BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Todd Kane

Personally I would love to see us sign Todd Kane on a permanent deal.

I think his energy is unreal.

His reading of the game is very good considering his age.

I honestly think he will be the real deal when he develops.

I hope Chelsea do the usual Chelsea thing and sell him on without giving him a chance in the 1st team. Their loss will be our gain.

Last season he did a good job but this season I think he's going to be one of the best attacking full backs in the league. I'd put money on him getting a lot more assists and a few more goals too.

Bloody hell, he's played like a drain this season up to yesterday. He gets an hour running free down the right wing with nobody to mark and now we should sign him ! Let's see how he shapes in the next two games shall we ?

It's not a knee jerk, one good game, lets sign him up, post.

I was referring really to what I saw last season. Granted he's taken his time to find a bit of form this season; but in my opinion he's got all the attributes to be very very good.

• Backroom

His form was very on and off last season, and yesterday's game aside has been poor so far this season. I think it'd be sensible to withhold serious judgement for a couple of months at least - he's shown no hint of consistency yet.

I think Kane looks particularly impressive going forward and I frequently find myself wondering what we'd look like if we pushed him into midfield and moved Lowe back to what is in my mind by far his better position at full back.

That would add a lot more oomph to our midfield imo.

Personally I would love to see us sign Todd Kane on a permanent deal.

I think his energy is unreal.

His reading of the game is very good considering his age.

I honestly think he will be the real deal when he develops.

I hope Chelsea do the usual Chelsea thing and sell him on without giving him a chance in the 1st team. Their loss will be our gain.

Last season he did a good job but this season I think he's going to be one of the best attacking full backs in the league. I'd put money on him getting a lot more assists and a few more goals too.

Give it a rest mate, he's @#/?

Bloody hell, he's played like a drain this season up to yesterday. He gets an hour running free down the right wing with nobody to mark and now we should sign him ! Let's see how he shapes in the next two games shall we ?

Or even the whole season if we want to be really sensible...

Give it a rest mate, he's kean

Care to elaborate? Because he's clearly not.

And Rev, to answer your question; yes in my opinion Orr, at this moment in time is a better player than Henley. And yes, I believe Kane is better than them both.

What, in your opinion, makes Henley a better player at this moment in time?

Since he got here he's been good going forward and poor defensively. Nothing on Saturday disproved that, we just had the quality of Dunn to emphasise his attacking talent and 10 men to play against to reduce his defensive frailty. The trouble is he's a defender, so personally I'd prefer it if he were good at that and poor going forward. At present though we've nobody any better to replace him with and with his age there is a capacity for him to improve. I'd see how he does this season before pushing to sign him permanently though.

Elaborate? Hasn't got a clue how to defend, not strong enough, not good in the air......positionally he needs work...ok going forward I suppose...

One good game against the bottom team and you are bumming him up.

At this stage of the season their league position is neither here nor there. At 3pm Saturday, we were 22nd, Barnsley were 23rd.

I like what I've seen of Kane so far. You don't come through the rank at the United Nations of Chelsea unless you have something about you.

He's still young and will definitely improve. A real talent there.

Very impressed with Kane last season to the extent that I thought we would have virtually no chance of signing him permanantly. This season just the opposite. So do we move to sign someone who appears to be off his game? Catch 22 isn't it? Cos if he gets back on song his agent wont let him sign and more to the point Chelsea wouldn't let him go.

btw (I wonder if Kane went to the same place as N'Zonzi did in 2009 for his hols when after starring the season before Sam effectively banned him from the squad till Christmas after a nightmare pre season. )

Since he got here he's been good going forward and poor defensively. Nothing on Saturday disproved that, we just had the quality of Dunn to emphasise his attacking talent and 10 men to play against to reduce his defensive frailty. The trouble is he's a defender, so personally I'd prefer it if he were good at that and poor going forward. At present though we've nobody any better to replace him with and with his age there is a capacity for him to improve. I'd see how he does this season before pushing to sign him permanently though.

That's my view also. Last time I saw Henley he looked decent going forward but also looked like a player who knew how to defend as well. He had plenty of pace which for a full back is essential. If he's lost a bit of that it could be another story.

• Moderation Lead

Kane was class for us last season, allegedly he has been good on Saturday but I wasn't able to see the game, just the result as I'm on holiday ATM.

Before then he was alarmingly worse than last season IMO.

• Backroom

I hope Kane's form keeps improving as Henley has just pulled up and been replaced by poalo Jorge for the U21's

Alarming signs that Henley's body doesn't have what it takes to cope with professional football. Would be a huge shame as he has genuine talent.

Archived