utterly terrible watch. 

Admittedly, the pitch isn’t helping.

I’m a bit of a purist, but this is making me look forward to watching some T20 tomorrow.

• Like 3

I hope England don’t stick to this “we don’t do draws” nonsense. A draw would be a good result from here and leave us 1-0 down instead of two. Some of the best and most tense Test matches have been draws . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I hope England don’t stick to this “we don’t do draws” nonsense. A draw would be a good result from here and leave us 1-0 down instead of two. Some of the best and most tense Test matches have been draws . 

IF we keep chipping away at the Aussie batsmen, we could bat ‘traditionally’ and still reach the target.

I’m not saying we would reach the target, just that the RPO required might not be overly challenging. 

Of course we’d probably try and chase it down by lunch tomorrow…

40 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It’s an utterly terrible watch. 

Admittedly, the pitch isn’t helping.

I’m a bit of a purist, but this is making me look forward to watching some T20 tomorrow.

You going to Old Trafford? I am.

• Like 2

Lyon is coming out to bat. What's the point. He can't run between the wickets and limping everywhere. Its clueless management by Australia. He will be out for minimum 8 weeks with the injury that is only being made worst by him being out there

Root has taken 2 excellent catches at short leg today 

Edited by chaddyrovers

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lyon is coming out to bat. What's the point. He can't run between the wickets and limping everywhere. Its clueless management by Australia. He will be out for minimum 8 weeks with the injury that is only being made worst by him being out there

Root has taken 2 excellent catches at short leg today 

I suppose they will argue that the extra however many runs they do get while he’s out there might be the difference between winning and losing, coz this isn’t going to be a draw now.